Please give me reasons not to buy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kirkiegirl

Registered Shopper
My CE rotisserie oven blew up when it was out of its year's guarantee and we really miss it. Got nowhere with QVC and no spares available + it would have cost more to repair than what it was worth. Apparently QVC are no longer selling that oven. I looked on QVC.com and they have a new model which incorporates a breadmaker as well as a rotisserie and I am wondering if that is going to be the TSV on 22 March. It is a lot dearer than the previous model. When the first oven went we said never again but I must admit I am tempted with the new one and want to be talked out of it. I can think of some drawbacks myself:

1) According to QVC.com site it is ETL listed and has a 90-day Limited Manufacturer's Warranty. The previous model had 1 year guarantee so a warranty of about 3 months worries me.
2) I have a breadmaker but the one in the CE oven appeals to me because I could make smaller loaves in it when I wanted. The drawback with that one is that I don't think you could add water or flour during the initial kneading and I always find I have to do that as flour, temperature etc can vary.
3) Some of the elements are infrared so they claim food gets cooked from the inside as well as the outside. I read somewhere recently, can't remember where, that that is actually not a good thing.

Can anyone give me any more reasons not to buy when they do get it in the UK and, particularly, could someone give me their views on the 90 day warranty - at least they tell you that in USA, here you don't find out till it is delivered.
:mysmilie_687:

sale of goods act states that items should be of merchantable quality in fact way beyond the 1 year that most companies try to fob us off with.

my brother even said that 5 years was expected and read this out to me over the phone.
sale of goods act protects you a lot more than daft warranties in fact its the law.

i have had repairs done way past so called warranties and dont ever take out extended insurance policies.

QVC have just refunded me in full for a TV I bought over 20 months ago which developed a fault. Admittedly Mr Akimbo had to ring them a couple of times before a CS rep who understood the Sale of Goods Act rang back to arrange collection and ultimately the refund. Since I bought it my credit card had changed so they sent me a cheque. It's the reason we buy electrical goods from Q - they quibble far less then high street retailers I've found.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back