PERFECT ---- they said

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LOL Not sure I'd buy anything with "O-Matic" in the title! Classic QVC gadget though and I'd hate for them to stop trying to flog carp like this! It's what makes shopping telly so entertaining!

LOL Not sure I'd buy anything with "O-Matic" in the title! Classic QVC gadget though and I'd hate for them to stop trying to flog carp like this! It's what makes shopping telly so entertaining!

Ha ha, yeah sounds like something out of Wallace & Gromit!

You can see the guy moves the gadget and the two nails for that second item end up out of line, so I wonder if the problem is not so much the Hang-O-Matic as the "Hanging Tool" wielding the hammer.

Sounds like something from a French & Saunders sketch! I absolutely LOVE it when things go wrong and they have to squirm! I think my favourite one was with Simon Biagi / Malcolm Haradine when a caller rang up taking the p*ss out of Lock & Lock. He said something like: "I put my buns in them!" Another good one was with Claire Sutton and that fat bloke who hammered his fist on the TV screen and broke it!

That was so funny! He hammered the nails in at different angles, I thought. Perfect!

He tried to make out that 2 points on each side were better because you could see them easier.

That is absolutely ridiculous!

In fact, one point would be much better, making one dent in the wall that you could easily centre the nail or screw in.

The overall idea is good, but once again, a useless demo (as well as the skewiff bit) as they had no closeups of the gadget when measuring the item to be hung and they didn't explain how you lock the "points".

A few years ago I invented a gadget for making sure that pictures could be hung in line with each other even if they were different sizes and had different lengths of string on the back. I didn't take the idea anywhere, I just made it when I had a lot of pictures to hang and wanted all the top edges to line up.

I don't suppose the naked eye would be good enough to hang a picture accurately...ooh but that wouldn't be a chargeable commodity, would it? The time-honoured, "go to" classic instrument for anyone with angular / spatial ineptitude would be a spirit level. They do nice ones in the pound shop.

:mysmilie_15: oh my word! how funny is that....... so now it's confirmed, they really do think their customer is thick as poop when they can say it's perfect when viewers can blatantly see, it's absolutely not. :mysmilie_15:

:mysmilie_15: oh my word! how funny is that....... so now it's confirmed, they really do think their customer is thick as poop when they can say it's perfect when viewers can blatantly see, it's absolutely not. :mysmilie_15:

Loool! I wonder if that particular segment will be carefully edited out of the catch-up / online show?

PERFECT ---- they said

I am pleased that I read this, as I had watched that DIY show and thought my eyes were out of sync.:mysmilie_17:

Loool! I wonder if that particular segment will be carefully edited out of the catch-up / online show?

Yes more than likely, the crafty sods have removed the prices on line catch-up, so wouldn't surprise me after all, deceit is QVCs middle name.

Latest posts

Back