Peter Simon yesterday - met his match?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Tuned in for a few mins. during the evening yesterday and lo and behold! The one, the only.....Peter Simon, aka Pope Pete! He was with a female guest presenter doing some kind of skin lotion/cream, anyway there was a model slathering what looked like oily substance on her face and saying how wonderful it was, got rid of her crows feet, under-eye bags, facial lines, moles digging up her lawn, spots on the end of her nose and her husband's sweaty feet - you know the rigmarole. What shocked me was that Pope Pete couldn't get a word in - she cut him off each time he attempted to say something - although he did manage to squeeze in "you need to get on the phone NOW, they're selling out and I don't think we'll see them again" craparto. I could only watch for a couple of minutes - but I was so shocked I forgot to note the name of product!!. Give that woman guest presenter a round of applause, her gabble was easily over-riding the twaddle coming from Pete, and that 'ain't easy.

Tuned in for a few mins. during the evening yesterday and lo and behold! The one, the only.....Peter Simon, aka Pope Pete! He was with a female guest presenter doing some kind of skin lotion/cream, anyway there was a model slathering what looked like oily substance on her face and saying how wonderful it was, got rid of her crows feet, under-eye bags, facial lines, moles digging up her lawn, spots on the end of her nose and her husband's sweaty feet - you know the rigmarole. What shocked me was that Pope Pete couldn't get a word in - she cut him off each time he attempted to say something - although he did manage to squeeze in "you need to get on the phone NOW, they're selling out and I don't think we'll see them again" craparto. I could only watch for a couple of minutes - but I was so shocked I forgot to note the name of product!!. Give that woman guest presenter a round of applause, her gabble was easily over-riding the twaddle coming from Pete, and that 'ain't easy.

Yes! Give that woman a medal and key to the city. :mysmilie_8:

if it does the ironing as well I will buy some! I soooo wish I had seen the presentation, anyone who can interupt Pete is a miracle worker!

Yes! Let's allow her to drive her sheep over Westminster Bridge, sing "Nessan Dorma" from the top of Nelson's Column, or whatever privileges having the Freedom of the City of London gives you! My jaw was on my feet, and Pete appeared relatively calm, apart from a few "No! No!" fake cries of amazement. I wish I'd been able to watch for the rest of the show, just in case he reverted back to type (which I strongly suspect he did, and she's probably recovering in a darkened room as we speak) - but hey, she shut him up for 5 minutes at least. Result!!!

Yes! Give that woman a medal and key to the city. :mysmilie_8:

Yes! Let's allow her to drive her sheep over Westminster Bridge, sing "Nessan Dorma" from the top of Nelson's Column, or whatever privileges having the Freedom of the City of London gives you! My jaw was on my feet, and Pete appeared relatively calm, apart from a few "No! No!" fake cries of amazement. I wish I'd been able to watch for the rest of the show, just in case he reverted back to type (which I strongly suspect he did, and she's probably recovering in a darkened room as we speak) - but hey, she shut him up for 5 minutes at least. Result!!!

I wonder if he'd been told off for sticking his fingers in Joes peanut butter ice cream............that's not a euphemism he really did that on the Nutrimaster hour, I think it was Thursday. Joe looked at him in disgusted and slammed a spoon down telling the fool to "use that!" Brilliant when he thinks he's funny and the tumbleweed wafts through the studio.

Was it the Elizabeth Grant hour?

Caroline, the 'crown jewels' lady, ex-Garrard & Co. hmmmm, who guests the high end quality watch hours (oh and the moissanite) needs to learn how to control old Popeye.

He interrupts and talks over her constantly. She used to shut up as soon as he started to speak but now she carries on, so two people are talking at once (cos he aint ever going to be the one to shut it). It's a really irritating show to watch because you know he loves the sound of his own voice and she isn't going to get a word in, or if she does, it's a struggle.

Oh, how I'd love to have seen that. If that's the grumpy chef I've seen on there, I wonder he didn't feed him though his food mixer. Spoon? Pete doesn't bother with such things; like meCharlie he just grabs the food and stuffs it into his mouth....

I wonder if he'd been told off for sticking his fingers in Joes peanut butter ice cream............that's not a euphemism he really did that on the Nutrimaster hour, I think it was Thursday. Joe looked at him in disgusted and slammed a spoon down telling the fool to "use that!" Brilliant when he thinks he's funny and the tumbleweed wafts through the studio.

Oh, how I'd love to have seen that. If that's the grumpy chef I've seen on there, I wonder he didn't feed him though his food mixer. Spoon? Pete doesn't bother with such things; like meCharlie he just grabs the food and stuffs it into his mouth....

No it's the younger chef, he's a bit grumpy, not the fat older chef that's extremely grumpy..........It was funny though History, you'd have loved seeing PP getting told off.

I really hate to say this: we need Wayne the Bid chef back on our screens making dodgy egg recipes and cooking raw sausages!

I generally don't like the food shows. Whatever presenter is on (although some are worse than others) watching them shovel food down their gobs is usually vile because they act like they haven't eaten in a week. We all like a free taster (me and mum got a free bite of a pretzel yesterday out shopping) but some of them are gross. And Pete is in my experience the worst with no manners. Does he think we find this funny maybe?

shopperholic, yes that would have given me a good giggle; it was the fat chef I was thinking of, because he seems in a permanent bad mood whenever I've tuned in, and he's got that look in his eyes that would make you remove the carving knives (especially any electric ones) well out of the way. Perhaps he'll cut Pete off in his prime one of these days (Oh, er, missus!). Probably the ticking off from younger chef went straight over the Pope's bonce, because he's got a skin like a rhino.

No it's the younger chef, he's a bit grumpy, not the fat older chef that's extremely grumpy..........It was funny though History, you'd have loved seeing PP getting told off.

shopperholic, yes that would have given me a good giggle; it was the fat chef I was thinking of, because he seems in a permanent bad mood whenever I've tuned in, and he's got that look in his eyes that would make you remove the carving knives (especially any electric ones) well out of the way. Perhaps he'll cut Pete off in his prime one of these days (Oh, er, missus!). Probably the ticking off from younger chef went straight over the Pope's bonce, because he's got a skin like a rhino.

Yeah, the fat angry looking chef, think his names Paul Brodel or miserable git as I like to call him, always looks like he's about to punch someone's lights out.

How dreadful iw is today ?

Absolutely dire products on today, all the gud uns have been on over the weekend I think. I did buy that egg thingy Virteggo for on the web for a tenner free p&p so I'm quite happy with that, been after trying it for a while now.

St Peter is in his element tonight in his own mad world on the 8pm show selling the memory foam mattress full of innuendo and 70s crap 1st time round "jokes".

I have noticed when it comes to how much the item is and explaning flexi pay etc he fluffs his lines like nobodys buisness, looks like he is doing it on purpose so he never has to explain the correct item price...............

Oh and on a PS, Seriuosly this mans a grown adult I honestly cant beleive the way he is acting on TV, IW owners must be held to account on the way St Peter is allowed to act and speak before 9pm............I aint no prude I mean this in a way that IW should do St Peter a favour for his own health and keep him as far away from a TV camera as possible as the poor guys making a utter clown of himself.

Every time I flippng well turned over it was him! He was absolutely hysterical during the drill bits hour screaming "no, no you can't, you're not going to do that" and I do mean screaming. I was seriously worried about his mental health. It was ludicrous, soon turned off IW, drill bits don't excite me that much...

Every time I flippng well turned over it was him! He was absolutely hysterical during the drill bits hour screaming "no, no you can't, you're not going to do that" and I do mean screaming. I was seriously worried about his mental health. It was ludicrous, soon turned off IW, drill bits don't excite me that much...

He says that every time I've seen him doing that hour so by now he should know "yes!! yes you can!! he is going to do that!!"

S C O, I honestly believe he enjoys making a complete and utter p..t of himself - in the world of 'Pope' Pete, his brand of 1970's innuendo and poor man's Larry Grayson act is hysterically funny, and the punters love it! He's a failed Showbiz 'personality' who appears on a 2nd-rate Selly Telly channel, and that's all he is, but in his world he's still in the big time. Seems to me these people never accept that they had "their time" on the Box and that time's now over, the world's moved on - so many of them out there are like him. I wouldn't mind, but he was never anything much, even in his heyday! I agree with you about the smut before 9pm - I'm amazed he's not been pulled up on some of the things he's said, I saw him on early evening once, with the bloke selling ladders, and some of it was pretty crude (the bloke selling ladders was embarrassed, I think). He's not the slightest bit funny, in my book, and that business of "fudging" when he speaks about the prices, Easi-pay and delivery charges is disgusting...he's been doing that for ages and again the Advertising Standards people should give him a pull. Save your breath writing complaints to IW - I've done it at least twice, and all you get back is a standard e-mail, saying they take notice of all feedback and thank you for bringing to our attention, yada, yada, yada.

St Peter is in his element tonight in his own mad world on the 8pm show selling the memory foam mattress full of innuendo and 70s crap 1st time round "jokes".

I have noticed when it comes to how much the item is and explaning flexi pay etc he fluffs his lines like nobodys buisness, looks like he is doing it on purpose so he never has to explain the correct item price...............

Oh and on a PS, Seriuosly this mans a grown adult I honestly cant beleive the way he is acting on TV, IW owners must be held to account on the way St Peter is allowed to act and speak before 9pm............I aint no prude I mean this in a way that IW should do St Peter a favour for his own health and keep him as far away from a TV camera as possible as the poor guys making a utter clown of himself.

Muttley, obviously he hasn't taken the medication.....or the dose needs adjusting.. That's all part of the act "no! no! you can't do that!" "Well, will you look at that!" Yeah Pete, we are looking at "that" - a great big fool.

He looks like Draculas older, more ugly brother reliving his Butlins entertainer days through IW, a walking double entendre, whoever hired him should be sacked with immediate effect.

Latest posts

Back