QVC you lose again.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They aren't a despicable company...they are paying what they are legally obliged to do! Moan at the government for allowing it to happen in the first place. Everything Amazon do is completely 100% legal. Would you pay more tax if you didn't have to?

I read a paper pack for 3 weeks off and on bit couldn't get into it. Amazon refunded the price and postage I got as I ordered first class and free returns. Think on Q.

They aren't a despicable company...they are paying what they are legally obliged to do! Moan at the government for allowing it to happen in the first place. Everything Amazon do is completely 100% legal. Would you pay more tax if you didn't have to?

Just immoral then! They find loop holes and pay people a lot of money to do so as they can afford to! Whatever way you want to wrap it up it is disgusting and yes hopefully the Government will close these loop holes past Governments have let go but I for one will not purchase from immoral companies I pay the correct amount of tax so should they to simplistic to say oh it's legal IMO!

Whichever way you chose to look at it, the fact of the matter is they are paying the correct amount of tax...that amount is defined by the current tax laws. Does that make them immoral? Not IMO, it makes then like the rest of us...paying what they are obliged to and no more.

Whichever way you chose to look at it, the fact of the matter is they are paying the correct amount of tax...that amount is defined by the current tax laws. Does that make them immoral? Not IMO, it makes then like the rest of us...paying what they are obliged to and no more.

What a shame you are actually wrong!! Enough said if you believe that I find it quite incredible! As for them being immoral that is most who actually understand the full facts believe so not immoral is most certainly your opinion!

So you are saying they must be breaking the law if I am wrong in saying they are not?

Oh and please elaborate on your last sentence...it doesn't make sense (to me at least)

Last edited:
That sentence didn't make any sense to me either!
The fact of the matter is these companies can afford to pay good accountants to ensure they pay the least tax possible. It may be morally wrong but it's certainly not illegal. As most of us are under PAYE there's not a lot we can do about the amount of tax we pay, but I bet if we could reduce our tax bill legally we would certainly take advantage of any loophole we could. You also can not get away from the fact that Amazon offer excellent customer service.

I recently ordered the Betula flip flops in my normal Birkenstick size - but they were much smaller - so had to go back. Total cost for Q's postage and my return - £8.30, never again!!!!!!
Mollymoo

You should have contacted them and asked for a prepaid label. I had a similar problem with some Markon shoes (ah, I miss them). I had bought lots of Markon items (boots, sandals) but the shoes I ordered in my normal size 4 were huge. I emailed them and they sent me the prepaid label and refunded me including the p&p.

You should have contacted them and asked for a prepaid label. I had a similar problem with some Markon shoes (ah, I miss them). I had bought lots of Markon items (boots, sandals) but the shoes I ordered in my normal size 4 were huge. I emailed them and they sent me the prepaid label and refunded me including the p&p.

I wondered if that Layla range was Markon under a different name as it was the same guest presenter and a pair of boots I bought had a very similar "feel" to them

I wondered if that Layla range was Markon under a different name as it was the same guest presenter and a pair of boots I bought had a very similar "feel" to them

I think you're right but I don't think any caught my eye. Also, weren't they much more expensive? Has Layla gone now too?

Last week, I bought two pairs of Birkenstock flip-flops that I liked the look of. It's now almost a week later and I still haven't received them, despite paying the P&P value worth a 48 hour service.

Yesterday I ordered several items from various online stores, including eBay. The whole lot has arrived this morning. I didn't pay P&P on any of them and the products have cost just under half of what I would have paid on QVC.

Come on Q, how much longer do you think you can get away with it?

I ordered this* nail varnish kit from Asos on 27 June, on sale + free delivery. Delivered at 9 a.m this morning :happy:

*http://www.asos.com/Ciat/Ciate-Cavi...&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Candy+shop

I ordered this* ring from last clicks on 25 June, on sale + £4.95 P&P. Still waiting :clock:

*http://www.qvcuk.com/Tacori-Epiphan...nity-Ring-Sterling-Silver.product.602681.html

:down:

Latest posts

Back