Retinol Advice Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lipstickqueen

Registered Shopper
I'm sure there has been discussion on Retinol on here before but I was unsuccessful doing a search. I have run out of Judith Williams Beauty Institute Retinol Serum and I am now considering trying M. Asam Retinol Intense Beauty Treatment Ampoules, I am planning to purchase one or the other this weekend when there's no P&P ! Can anyone recommend one over the other, the reviews are good for both. Thank you.

I'm sure there has been discussion on Retinol on here before but I was unsuccessful doing a search. I have run out of Judith Williams Beauty Institute Retinol Serum and I am now considering trying M. Asam Retinol Intense Beauty Treatment Ampoules, I am planning to purchase one or the other this weekend when there's no P&P ! Can anyone recommend one over the other, the reviews are good for both. Thank you.
I can’t help sorry I used an Alpha H TSV from while ago that had Retinol in the products didn’t really get on with them made my skin red, sore and peeling.
Would be interested in any answers to your post now though.

I have occasionally used retinol. The most important thing is to use an SPF cream the following day after using retinol. It didn’t make much difference to my skin so I went back to what I’d used before.

If you are using retinol and find your skin falls off, metaphorically speaking, you may benefit from using a good facial oil as an after step. I sometimes use argan oil and find it helps.

The best is Retin A, on prescription from GP. It needs patience however, as it takes time to work. Your skin eventually gets red and itchy and flakes off. You can't go out in the sun unless you wash it off first, or you will burn. It's magic, however, and is the best thing for preventing wrinkles, but you have to be prepared for some discomfort.

I don't use retinol as I am really fair and burn extremely easily. I use high SPF products but found that retinol used the night before sensitised my skin and I still burned the following day. I don't have a lot of skin problems. I get a very occasional rosacea outbreak on my chin and nose but not enough to need a cream. Silicone xauses my pores to get congested and it looks dull but I don't usually breaout. I did have a problem with an Alpha-H eye cream, don't know if that was retinol or not. My skin burned like hell, went red and eventually dry and flaky, get the lizzard look!

I have used the Asam ampoules and was too quick with them. Be aware that from the Asam Retinol Line, only the serum and the ampoules contain the "real" retinol. The point with retinol is, apart from making the skin more sensitive to the sun, that the effect will show "delayed". So when I used the ampoules, I didn't know that and used one per evening. Result: My skin burned and it took me several weeks to look as before, but my skin is sensitive and the ampoules every night were obviously too much. So when you are considering using the ampoules, just be careful. As it is already said, if your skin is not used to retinol, you are supposed to use it first once or twice a week and then increase the use step by step. On a side note, my skin also reacted to the retinol face cream and to the serum from Asam. So for me, no retinol.

Latest posts

Back