T-Caller

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

you can move straight to minute 31, as Marina mentioned,
move the bar with the time elapsed showing at bottom forward,
either with mouse if on computer
or finger on tablet

Thanks! Just watched it, the chequers in the post. :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

I don't think there is anything smug about admitting to being financially sound. In fact the lady may be comfortably off due to the loss of a spouse - as I became when my husband died - does that make me smug ? we don't know or wish to know her circumstances, but it was ever thus in life that there will always be the haves and have nots, and in most cases there is sod all we can do about it !

I've never liked listening to telephone callers, due to their gushing and praise all manner, - I rang in once, to ask the designer of Indigo Moon to put pockets on her jackets- it never happened. But not being a twatter or facebooker, Q should not consider texting a prehistoric activity as some of us still use it !

Me too! I'd have loved to see one of the presenters outclassed by a phone-in viewer - how the heck did the lady get through the Q barricades? Usually, they'd allow her one minute and then, when it became obvious where the conversation was going, it would probably be "oh dear, we seem to have lost Freda from Glasgow" or somesuch tripe.
I only channel hop now and again for a minute but I'd have paid good money, and lots of it, to see that :mysmilie_15:

I don't think there is anything smug about admitting to being financially sound. In fact the lady may be comfortably off due to the loss of a spouse - as I became when my husband died - does that make me smug ? we don't know or wish to know her circumstances, but it was ever thus in life that there will always be the haves and have nots, and in most cases there is sod all we can do about it !

I've never liked listening to telephone callers, due to their gushing and praise all manner, - I rang in once, to ask the designer of Indigo Moon to put pockets on her jackets- it never happened. But not being a twatter or facebooker, Q should not consider texting a prehistoric activity as some of us still use it !

I agree Brissles. All Mrs Mitchell was doing was attesting to her perceived value of the product in relation to the more expensive ones she can afford. She sounded like quite a nice lady with an interesting history. Far from being a moribund woman at death's door, she is a former model who, now in the twilight of her life, still cares about her appearance. She sounded slightly "old school," but I like that. As I've said on here before the T-callers are interesting. Their voices add the colour and authenticity that are often all too lacking in boring old tweets. I liked how she mentioned about how "having someone with a slower speaking voice" talking about the product. What she said spoke volumes in making a stand over everything QVC has become today. She left a gasping Jill Franks plenty of time to regain her breath while no doubt having a producer screeching in her ear to curtail the call. Franks did look under a lot of pressure. On a couple of occasions there was a brief flicker of desperation on her etched face.

Last edited:
Me too! I'd have loved to see one of the presenters outclassed by a phone-in viewer - how the heck did the lady get through the Q barricades? Usually, they'd allow her one minute and then, when it became obvious where the conversation was going, it would probably be "oh dear, we seem to have lost Freda from Glasgow" or somesuch tripe.

It's funny isn't it when they just cut them off and the presenter goes "thank you Mavis, thanks for ringing in" well of cours Mavis has all ready been cut off because she's got too close for comfort. :mysmilie_17:

I watched it just now and think that the telephone caller, Mrs Mitchell, came across as a really nice lady. She wasn't aggressive or nasty, she just wanted to talk about her experience with the product. Jill Franks's face was a picture, though. There were a couple of times when it made me actually laugh out loud.

i found her to be one of the best t callers on qvc and i have been watching from day one. she actually could articulate better than some of the presenters and had obviously had an interesting colourful life. she made me want to try the product and i dont even need it

I agree, I do see the irony in someone complaining that a caller would state she's financially stable in this bleak, economic doom and gloom, yet the complainer shops on an expensive shopping channel that sells face creams, lotions and potions costing hundreds, and bags costing in the region of £500, pies that cost the equivalent of a small families monthly shopping bill, yet somehow the caller is wrong for saying she's financially stable, yet QVC aren't for their obscene opulence, go figure.

:mysmilie_59:Anyone that can stop the JF patronizing waffle gets a :mysmilie_59: from me

I am surprised they did not cut her off!

T-callers will be on a time delay to prevent anything libellous, racially inflammatory etc being broadcast, so if Q didn't stop it they obviously weren't bothered by it.

It's the customer panel lot that I hate, of course they are going to gush over the product. I want one of them to say it wasn't up to much, but we know that's never going to happen....or is it? :wink:

It's the customer panel lot that I hate, of course they are going to gush over the product. I want one of them to say it wasn't up to much, but we know that's never going to happen....or is it? :wink:

I've just read elsewhere that they aren't allowed to post anything negative. They want to keep getting the freebies so will only post what QVC want to hear or what Q will allow to be posted.

It's the same as asking Tiffany etc. in the studio for their opinion. As if they are going to denigrate anything. Useless time wasting.

I thought she was great, that's why I wanted to mention it here :) The way she spoke and was completely in charge of the call leads me to think she would actually make a good presenter. She's like that naturally, not because she's been to the QVC School of Hard Business. It's more how IW come across - much more relaxed and fun and they don't leave you with that feeling of breathlessness as though someone sucked all the oxygen out of the room.

I reckon someone was asleep, and had to be woken up to pull the plug. It sounds as though the lady went on for longer than I would have thought Q would normally tolerate for anything that's not fawning and worshipping Q. :mysmilie_467:
I am surprised they did not cut her off!

I reckon someone was asleep, and had to be woken up to pull the plug. It sounds as though the lady went on for longer than I would have thought Q would normally tolerate for anything that's not fawning and worshipping Q. :mysmilie_467:

I had a feeling that the situation was out of hand for a minute or so, technical problems perhaps? Jill twitched a couple of times if someone were shouting in her ear, not mentioning her face as she lost control over her expression.

i found her to be one of the best t callers on qvc and i have been watching from day one. she actually could articulate better than some of the presenters and had obviously had an interesting colourful life. she made me want to try the product and i dont even need it

She made me want to try it too, Boffy. But I just brought the Aldi Lacuru grape day and night creams and the body lotion all for under £10 in total so will give them a go first.

It's still possible to watch the T caller by scrolling back through the show to that Friday evening M.Asam show and watching from 31 mins onwards, She sounds just like my Aunty Dorothy, a stylish 88 year old Harrogate lady wot lunches.

I've liked the M.Asam range that I've tried, but some products are scented. A lovely scent in the body products (the 750ml shower gel is on my wish list) but I don't get along with scents on my face iykwim. Their Magic Finish up is better that Judith Williams Magic Make Up on my skin, yet they appear identical. I wish QVC would allow them to sell it in the UK as I'm down to my last stock-piled pot. Apparently Q don't want a 3rd product along the same lines as the JW one and the Flora Mare "Tinted".

Latest posts

Back