QVC are crafty, I'll give 'em that.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
My Kipling Priska was delivered today.

Whereas all the ones that were shown in the on air demonstration had polka dot linings, mine doesn't.

I chose the black one as I had realised that I didn't have a plain black Kipling bag.

It would just have been nice to have had a jolly polka dot lining like all the others, that's all.

I chose the black one too GG.I think mine should arrive tomorrow. Don"t worry, the polkadot lining does not inspire so you are not missing much

That's a shame for you, I don't recall them mentioning the black had a plain lining either.
I bought the navy and like the polka dot lining, I think it finishes the bag off. Maybe you could complain to QVC about it? Is it classed as misleading advertising/sales?

Just noticed too on Q's website some reviews are up and those who bought the black and white snake print are saying its actually brown and white! Oh dear.

Just read the reviews too. Why give it 5 stars when what they actually say in the review would not actually deserve 5 stars?

Just read the reviews too. Why give it 5 stars when what they actually say in the review would not actually deserve 5 stars?

It's why I would always take reviews on Q with a pinch of salt! How people can review something the day they've received it also baffles me. Yes its a great handbag and I'm chuffed with mine on first view, but until I've used it for a couple of weeks I can't really comment on the durability and practicality.

I noticed the snake had a brown strap and monkey and wondered why the print wasn't brown, although it was hard to tell on screen.

I only saw one of the presentations and in that one Marie Francoise mentioned the black had a plain lining as it was one of the permanent colours and the others were colours for just that season...

My black one has arrived and I love it. It fits everything I need and organises it just as I want it. There is a pen holder (contrary to what one of the reviews says) and all my make up bits and sunglasses and handcream go in the front velcro pouch. My inhaler, headphones and little tub of vaseline go in the small pockets on the sides and my lightning deal black Uzario wallet (£14!) fits easily in the rear zipped compartment where my travel tickets and work pass will also go. The main compartment fits my kindle, work items, notebook, hand sanitiser, perfume, phone and keys on key fob plus a packet of tissues.

The bag is well finished at the ends of the zips, as usual the zip is nice and strong, and no irritating removeable strap. The strap is the perfect length for the shoulder but can be worn cross-body too. I would say it is better than the fairfax and is best described as a large Syro, with fairfax -style pockets on the sides and without the annoying divider inside. I think it is a rival for my favourite Kipling style!!

I ordered the purple monkey mania and also the scarf in the same print. They have not arrived as yet, but I should imagine I will receive them the early part of next week as it normally takes around 6-9 days to get here.

I always assumed the snake was brown and never thought it would be black, as I have a Bryan monkey on another bag which is brown. But here in France some of the coloured bags have black straps, e.g. I have a Breezer that I bought on Ebay France and it is a soft green with a black strap. Also I think I remember sometime ago that this was meant to be a bag designed especially for Q, but this clearly isn't so.

Think I've got a bit carried away as I'm so pleased with this bag as my first Kipling purchase that I've just ordered the Brownie purse from amazon. I never thought I'd get so excited about being organised!

:mysmilie_8:

Very impressed!

Years ago the "Basic" line of Kipling bags had black straps and the rubber logo badge was black too.

Latest posts

Back