Sad State Of Affairs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Surely some of this is down to QVC trying to make personalities of their presenters.
  • Blogs
  • XX years presenting on QVC anniversary shows
  • XXX presenter uses XXX
  • Features on some presenter's home/garden

I don't want to know anything about the presenters. I want to know about the products.

If I am watching QVC and happened to see something I am interested in, I will listen to the presentation by whoever, read what it says on the website and reviews if any then make my own choice.
If I get the item and it is wrong for me, that is down to me, not the presenter nor the review on the web as everything doesn't suit everyone, thankfully the 30 day guarantee is there.

I have never been swayed into buying something by listening to a presenter as although they some have experience of the product some won't and it is basically down to me making an informed decision and the buck stops with me.
Over the years I have only returned two items and they had a manufacturers fault.

piper

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's that simple Piper.

I've had foundations that were sold for porcelain pale nicole kidman skin that were tango orange on my fair skin...

I've had skincare sold as calming on sensitive skin which was full of well known sensitizing and irritant ingredients...

I've had a top that was shown worn low on the models hips as a dropped waist long top and the presenter said it could be worn that way but when I ...ahem... "got it home" you could only actually wear it that way if your hip measurement was the same size or smaller than your waist.... which I would guess that very few women's are :confused:

QVC must shoulder some responsibilty for situations like these. It's not down to me if all I did was believe what they said.

Kim Mendelson was at it today. "If we don't have your size go a size up or a size down" If I believed her and bought a smaller size in one of her stretchy designs I'd look as if I'd stuffed two beach balls and the rubber ring down my top! :eek:

Latest posts

Back