Sean and Hayley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nigel

Registered Shopper
Get rid of these two BOZOS and get Peter Simon on!! They are so cheesy!!

Think what you like about them but they are good and more importantly, professional. Peter Simon on the other hand is a rambling shambles
If only they would drop the over-exaggeration on how wonderful every item is.
The use of 'amazing', 'fantastic' and 'incredible' within the first 2 sentences of any item which Hayley, in particular, introduces is frankly absurd.

The few times I have switched over to them and dared her to say those words, I won each time.

If you want to play a drinking game, you'd be drunk very quickly, taking a drink each time you hear those words!

I wouldn’t buy anything from them!
Just as bad as the bid tv crew when on IW2,flounced off to another channel with bouncing bunny,and my name is Den that failed and ended up here.
No Thankyou 👎🏻

Not sure I would use that word in association with Shayley
Geez, I switched to ShoponTV last night, first time in a few days, after watching the snooker.

It was 'Shayley' doing Discount Dragon. Within the first sentence Hayley says 'we have some amazing offers for you tonight'...

Bullsh!t bingo again. Enough with the 'amazing, fabulous, fantastic' over-exaggerated hyperbole.

Does this style of language presentation really work? Are the viewers really buying this 'amazing, fantastic' product presentation?

Geez, I switched to ShoponTV last night, first time in a few days, after watching the snooker.

It was 'Shayley' doing Discount Dragon. Within the first sentence Hayley says 'we have some amazing offers for you tonight'...

Bullsh!t bingo again. Enough with the 'amazing, fabulous, fantastic' over-exaggerated hyperbole.

Does this style of language presentation really work? Are the viewers really buying this 'amazing, fantastic' product presentation?
It seems to be an old IW presenter thing, just listen to Masons of Mike, Rent a gob Jacks and Pedro Simon, Mark Ryes (who doesn't work for IW anymore) and Shona, they all do it.

It seems to be an old IW presenter thing, just listen to Masons of Mike, Rent a gob Jacks and Pedro Simon, Mark Ryes (who doesn't work for IW anymore) and Shona, they all do it.
But I'd say Hayley is the worst for this, from what I've seen. She often goes into a glassy-eyed, camera stare on intro and a stream of consciousness monologue on how whatever is being sold is amazing, fantastic, incredible. And within the first few minutes of any show and then throughout. She's a reasonable presenter but this B/S turns me right off.

I'd say MM and others don't do the exaggeration oversell quite as much and not use the amazing, fantastic type words too frequently.

And PS loves the 'extraordinary' word. Especially with watches. When they aren't!

Latest posts

Back