Sob! my clarisonic is a dud!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Laura L'occitane Earle

Registered Shopper
Used it for the first time yesterday for almost three minutes, and then again this morning for two minutes. My face was a bit softer but no wow factor. Then read jabba's comment in the other Clarisonic thread about her MIA not oscilating, and Donna's comment about putting it in a bowl of water and checking if the water swirled. In short, did this and got nothing but a slight fizzing.

Thought it would be worth starting a new thread so any Clarisonic virgins (like me!) Can check their Mias and ensure that they are actually working.

Right, off to phone CS and have a little moan.

Last edited:
Try it on the surface of the water rather than submerging it. You should see a fair amount of water flying around on the surface if it is good.

I don't believe this. Reading this and the other thread made me go to check on my Clarisonic Plus which I bought last December.

I tested it over a bowl of water and nothing. A slight fizzing. It has a brand new deep pore brush on it which arrived this week. Looking at it closely, the outer white brush is not moving at all. What am I going to do now? I always said it had done nothing for my skin, maybe it never worked properly in the first place. I might send an email to clarisonic. They don't deliver to ROI, but maybe they might help with faults. The problem being that it is 8 months old.

You can't see the outer white bit move Itchy

The water surface doesnt even move with my Mia it does fizz with my Clarisonic, so fizzing should be good.

You can feel the vibration if you hold it on the back of your hand

Last edited:
I don't believe this. Reading this and the other thread made me go to check on my Clarisonic Plus which I bought last December.

I tested it over a bowl of water and nothing. A slight fizzing. It has a brand new deep pore brush on it which arrived this week. Looking at it closely, the outer white brush is not moving at all. What am I going to do now? I always said it had done nothing for my skin, maybe it never worked properly in the first place. I might send an email to clarisonic. They don't deliver to ROI, but maybe they might help with faults. The problem being that it is 8 months old.

I seem to remember when I had the Clarisonic plus (which I returned because it was too harsh on my face) that only the inner brush oscilates. The outer brush is static.

Having read the thread, i duly went off and tested my Clarisonic, and the water doesn't move when i put it just in the top. When i tried it with my sonic toothbrush, the water was definately more active! I've always wondered if it was doing much, as the middle only vibrates a little, i knew the outside didn't move. It is 18 months old, but does have a two year guarantee, so i have emailed Clarisonic, hoping to get a reply on Monday. Maybe, in the meantime, i should use my toothbrush, as it does seem more lively!! :happy:

If it's working properly you can feel it on your skin. No need for the water test.
Yes I can definitely feel that my Clarisonic works particularly when I'm holding it against the skin under my lower lip. It's quite an odd sensation when you first use it.

Off to check mine now. If its electrical you can return if faulty for up to 12 months, so ring CS.

I can feel mine work against my skin but to be honest its not making much impact in the water??

Mine has no impact in the water whatsoever. Got mine on 1st June. The demo clearly shows the effect it is meant to have in water. Phoned CS, they are collecting it and will replace or refund even with some heads missing due to use. I am going for a replacement for the time being. There is a huge difference between brushes that rotate and those that produce a sonic pulse. So I am going by the water test.

Put it against the side of your nose you will soon find out if it working.

I know what you mean Lilo Lil :nod:

The Clarisonic is on a low setting when you receive it, so this may account for the lack of 'spray' when you do the water test. Try increasing the setting and see if that gives you the desired results when you do the test :happy:

:sun:

I am really confused. Mine produces a slight fuzz in the water but looks like it is only vibrating, not oscillating. However, having used it several times, for 2-3 minutes at a time, my skin is noticeably softer and brigjter, and smoother on the forehead. I am only using it at night.
CS have said they will send me a return label and I will get return.
My question to experienced users is, should the water be fizzing or swirling in the test?

Latest posts

Back