Pointless / fake demos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lots of those food choppers/mandolins (I discovered) are demo'ed with soft veggies. I bought one years ago as I thought it would be great for chopping up my stew veg. WRONG ! ****** hopeless for dicing/slicing turnips, swedes, parsnips etc, and as I could easily slice a tomato or cucumber myself without the need of washing up a gadget, it went to the charideee shop.

Lots of those food choppers/mandolins (I discovered) are demo'ed with soft veggies. I bought one years ago as I thought it would be great for chopping up my stew veg. WRONG ! ****** hopeless for dicing/slicing turnips, swedes, parsnips etc, and as I could easily slice a tomato or cucumber myself without the need of washing up a gadget, it went to the charideee shop.

So many of these things look better in the demos. I bought something called the "Ab King Pro" once. Utter rubbish, it was!

How about the Lock and Lock plastic boxes that are attached to some machine opening and closing them thousands of times and counting the number of times it has done this? OK I get that the product is robust, but why do I need to see it demonstrated in that way. It just seems really stupid! I'd personally love to see their bit of tupperware suddenly break as the camera zooms in!

The machine is not testing the items in a real-life way since it is exerting the same amount of force with each movement. This does not replicate real-world usage. I bet if one were to put a Pound Shop box through that test it would fare relatively well.

All of them, from the tatty haired models before shot to watching rough heels being sanded onto the floor, from pretend gunge miraculously being removed to a mop that mops, and that toilet spatula I wouldn’t give house room to!

The carpet-shampoo demos always show fresh mess. It would be much more useful if they showed, 'one I prepared earlier', when the mess had been allowed to soak in, for a couple of hours, days, years.

It obviously takes three people, the gnome, Claire Sutton & Gill Gauntlett, to show us how to use a broom. "It's a cross between a broom & a rake" squealed Ms G & the others agreed wholeheartedly. This was on this morning & entertained me while I was drying my hair. In my opinion it would only have been worse if it was Anne Dorrington with the other two or Chuntley, or Katy P or, or, or any of the rest of them. I've got a similar broom from good old eBay, it didn't come with instructions & I managed just fine.

The carpet-shampoo demos always show fresh mess. It would be much more useful if they showed, 'one I prepared earlier', when the mess had been allowed to soak in, for a couple of hours, days, years.

QVC customers would NEVER have mess that had been around for years... Look at the homes in the Christmas promos, the bathrooms in the beauty ads & the bedrooms that only contain a beautifully made bed, a statement piece of art & a gossamer fine curtain waving in a soft breeze...

QVC customers would NEVER have mess that had been around for years... Look at the homes in the Christmas promos, the bathrooms in the beauty ads & the bedrooms that only contain a beautifully made bed, a statement piece of art & a gossamer fine curtain waving in a soft breeze...

They might inadvertently drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil on their granite worktop. Also they need to polish the aga for when Jack and Jemima's parents come round and dust the Kelly Hoppen half moon vase, and put out the throw in celador grey with a subtle honeycomb weave to it.

It obviously takes three people, the gnome, Claire Sutton & Gill Gauntlett, to show us how to use a broom. "It's a cross between a broom & a rake" squealed Ms G & the others agreed wholeheartedly. This was on this morning & entertained me while I was drying my hair. In my opinion it would only have been worse if it was Anne Dorrington with the other two or Chuntley, or Katy P or, or, or any of the rest of them. I've got a similar broom from good old eBay, it didn't come with instructions & I managed just fine.

LOL yes that was funny. Gill Gauntlett iss always a laugh.

Yes, Q families and their homes are always picture perfect.

What about some 'down to earth' (for want of a better description) types demonstrating products. Can you imagine :mysmilie_17:
.:

I think it was really generous of Fibby Flint to lend them the broom she flew in on. :mysmilie_17:

I think it was really generous of Fibby Flint to lend them the broom she flew in on. :mysmilie_17:

Julia's spending the weekend at Fibby's retreat/b&b/writers' workshop. Whoops, just given away the fact that I've read her blog...

Another pointless person /demo is the Diamonique woman Alison-it's as clear as her personal D grade diamonds she wouldn't be seen dead in Diamonique and at 20 quid for a 1 carat equivalent- I dont really care what she thinks!!

Julia's spending the weekend at Fibby's retreat/b&b/writers' workshop. Whoops, just given away the fact that I've read her blog...

Is the building big enough to take those two huge........egos one wonders?

It's ok Twilight you had a lapse of judgement, it happens, we're all friends here so we'll forgive you for reading the blog.......just this once mind!! :mysmilie_17:

I'd like to go on one of those retreats. I suppose I'm a writer of sorts, but not a novelist. Mind you my tabloid bits are probably better than Deb's efforts anyway. I must have written countless spoofs on here!

Can you imagine how it will go? JR arrives with her toe posts getting stuck in crazy paving. Flint is sat there eating a clotted cream and jam scone with her hobbit feet stuck in a Clairol foot spa. She quickly dries them on a Primark towel and rushes to the door, to find JR laden with gifts - all from QVC, of course...

Is the building big enough to take those two huge........egos one wonders?

It's ok Twilight you had a lapse of judgement, it happens, we're all friends here so we'll forgive you for reading the blog.......just this once mind!! :mysmilie_17:

I promise, faithfully, never to do this again & your generous nature has made my error easier to bear.

I cannot bear the pointless hours and hours and hours of demos from Elemis,Gatineau,Decleor etc on how to apply face and neck creams and all the absolute verbal drivel that accompanies it.
I dont know of anyone who cant apply a face cream or anyone who believes all the verbal claptrap either!!
Cut it down by 2/3 at least.

I also am driven mad by the Vionic shoes chap and his black marker pen lines on legs demo.

Oh and the shapewear undies with the ladies in bikini briefs and an ill fitting lycra frock who then miraculously lose 5 stone wearing a pair of big squashyinny pants!

I wonder if any of the models go home on public transport with those lines / arrows still on their leg?

How about the "with Miracle Gro" and "without" photos of plants, flowers and fruits. The difference seems too good to be true. Besides, I don't want tomatoes like footballs hulking great strawberries (with no flavour) and elephantine carrots. I just want things in their natural state.

TIP: Strawberries are abundant right now. The best ones, in my opinion, are Sainsburys's value range - at only £1 a punnet, the strawbs are smaller than the pricier ones - but oh are they delicious. I'm buying a punnet every day, I love them so much.

Latest posts

Back