Lyndsay ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No. Gemfields in particular are notorious (a company that Yianni regularly exposes and DESPISES).

Yet Gemporia sell Gemfields stones, despite claiming to 'ethically source' their stones.
Goodness. Granted, I only know them via Gemporia, but such a well known company. Mainly Emeralds and Amethyst if I recall?

And LOTS of Rubies.

I believe most of Gemporia's Rubies are supplied by Gemfields
And off the top of my head: aka don't quote me, if I'm wrong. ;) Aren't they also the ones who supply Faberge? If so, naughty Faberge, condoning such things.

Yianni used to condemn Montepuez rubies. Yet, Gemporia sold them contemporaneously. I will just leave this link here.

Yianni used to condemn Montepuez rubies. Yet, Gemporia sold them contemporaneously. I will just leave this link here.
And they pride themselves on ethical sourcing. Maybe that is why Yianni and others are deserting the company? And 'blaming' it on costs. They don't want to be associated with 'those kind' of dealers.
😲

Absolutely shocking. This isn't about a Corporate Giant diddling Little Joe out of his due share. This is about torture, murder and arson.

Just reminds me that, when a company starts banging on at you about their ethics, they are only EVER talking about process or ethics in the abstract. "Ethically sourced", "ethically mined". Whether it's underarm deodorants that can "save the planet" or "beautiful jewellery that has a legacy", you can be damn sure that it's still only about profit.

Absolutely shocking. This isn't about a Corporate Giant diddling Little Joe out of his due share. This is about torture, murder and arson.

Just reminds me that, when a company starts banging on at you about their ethics, they are only EVER talking about process or ethics in the abstract. "Ethically sourced", "ethically mined". Whether it's underarm deodorants that can "save the planet" or "beautiful jewellery that has a legacy", you can be damn sure that it's still only about profit.

And the wording "ethically sourced" can be interpreted anyway it wants to be interpreted.

Do Gemporia "ethically source" their gemstones from Gemfields? Yes. But are those Rubies ethically mined or sourced by Gemfields? It would appear not.

> adopt blasé tone of voice <

Just pop those controversial stones into the Bennet Vault for xyz years, until any negative associations are forgotten...

(^ that's not my opinion, or any insider information. Just a suggestion that someone cynical could be thinking that as a viable strategy)

Me again. Saw earlier her selling Serpentine, which came from China. She once called it Serpentine Jade. The next time it was just Serpentine (no Jade) and the details on screen didn't mention Jade at all. So, it probably was a slip of the tongue.

Me again. Saw earlier her selling Serpentine, which came from China. She once called it Serpentine Jade. The next time it was just Serpentine (no Jade) and the details on screen didn't mention Jade at all. So, it probably was a slip of the tongue.

Or, they've been warned about it and told not to refer to it as Jade

Lindsey Carr just sold four items.

First item. An Aquamarine ring with a fairly chunky setting. Lindsey's description was "This has a gorgeous amount of gold"
Second Item. An Aquamarine ring with a cheesewire setting. Lindsey's description again was "This has a gorgeous amount of gold"
Third item. A pair of Aquamarine earrings. Lindsey's description was "These have a gorgeous amount of gold"

Fourth item. An Aquamarine ring with a number of white Zircons around the outside (probably about 10). Lindsey's description was "This has a beautiful amount of Zircons".

No gold weights given. No carat weights given. Quantities just described as a 'gorgeous' amount or 'beautiful amount'.

Very informative Lindsey. Great to see your GIA AJP accreditation in full use.

Lindsey Carr just sold four items.

First item. An Aquamarine ring with a fairly chunky setting. Lindsey's description was "This has a gorgeous amount of gold"
Second Item. An Aquamarine ring with a cheesewire setting. Lindsey's description again was "This has a gorgeous amount of gold"
Third item. A pair of Aquamarine earrings. Lindsey's description was "These have a gorgeous amount of gold"

Fourth item. An Aquamarine ring with a number of white Zircons around the outside (probably about 10). Lindsey's description was "This has a beautiful amount of Zircons".

No gold weights given. No carat weights given. Quantities just described as a 'gorgeous' amount or 'beautiful amount'.

Very informative Lindsey. Great to see your GIA AJP accreditation in full use.
Completely unrelated, but wander to my post in the off topic section about the Japanese artist. If you want to of course. Well worth it ;)

Latest posts

Back