Thank goodness for sunlight!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But that is the thing, foundation on its own does not give colour but suppose to match your skin. Its blush or bronzer that gives the colour. People think they look too pale or washed out when match to their true skin shade.

Yes I was just about to say the same, your foundation should match what your skin colour is - not what you want your skin colour to be. Blusher and/or bronzer add the warmth. I think people really underestimate the difference blusher can make.

Ali Young was put in a slightly darker BM foundation for one of their shows and she said she was going for a warmer look. She didn't look warmer, she just looked like she was wearing a foundation that was too dark for her. Why do women think this looks good? It stands out like a sore thumb. (Ali Young is a bad example I know, as her make up generally looks terrible, but I couldn't think of anyone else as an example)

Since being so disappointed with the changes in shade to my beloved balance n brighten I've been on a serious high street hunt for a replacement with surprising results. I have never got on with liquid foundations, after an hour they pool into my pores and make me look like a butter ball. I don't want full coverage, preferring to use primers, concealer and highlighter with a light to medium coverage foundation - so much effort to look like no effort has been made! I think I have found my new solution which is no7's bb cream followed by their mineral powder. This is a real surprise because the bb cream has just 2 colour choices and the mineral powder only comes in one shade but they really work! The bb cream is a delight to use, easy to spread and doesn't settle in pores and a light application of the powder gives a lovely polished but fresh finish. It does involve an extra product but I can live with that.

On the subject of shades, I think that AK and JR look sooo much better with their winter colouring. Julia is really pale now and her foundation matches her skin tone exactly and suits her so well. Someone tweeted to ask if it was a qvc foundation and she just said no!

I stopped wearing blusher for quite a long time, a Lancome one I had used for years was discontinued. I just couldn't find a new one that was anywhere near as good, all too pink, too orange or too brownish. I got used to no blusher though and it was okay really. Then I came across one at the Clarins counter, tried it on and it was lovely. I was surprised at how much better I looked with just that light application of blusher, not too strong or bright, not too obvious, but what a difference it made.
My foundation shade is perfect for me, but that blusher was just the lift it needed.

Latest posts

Back