Ronni Nicole Hour tonight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Absolutely. I fail to see the point of the sizes not adhering to most industry-standard measurements for that size. The Ronnie Nicol's I saw the other night looked as though the size ten was equivalent to about a size eight (at maximum), and I suppose this prompted Jilly's comment about "more tailored". But what got me was that she only said it quickly, as a sort of throwaway comment - anyone not hearing it and ordering their usual size would probably need a shoe horn to get them into the dress when it arrived! It's totally unfair to customers to mislead them like this - why feature the 'flippin range at all if the measurements are all over the shop? Can't RN be told that to sell in the UK their sizings have to comply? OK, I know there can be some variation in different shops, but in my book that makes it even more important for telly presenters to stress the measurements - and show the chart more frequently on-screen, not just at the last minute, when they are giving the usual bleat about "85% now sold, get on the phone quickly" etc. etc. You need to know before you buy, not after.
:mysmilie_51:

Makes me laugh History when they say the sizes are generous, why make some of the "fashion" generous?! Just make them the size they're supposed to be. I mean, why tell people to size up or down?.............here's something, now I'm just throwing this out there (QVC I'm talking to you) but I'm going to go all radical now and say, why not make the eight an eight, the ten a ten, the twelve a twelve etc, that way people will actually buy the size that fits them and not have to guess............crazy I know! :mysmilie_14:

Last edited:
Absolutely. I fail to see the point of the sizes not adhering to most industry-standard measurements for that size. The Ronnie Nicol's I saw the other night looked as though the size ten was equivalent to about a size eight (at maximum), and I suppose this prompted Jilly's comment about "more tailored". But what got me was that she only said it quickly, as a sort of throwaway comment - anyone not hearing it and ordering their usual size would probably need a shoe horn to get them into the dress when it arrived! It's totally unfair to customers to mislead them like this - why feature the 'flippin range at all if the measurements are all over the shop? Can't RN be told that to sell in the UK their sizings have to comply? OK, I know there can be some variation in different shops, but in my book that makes it even more important for telly presenters to stress the measurements - and show the chart more frequently on-screen, not just at the last minute, when they are giving the usual bleat about "85% now sold, get on the phone quickly" etc. etc. You need to know before you buy, not after.
:mysmilie_51:

I agree History, well you know what they say, tens the new eight, twelves the new ten, fourteens the new twelve.................:mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back