Round Folding Storage Ottoman 06/03/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmmm... round ones are going to be awfully difficult to 'place' I think, square ones can be shoved into a corner or lined up against a chair/coffee table - round ones will look just .... odd and take up more room.

Hmmm... round ones are going to be awfully difficult to 'place' I think, square ones can be shoved into a corner or lined up against a chair/coffee table - round ones will look just .... odd and take up more room.

Exactly, plus you lose a lot of space inside a round storage thing as most things you want to put in it tend to be square or rectangular.

Exactly, plus you lose a lot of space inside a round storage thing as most things you want to put in it tend to be square or rectangular.

You have both just said exactly what I was thinking.
Two ways to make less space with one item!
Plus, I don't like the lid for some reason.

Y'know, having read comments on here for a number of years, and how we always say the "bl....ding obvious" (as above), I always think, if WE can suss out the problems or spot the negativities of an item, WHY cant the designers 'see' this before it goes into production ????

OR at least have a panel of potential users (huh, mainly women) to be in at the beginning of a design. How many times have we said "huh, it must have been designed by a man " (apologies to male forumites on here) when something is 'cackhanded'. In my area, Waitrose and the Co-op have ridiculously small unloading belts at the checkout, which are only large enough to accommodation 6 items, God help when you have a trolley load ! - sexist but I don't doubt a man designed it.

I don't think they really care. Plenty of oeople will buy on impulse or not give thought to what we have on here re the practicality if it. I suppose some people will just like it as it's round such are the vafaries of us all! I noticed poundland were selling these collapsible ottomans for £8 if you spent a tenner.

Heart-shaped? Oh pur-leeze...

Haven't hearts been done to death? Have been redecorating the smallest bedroom and have gone 'shabby chic' but don't like hearts, trying to find twee bedroom-y things that aren't heart-shaped is very difficult.

As for the ottomans - imho they look cheap and nasty :down:

£14.96 ??? er NO, get real its £21 - does it really cost £6 through the post ???

My thoughts exactly! Have no idea why QVC continue to apply these high P&P costs when so many other companies are happy to provide FREE delivery or at least charges far more reasonable. I know we have the 30 MBG with this supposedly No 1 Shopping Channel but it's time they realised their customers deserve better. I have been a customer since virtually day one but don't buy much at all these days because I feel they are being downright greedy with not only the charges for the product (despite their so called buying power!) but their outrageous P&P charges.

Heart-shaped? Oh pur-leeze...

Haven't hearts been done to death? Have been redecorating the smallest bedroom and have gone 'shabby chic' but don't like hearts, trying to find twee bedroom-y things that aren't heart-shaped is very difficult.

As for the ottomans - imho they look cheap and nasty :down:

Yes, I know what you mean, all the 'shabby chic' bits seem to come from the same warehouse whichever shop you look in, be it hearts, birdcages or daft wooden signs. Have you thought of having a wrought iron looking coat/hat stand in a corner ? I have one, and is perfect for hanging bags, scarves and hats on, and wall hooks (The Range) to hang necklaces on. So you can create your own 'shabby' style without all the hanging ornaments.

Akos has just remarke, in disbelief, that he doesn't know why it is not 60 or 80 pounds; perhaps because 1. it's not worth it and 2. no-one would buy it! simples.

Well I've watched the presentation of this TSV, and if possible, it's actually worse than I thought.

It just looks so 'cheap' if you ask me.
No way in this world are they worth £21.00 each IMO.

Latest posts

Back