The gnome's back...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I see Richard Jackson keeps popping up more and more - infiltrating the gardening shows of others, is he wanting his own show back ?

He was flogging his own brand moss killer for lawns, and waxing lyrical about it. I know moss is loathed by ardent gardeners, and this interested me (I'm no gardener), because on holiday in Japan, gardens with lawned areas are a rarity. In fact, their fabulous Japanese gardens and parks are made up of moss ! which I found fascinating. At the time I thought this was great, as you could have a wonderful garden which was utterly low maintenance with no grass to cut.

I see Richard Jackson keeps popping up more and more - infiltrating the gardening shows of others, is he wanting his own show back ?

He was flogging his own brand moss killer for lawns, and waxing lyrical about it. I know moss is loathed by ardent gardeners, and this interested me (I'm no gardener), because on holiday in Japan, gardens with lawned areas are a rarity. In fact, their fabulous Japanese gardens and parks are made up of moss ! which I found fascinating. At the time I thought this was great, as you could have a wonderful garden which was utterly low maintenance with no grass to cut.
I've got moss on stones and pavers in my garden, but it's seasonal.

Garden centres are shut around here. I confess to buying some bright blue penstemons that Plants 2 Gardens had on the other day. I have to say I've also got my eye on that hanging chair but I can't afford it so I'm just looking.

I don't mind RJ being back on the gardening shows but I'm thinking maybe his go it alone venture hasn't gone as well as he'd hoped.

CC

I bought that chair 2 years ago and it’s one of the best things I’ve ever bought especially as it folds down for winter storage. It does have quite a wide span base on the metal structure so it needs a good area of solid even ground.

Did you think his voice sounded a bit, well funny? Not exactly 'gravelly', but about an octave lower and a bit scratchy. It might just be him getting over a cold or something, but I thought he sounded and looked a lot older and greyer.

Perhaps Mrs Gnome needs to put a scoop of Flower Power in his tea!

It will be Flower Power all the way.I have just been into a local garden centre this morning and they are clearly restocking and getting ready for the Spring. I had the place to myself, got good advice and the product I needed.Why anyone buys from QVC is beyond me.
B&M aisles stocked with garden products galore now.

Garden centres are shut around here. I confess to buying some bright blue penstemons that Plants 2 Gardens had on the other day. I have to say I've also got my eye on that hanging chair but I can't afford it so I'm just looking.

I don't mind RJ being back on the gardening shows but I'm thinking maybe his go it alone venture hasn't gone as well as he'd hoped.

CC
B&M single £175 double £275. Shaped like an egg with cushion.

I'll start saving and if they've still got it in the summer I'll get one. I won't hold out too much hope though as last year I couldn't even buy a deck chair to sit in. Everything was sold out everywhere.

CC

I bought that chair 2 years ago and it’s one of the best things I’ve ever bought especially as it folds down for winter storage. It does have quite a wide span base on the metal structure so it needs a good area of solid even ground.
I have had that chair for two years too. Love it and probably one of the best things I have bought on QVC. Wish I could find a cover for it so I can leave the cushions out in the rain - Amazon sells them but the rain came through

I bought a cover can’t remember where must have been either B&q or Dobbies but I couldn’t really say if it’s totally waterproof as I only have the chair out during the summer the rest of the time I have it in a storage shed folded and slotted in. There are ones on tinternet but some are nearly as dear as the chair with no guarantee they would be any good.

Talking of storage sheds the one I use is that plastic one that HomeBase and B&Q sell, various sizes and shapes often used to store bins and whilst they were a bugger to put up they have turned out to be worth their weight in gold so much so we bought a second one. I’m not sure how they would stand up to daily opening and closing but we keep the chair seat, BBQ, small folding patio set, and loads of other bits and in the past 3 winters they have been waterproof and as it’s mostly summer stuff it keeps the wooden garden shed from getting so full you can’t get in the door.

I think storage is the biggest problem for most people , all these bits and pieces are all very well but you need somewhere to put it. I would really need a second house for all my junk.

I have a good friend that used to be a B&M branch manager.

He told me that many of the branded names that B&M sell are not made by the brand they have just sold the right to use the name.

He advised caution and that if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is...he did say though that there are bargains to be had.

Latest posts

Back