Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL Hair Removal System TSV 01/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just checked inside the box of my Lumea and there were two white printed stickers either side of the see through moded cover of the contents which state that they are hygeine seals and if they are removed you cannot return for a refund.

Honestly Marina I think you will find it'll work. Just please don't give up if you're not hair free in 8 weeks which is basically what the bumpf sort of promises you. We're all different and you might find that within 8 weeks you are hair free but if there's little change in two or four weeks keep going. I'm as cynical as they come with all these hair zappers but if I hadn't taken the plunge with the Silk n Glide I have, I'd still be saying they don't work. They do.

Maybe TMI but I haven't shaved under my arms for months because I don't need to. I'm still zapping my legs probably about once a month but my legs are much better. I tested it on my forearms, largely because I could really see what I was doing and now I really do need to keep going on my forearms because I've very little hair left and to me it looks worse than it did when I started lol. I only do my arms in the depths of winter though because of sun exposure so its a bit of a slow process.

Good luck!! Hope it works for you.

Do you have Silk’n’Glide Tinkerbelle? I have it too but it’s been a slow process and hair seems to regrow if I don’t zap for six months or so.

I do Marina but I have the second generation one. The pink one. Its a lot quicker to do each "zap" if you know what I mean so it makes the process quicker.

As I've said I don't have underarm hair any more but I would honestly say that's taken me about 9 months in total. I've been zapping my legs for a bit longer. My lower legs are very patchy and I only do those once in a while now. I can go at least a week or two easily without needing to remove any hair at all. I shaved my legs every day before I started.

I'm less consistent at doing my thighs and bikini line because its less of an issue so that's where I've seen the least improvement but that is entirely my fault.

I knew to expect the long haul though as I've had laser therapy and needed the full six sessions when some only need two or three.

I do wish they would explain to people that it could take considerably longer than the 8 weeks or whatever they suggest in the presentations.

Mine is a pink one too, and I have to admit I haven’t been consistent at zapping, when I did see the results I would stop and then I saw the hair growing back.
I’m going to pull out the instructions tonight and see if it’s meant to give a permanent solution.

I think they can only claim a long term reduction because the product and the technology behind it is relatively new. Even laser doesn't claim to be permanent but I'm over 15 years post laser treatment ... which cost a flying fortune!! ... with next to no regrowth.

I do know that where I have bare patches they have been that way for months. If I were to wear cropped jeans say I could get away without shaving my legs at all. I wouldn't because that would feel weird but my legs are bare for a few inches above my ankle. Is that permanent? I'd like to think so.

I bought the 2008 model last year on amazon Black Friday and it has been brilliant - fantastic piece of kit. Has 140000 flashes and really easy to use. My sister bought the 2007 one recently for about £250 and it has a whopping 250000 flashes, and so a much better deal. Not sure where she bought it, but it would be worth googling.

Latest posts

Back