Oversubscribed.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ant7t

Registered Shopper
I love my little annoyances: and dare I say, the list is getting longer. ;) They are 'oversubscribed' / 'over allocated', and yet they, in the same breath, say the last 3....... or whatever. IF they are still available, how can they be oversubscribed? If they are over allocated, why stay on the item?

I love my little annoyances: and dare I say, the list is getting longer. ;) They are 'oversubscribed' / 'over allocated', and yet they, in the same breath, say the last 3....... or whatever. IF they are still available, how can they be oversubscribed? If they are over allocated, why stay on the item?
It's yet more BS from the 'presenters'.

Their inventory is computerised, so if they only have 100 in stock, the system won't let more than that amount sell.

Plus, if they 'oversubscribed' on as many items as they say, they'd soon be pissing customers off and losing custom when they phone Mary in Mablethorpe to tell her, for the third time is as many weeks, that she can't have the Tanzanite ring she bought because it was oversubscribed and Abdul from Aberystwyth had it instead.

Just don't believe ANYTHING they say!!

I decided I’d give Hobbymaker another go after watching a full hour yesterday presented by Zena which I enjoyed. Although it’s the current product is not showing as limited stock it’s being declared as over allocated. I thought when anything was down to the last 10% it had to be shown as limited stock? If it’s over allocated then I thought it meant that there were more buyers than they had stock, which means it’s technically sold out? Dies anyone know the rules/law about this? Thank you

If it’s over allocated then I thought it meant that there were more buyers than they had stock, which means it’s technically sold out?
Exactly. How can they have items for sale if that be the case. 100 items, 103 buyers means 3 buyers miss out, which means sold out :p Yup, repeating, but still. And no, I don't know the rules, but I'd say your comment hits the nail on the head.

If it’s over allocated then I thought it meant that there were more buyers than they had stock, which means it’s technically sold out? Dies anyone know the rules/law about this? Thank you
They're not over allocating - it's just more BS from presenters to make people rush in to buy without spending too much time thinking about it.

All of their stock will be stored in an inventory - which will tally with purchase invoices from their suppliers. If they buy 100 in, they'll put 100 in their inventory. If they were allocating 103, despite buying only 100, I would imagine HMRC would want to know why their paperwork doesn't tally with their system...........

However, even if they were over allocating, Gaynor from Gateshead will probably be glad when she realises that the gold tone pigeon-s**t grey coloured Jadeite carved thingy on a rope that she paid £200 quid for isn't going to turn up after all. Poor old Dee Dee from Doncaster has ended up with the monstrosity instead.

Gaynor from Gateshead will probably be glad when she realises that the gold tone pigeon-s**t grey coloured Jadeite carved thingy on a rope that she paid £200 quid for isn't going to turn up after all. old Dee Dee from Doncaster has ended up with the monstrosity instead.
Oh, I wouldn't worry about Gaynor too much. I might be wrong but I'm sure I've seen Ellis show us how to use the Wishlist, but you might have missed it. Gaynor might have caught it and be sitting ready for her 'phone to vibrate after Dee Dee has flung it straight back.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about Gaynor too much. I might be wrong but I'm sure I've seen Ellis show us how to use the Wishlist, but you might have missed it. Gaynor might have caught it and be sitting ready for her 'phone to vibrate after Dee Dee has flung it straight back.

I probably missed that. Ellis isn't known for showing VTs very often......... 🤔 😆

Ellis show us how to use the Wishlist
I used that once, and didn't even know I had. I wanted to buy an alexandrite pendant (Indian not Russian) and I suppose I must have pressed something. Forgot all about it but got a phone call a week or so later asking if I still wanted it at the on air price. I still have it.

I used that once, and didn't even know I had. I wanted to buy an alexandrite pendant (Indian not Russian) and I suppose I must have pressed something. Forgot all about it but got a phone call a week or so later asking if I still wanted it at the on air price. I still have it.
I have just realised that I should have put all of Sloth's jadeite, serpentine, agate, whatever jewellery that I had zero interest in buying on wishlist, just so I could laugh at the poor sod ringing me up to ask me if I wanted to buy the tat some other customer took one look at and returned.

It's the little things in life, after all

I have just realised that I should have put all of Sloth's jadeite, serpentine, agate, whatever jewellery that I had zero interest in buying on wishlist, just so I could laugh at the poor sod ringing me up to ask me if I wanted to buy the tat some other customer took one look at and returned.

How long do you think the wishlist is? :oops:

There once was a time I liked Jade and Nephrite and would buy it when it was affordable. Now, thanks to its overkill on the family of channels, I have gone off it, with a vengeance.

Latest posts

Back