QVC Garden TSV 18/06/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do have some SFIXX …

CORRECTION they were Buildcraft

2nd correction

I'm not sure if these are the right ones, but I am sure they were presented by the man with the big paunch. Does he do other makes?
If you mean the guy presenting the TSV today, I have only seen him on this and he does say “we” about S-FIXX as if he works for them but I’m not sure that means much at QVC.

The ones I bought have a setting where they stay alight dimly all night, but come on very bright when movement is detected.

I can't find them online any more, but they were definitely demo'd by paunchman.

I've got four Rose Gold coming . I think they are more of a browny bronze. To be placed throughout the new gaff!
Did you receive your lamps, slinky? Or anyone else? Mine came yesterday - and yes, I did get the bronze and the black, the plan being to place them bronze-black-bronze along the table (as if I have that long a table!).

Anyway, I haven’t charged them up yet but I have inspected very closely and they all have very small imperfections in the finish (like slightly rough paint in places). I don’t think it’s that noticeable and with use, they will not stay pristine, I’m sure, so I’m mostly fine with it. Maybe they’re meant to be like that for a slightly more rustic look?

Unfortunately, however, one of the black ones has two small scratches about 8mm on the top side of the black base. You can get your nail in so they are more than surface scratches. I am therefore having them replaced. I return very, very little to Q but my limited experience tells me this won’t be a speedy process. They insisted on sending me a label so Evri can pick the box up, even though it’s not that heavy. Last time I had a QVC Evri collection, it took three attempts as they never turned up. Then I will have to wait for the warehouse to log them and arrange despatch of the replacements. Might get them in August!

Did you receive your lamps, slinky? Or anyone else? Mine came yesterday - and yes, I did get the bronze and the black, the plan being to place them bronze-black-bronze along the table (as if I have that long a table!).

Anyway, I haven’t charged them up yet but I have inspected very closely and they all have very small imperfections in the finish (like slightly rough paint in places). I don’t think it’s that noticeable and with use, they will not stay pristine, I’m sure, so I’m mostly fine with it. Maybe they’re meant to be like that for a slightly more rustic look?

Unfortunately, however, one of the black ones has two small scratches about 8mm on the top side of the black base. You can get your nail in so they are more than surface scratches. I am therefore having them replaced. I return very, very little to Q but my limited experience tells me this won’t be a speedy process. They insisted on sending me a label so Evri can pick the box up, even though it’s not that heavy. Last time I had a QVC Evri collection, it took three attempts as they never turned up. Then I will have to wait for the warehouse to log them and arrange despatch of the replacements. Might get them in August!
Yes mine arrived and they are lovely! Put them out on the garden table in the sun to "charge up" and they were spot on for that evening in the house. I thought they were pretty heavy, and fairly stable. I'm v clumsy and live with boys and dogs! The finish on both of my bronze (rose gold) lamps is flawless so maybe give Customer Services a ring? All the best x

Yes mine arrived and they are lovely! Put them out on the garden table in the sun to "charge up" and they were spot on for that evening in the house. I thought they were pretty heavy, and fairly stable. I'm v clumsy and live with boys and dogs! The finish on both of my bronze (rose gold) lamps is flawless so maybe give Customer Services a ring? All the best x
Thanks for your review and findings. I must put my bronze ones in the sun tomorrow as well, to make sure they actually work. I agree, they are nicely weighty so I can’t see them blowing over or falling easily.

I think I’m being too fussy and seeing “flaws” in the bronze shades that are not really flaws. The metallic finish has a gleam so it won’t be like eggshells, unlike the black shades which have a smoother satin paint finish. I held them all by the window in bright sun to inspect but they look perfect from a couple of feet away. Shame about the actual scratches on the base of one of the black ones. Fingers crossed for the replacements.

Latest posts

Back