Silentnight TSV 22/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I certainly don’t want a mattress, set of pillows or a mattress topper for Christmas so that’s another day I can ignore the channel. I don’t need one of their pet beds either. 🙄

I had a Silentnight mattress a few years ago. Wasn’t impressed, the edges became soft and non-supportive within a couple of years despite being turned and rotated as instructed.

I even rolled out of bed in the middle of the night once because the mattress edge was so flimsy.

Got a cheaper one from Next which is fine.

My bed once tilted up at a steep angle and threw me onto the floor.

It turned out that it hadn't, but I'd had such a bad attack of vertigo that I THOUGHT it was tilting violently to the left, so I tried to save myself, and ended up throwing myself out of the bed on the right.

My bed once tilted up at a steep angle and threw me onto the floor.

It turned out that it hadn't, but I'd had such a bad attack of vertigo that I THOUGHT it was tilting violently to the left, so I tried to save myself, and ended up throwing myself out of the bed on the right.
Oh dear that’s not good.
Did you manage to get all the water drained?
That topper we got end up being taken off when daughter stayed and is stored away now. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Sounds terrible.
Did you get the waterbed emptied and rid of though?
Yes, it cost me £60 (but they had to travel about 60 miles round trip), then I gave the vinyl away to use as a garden pool liner.

But the bed had a superb wooden frame, so I am still using that with a mattress.

Yes, it cost me £60 (but they had to travel about 60 miles round trip), then I gave the vinyl away to use as a garden pool liner.

But the bed had a superb wooden frame, so I am still using that with a mattress.
I hadn’t realised the waterbed would be on a wooden frame great you have just been able to get a normal mattress in place of the water plus now no expense and bother of any upkeep required moving forwards.

I hadn’t realised the waterbed would be on a wooden frame great you have just been able to get a normal mattress in place of the water plus now no expense and bother of any upkeep required moving forwards.
It is a very strong frame with deep and thick wooden sides and ends to contain the outward water pressure. And it looks like it has 4 legs, one at each corner, which are part of a decorative headboard and footboard with knobs on (lol) , but these are just decorative, because if the four legs had to support the tons of weight they would go through the floor!

So in fact the legs do nothing, all the support structure for the weight and to spread the load over the floor is hidden underneath the bed, which means you can't store anything under it.

This is a bare frame, before all the decorative bits are added

Waterbed frame.jpg

Last edited:
This is the nearest I can find to mine so far, although mine is more ornate. It has knobs though! And those legs hardly touch the floor, they are just for show.

Waterbed frame bed.jpg

Last edited:
And this is even closer to mine. Not sure if anyone is interested, but I am lol ;)

BTW mine was made to order, the headboard is a bit higher, but the same shape and colour; as I am 6ft tall, the bed is 7 ft long so a standard 6ft6in mattress is not long enough.

The dark interior is the vinyl LINER, fully watertight, just in case the water mattress springs a leak.

Waterbed frame like mine almost.jpg

Last edited:
And this is the supposed advantage of a water bed, it forms exactly around you and gives 100% support with no pressure points. I almost feel like getting another one now!

And it is at a constant warmth, so warms you if you are cold, and cools you if you are hot.

Waterbed frame posture.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a similar topper from Magniflex and it's great. I paid £110 for mine though, I think they are a lot cheaper now.

CC

I got my Silentnight mattress topper from Amazon and it was cheaper than the one that was on QVC at the time.

Silentnight Airmax Anti Allergen Bundle with Topper, 2 Pillows & 10.5 Tog Duvet
Item Number: 816608
P&P £2.95

Single QVC Price £99.00 Todays Special Value Price £60.00

Double QVC Price £120.00 Todays Special Value Price £72.00

Single QVC Price £126.00 Todays Special Value Price £78.00

Single QVC Price £132.00 Todays Special Value Price £84.00

If you're not sleeping well, it might be time to stop counting sheep and give your bed a total refresh with this complete set from Silentnight. Get ready for supreme comfort with this Airmax Anti-Allergen bundle including a mattress topper, two Super Support pillows and a 10.5 tog duvet, all specially designed to create the most comfortable sleeping environment and make sure you get your best sleep ever.
*A great saving: If you were to buy the items in this Silentnight Airmax Anti Allergen Bundle individually, directly from Silentnight.co.uk you’d pay for the Single £108, Double £123, King £136, and Super King £147. So for our Today's Special Value price for the Single £60 plus P&P, you’re saving £45.05, for the Double £72 plus P&P, you’re saving £48.05, for the King £78 plus P&P, you’re saving £55.05 and for the Super King £84 plus P&P, you’re saving £60.05.
Delivered directly from Silentnight - please allow 5 - 7 working days for delivery to UK mainland only.
Pillow perfection - Airmax technology boasts a ventilated foam core, which works with the surrounding hollowfibre in these Super Support pillows to provide firm support that's ideal for side-sleepers. Plus it promotes increased air flow to circulate freely around your head and keep you cool throughout the night. It's breathability and support in one, combined to give you the deep sleep you deserve.
Snuggle up - this 10.5 tog Airmax duvet is ideal for chilly nights, with a pocket of air between its layers providing extra insulation and softness, it also helps to provide more warmth with less weight. Special channel stitching holds the filling in place and prevents cold spots too, so you'll feel extra toasty in bed.
Top it off - breathe new life into your mattress by adding an extra 8cm of cushioned comfort with the Airmax Anti-Allergen Mattress Topper. It features dual construction which allows air to move freely in between the layers and Air Mesh sides which help the air to move freely around your body to keep you comfortable in every season. Deeply filled with hollowfibre and with elasticated straps for a secure fit, this superb topper provides ultimate comfort and will help to refresh and rejuvenate any mattress.
Guarantee - Silentnight offer a two-year guarantee on this set. For more information please see the attached PDF.
Silentnight technologies:

Airmax - provides breathability, with mesh sides that allow warm air to escape for a fresh and comfortable sleeping environment.
Anti-allergen - contains anti-allergen fibres that are specially treated to help combat the build-up of bacteria and dust mites, working to keep bedding feeling fresh.
Hollowfibre - a synthetic filling designed to be durable and long lasting as well as soft and comfortable.
  • Fill weight: duvet - 10.5 tog; mattress topper - 500g; pillow - 650g
  • Duvet, pillow and topper fill: 100% polyester hollowfibre Anti-Allergy
  • Fabric weight: duvet and pillow - 85gsm; topper - 75gsm
  • Machine washable at 40C
What's in the box?
  • 1 x Airmax Anti-Allergen Mattress Topper
  • 1 x 10.5 tog Airmax Duvet
  • 2 x Airmax Super Support Pillows
Measurements:
Topper:
  • Single: 190cm x 91cm (76" x 35.4")
  • Double: 190cm x 137cm (76" x 53.9")
  • King: 200cm x 152cm (80" x 60.2")
  • Super King 203cm x 183cm (80" x 72")
Duvet:
  • Single: 135cm x 200cm (53" x 79")
  • Double: 200cm x 200cm (79" x 79")
  • King: 225cm x 220cm (90.6"x 87")
  • Super King: 260cm x 220cm (102" x 87")
  • Pillows: 74cm x 48cm x 10cm (29.1" x 18.9" x 3.9")
The price above will initially display the lowest and highest priced options. The price for your choice will be shown once you select your preferred option.
All measurements are approximate

Latest posts

Back