QVC Auto Delivery craftiness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

frenchie

Registered Shopper
I've been buying from QVC for years, and have bought into Auto-deliveries, and mostly like the concept, because it is just a quick call to cancel if you change your mind.
However.... I used to get an email a good few days before the money would be taken for the next 'drop'... giving time to pick up the phone if I'd either forgotten I was still in the loop and didn't want the order any more, or I'd just changed my mind.
This week I got the email saying my next drop of the Yankee Hamper was due.... and when I arrived home from work, there it was, waiting for me!! So... my question is... was this just a one-off, or is this a new policy so that customers aren't reminded that they have another drop coming, and a payment due, in time to cancel before it's dispatched?

I've been buying from QVC for years, and have bought into Auto-deliveries, and mostly like the concept, because it is just a quick call to cancel if you change your mind.
However.... I used to get an email a good few days before the money would be taken for the next 'drop'... giving time to pick up the phone if I'd either forgotten I was still in the loop and didn't want the order any more, or I'd just changed my mind.
This week I got the email saying my next drop of the Yankee Hamper was due.... and when I arrived home from work, there it was, waiting for me!! So... my question is... was this just a one-off, or is this a new policy so that customers aren't reminded that they have another drop coming, and a payment due, in time to cancel before it's dispatched?

That's always been my problem with auto delivery - you never remember when it's due ( or when the money is due to be paid ) until AFTER you receive it
I've NEVER had any pre warning- that would actually be a half decent customer service if they were to do that - but suspect like you it is another cynical way to ensure more sales

I don't think I have ever had an advance email about an AD drop either. Indeed one came this morning and the only email I had(which was late as the,iPad was playing up) was the standard despatch one with the tracking link. I always have to keep a note as the Yankee ones have different candles in and I can never remember which ones are coming. In fact this one was two months overdue so it was only my own note that reminded me to chase it up.

I don't think I have ever had an advance email about an AD drop either. Indeed one came this morning and the only email I had(which was late as the,iPad was playing up) was the standard despatch one with the tracking link. I always have to keep a note as the Yankee ones have different candles in and I can never remember which ones are coming. In fact this one was two months overdue so it was only my own note that reminded me to chase it up.

Same here. I've never had advance warning, just the despatch email with tracker if coming via Hermes.
I keep a note of when each one is due with the description of what should be in them.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to NOT get ADs. My reason was this - losing track of drops and payments but also I had been disappointed with a couple of drops that were cancelled that contained items that had influenced my decision to get an AD in the first place. It's now November and I haven't given in and haven't really felt I have missed out either.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to NOT get ADs. My reason was this - losing track of drops and payments but also I had been disappointed with a couple of drops that were cancelled that contained items that had influenced my decision to get an AD in the first place. It's now November and I haven't given in and haven't really felt I have missed out either.
I won't buy anything on easy pay because I don't trust them to only take the correct amount of money and I am useless at keeping track myself

I won't buy anything on easy pay because I don't trust them to only take the correct amount of money and I am useless at keeping track myself

They send you an email a few days before they take the payment stating the item and Instalment Number.

It's a good job all these expensive Dyson and Bose things aren't on auto-delivery. All my cupboards would be full of vacuum cleaners and radios at £100's a time.

Never had a problem with easy pay, its printed on the invoice the dates the money is coming out. I have always got emails a few days before saying coming out, but I mark each one on the calender anyway.

I always make a note of the AD dates & price, for my records. I have only either received emails that same the AD has been dispatched.

I don't buy anything on easy pay.

I won't use AD any more because I don't trust QVC not to mess things up for me and my bank. I got fed up with drops being earlier than expected and wondering why my bank balance was lower than expected. It wouldn't be so bad if they did what Will tells us they do in their advert and actually keep you up to date with the relevant information.

I won't use AD any more because I don't trust QVC not to mess things up for me and my bank. I got fed up with drops being earlier than expected and wondering why my bank balance was lower than expected. It wouldn't be so bad if they did what Will tells us they do in their advert and actually keep you up to date with the relevant information.

Absolutely! It is beyond infuriating when they stand up and boast about their service, yet do not put anything in place to deliver that service. Raising customers' expectations of the quality and level of service they will receive only to consistently fall short of it is a recipe for disaster... maybe not immediate disaster, but at some point those customers who are being repeatedly failed will lose faith... and word gets around far faster and further if you get a bad experience than if you get a good one. So QVC would do well to look to their laurels. There is not an infinite number of newbies who have never witnessed QVC in action. For every new customer, they should give a thought to the fact that the kids/grandkids will be aware that mum/gran shops at QVC and is sometimes left foaming at the mouth about the service... and they shouldn't kid themselves that the kids are going to reach the age of purchasing stuff with their own money and be struck down with amnesia.

Latest posts

Back