qvc poll

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
There is a small piece in today's Daily Telegraph saying that a qvc poll of 1200 adults has shown that women have £285 of clothes that they will never wear, equating to 22 outfits each.

They don't say whether this poll was exclusively of qvc customers... If it was, then I would imagine that's quite a conservative estimate. Just imagine all the wardrobes bulging with pristine Indigo, Quacker etc. that gets pulled out and put straight back. Have any of you been canvassed and what would you have owned up to? I don't have any qvc fashion but am guilty of hoarding all sorts of stuff I'll never wear again.

I used to be a bit like this but I've tried to curb my clothes spending over the last few years. I would say £285 is high but when you think of it probably not actually, once you add up all the clothes/shoes etc that are lurking in the back of the wardrobe.

I'm more guilty of the buy it, wear it once, forget its there, then try it on and it doesn't fit anymore! :sad:

I'm also guilty of hanging on to clothes in the vain hope of one day fitting back into them! Ahhh how many of us do this eh? x

In my case that's a very conservative estimate. :blush: I have at least double that in Qvc mistakes alone! I'm a bit of a clothes hoarder so that's a good few years worth though.
I'm guilty of thinking 'Yes, I will wear this at some point...for some occasion.....when there's an R in the month etc, but I never quite find that right occasion and I can't bring myself to get rid of it just in case. (In case what I don't know ~ a nuclear holocaust maybe, where we all have to fashion houses out of cast-offs?)
I've learnt my lesson now though, I haven't been remotely tempted by their clothing for a long time and tbh I don't know why I ever was ~ It's pretty bogging really!!
For the record there is no Quacker factory or Indigo Moon in either my successful or unsuccessful purchases!

I think that's a conservative estimate too.

As for 22 outfits, that means each outfit costs only a little over a tenner???

Show me where you can get an outfit for a tenner please, certainly not on QVC, the P and P is that much for one item :giggle:

I think that's a conservative estimate too.

As for 22 outfits, that means each outfit costs only a little over a tenner???

Show me where you can get an outfit for a tenner please, certainly not on QVC, the P and P is that much for one item :giggle:

My thoughts exactly!! Have quite a lot of QVC fashion but I can't think of anything I don't wear. Now IW, well that's a different matter and as for that auction site....................:mysmilie_465:

Latest posts

Back