"The shopping channel bubble!"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard some wild claims but I think Tania on Price Drop just made one of the more exotic ones.

They are selling an item called Hair Secret that people with thinning hair can use to disguise their scalp (there's one called Millionhair that is often advertised) and she said 'when you see people with thinning hair you need to record it in your mind for posterity because in 5 years time I do not believe that ANYBODY will be seen with thinning hair, EVERYBODY will be using this'. Wow.

And then the cheapskates ran the demo video that featured Paul Becque using it!

Last edited:
Yes he's now on ideal world paul becque.I wonder if he gets a pay check for this old vt ?

Yes he's now on ideal world paul becque.I wonder if he gets a pay check for this old vt ?

In fairness it did only show the back of his head but it was unmistakably him, I remember him showing it on his shows. The other day they were using VT featuring Nicola George.

Paul Woss will be on next!

Birkett is selling an electric Pressure Cooker. He claimed that a Brisket of Beef takes between 14-16 hours in a conventional oven to ensure it is tender but you get the same results with the pressure cooker in 30 minutes. I am no expert but having just looked at recipes by Jamie, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and the venerable Delia none of them say anything of the sort, 4-5 hours is the longest and that's for a 1kg joint.

And he is supposed to be a Chef.

Last edited:
Birkett is selling an electric Pressure Cooker. He claimed that a Brisket of Beef takes between 14-16 hours in a conventional oven to ensure it is tender but you get the same results with the pressure cooker in 30 minutes. I am no expert but having just looked at recipes by Jamie, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and the venerable Delia none of them say anything of the sort, 4-5 hours is the longest and that's for a 1kg joint.

And he is supposed to be a Chef.

Clearly he was talking 'bull' and not 'beef' lol

Caroline Lyndsay, who I notice is wearing yellow despite saying many times she never wears yellow (particularly when selling other coloured clothing) is selling the Melody Door Bell that sounds like a 1980's Slot Machine.

She says 'verrrry upmarket'.

Behave yourself Caz.

I notice they are now describing the delightful Rosa Benini Handbags as 'irregular patch'.

Spot on :giggle:

Hey guys, if you're in the market for a distinctive talking point for your gardens you might wish to consider these Hand Painted Boot Planters. These are sure to brighten up your outside spaces. Tasteful too.

boot.jpg

Hey guys, if you're in the market for a distinctive talking point for your gardens you might wish to consider these Hand Painted Boot Planters. These are sure to brighten up your outside spaces. Tasteful too.

View attachment 9199

I think these are OK and seem popular on their ebay store, a set sold for £16.23 with 19 bids, I didn't bid but if they were cheaper I might be tempted

I think these are OK and seem popular on their ebay store, a set sold for £16.23 with 19 bids, I didn't bid but if they were cheaper I might be tempted

I think the picture does them a favour, it's only my opinion of course but in the studio they looked a bit ropey to me. Horses for courses I guess!

They have another make up set coming up at 5.30 by L'Oreal for £20 so another big brand on Bid.

I think the picture does them a favour, it's only my opinion of course but in the studio they looked a bit ropey to me. Horses for courses I guess!

They have another make up set coming up at 5.30 by L'Oreal for £20 so another big brand on Bid.

Just added them all up individually on Amazon and the lot comes to approx £23.20

Just added them all up individually on Amazon and the lot comes to approx £23.20

Quite Momma. I know that the designer Bijan has a rich heritage and that they have a boutique in Beverly Hills but that dosen't mean too much with off the shelf items like fragrances.

Take Pierre Cardin for example, I know of its history in couture but you can also buy Cardin branded goods like 10 packs of polyester mix socks and cheapo jewellery (in fact Bid has sold it) which is complete tatt, and it's priced accordingly.

Nobody but nobody is telling me that Bijan Fragrances are top drawer when nowhere of note sells it in the UK, and it can be picked up for a fiver on Amazon! But i'll give Bid fair warning, they need to cut out the exaggeration of what it's worth (i'll rephrase that, Dirty Peter needs to cut it out!). They may well be nice fragrances but it simply cannot be considered to be worth over £30 when it's widely, and I mean widely available for less than a tenner!.

Last edited:
£12.49 (£22) and only about 10 sold

Hopefully people are getting past the crap that has been spoken about the value of these products. I must stress i'm not slagging off the product which would be stupid as I have never tried them (in fact I hadn't even heard of them!), my only gripe is the lack of evidence to back up they are so high end they are worth anywhere near £35 plus costs.

Peter Sherlock just said it's not his job to make us buy, the mind boggles.

And well done Andy Murray, what a champ!

Last edited:
Hopefully people are getting past the crap that has been spoken about the value of these products. I must stress i'm not slagging off the product which would be stupid as I have never tried them (in fact I hadn't even heard of them!), my only gripe is the lack of evidence to back up they are so high end they are worth anywhere near £35 plus costs.

Peter Sherlock just said it's not his job to make us buy, the mind boggles.

And well done Andy Murray, what a champ!

Well that's just as well cos we're not :giggle:

Well that's just as well cos we're not :giggle:

He just referred to Lisa Brash as Dockyard Doris! I must say they are both good sports with a great sense of humour, if only they were all the same!

It's funny that I have only just noticed something about Mark Ryes this weekend. As annoying as he is he seems a competent presenter when he is on his own talking to camera but he seems terribly awkward when he has to speak to others, he just dosen't seem able to have any kind of natural rapport.

And jeez he can be prickly and almost condescending with the assistants. He was selling the shredder and leading into the sale the assistant (Tania) said something about him being horrible with some CD's and paper and he almost snapped and said 'that's the idea with a shredder'. It guess it was a daft thing for Tania to say but his reaction was well over the top.

Last edited:
He just referred to Lisa Brash as Dockyard Doris! I must say they are both good sports with a great sense of humour, if only they were all the same!

It's funny that I have only just noticed something about Mark Ryes this weekend. As annoying as he is he seems a competent presenter when he is on his own talking to camera but he seems terribly awkward when he has to speak to others, he just dosen't seem able to have any kind of natural rapport.

And jeez he can be prickly and almost condescending with the assistants.

I've noticed with Mark Ryes that his smile soon disappears when he thinks the camera's gone off him

Peter just said 'buy three things and get a £10 credit, well that's easy enough to do isn't it?'........but Peter you have to spend at least £30 and that's just on the postage and phonecalls

I've noticed with Mark Ryes that his smile soon disappears when he thinks the camera's gone off him

Peter just said 'buy three things and get a £10 credit, well that's easy enough to do isn't it?'........but Peter you have to spend at least £30 and that's just on the postage and phonecalls

He is very serious, that clip of him snapping at the Producer on Valentines Day about not everyone having a partner was hilarious. When he made a mess with the shredder he dumped the paper and shouted to Tania that she needs to tidy it up. If Steve Mc said that jokingly to Yolisa it would be funny because she'd no doubt tell him to do one but coming from that little runt with his total lack of charm and humour it just sounded patronising. She didn't reply anyway, there was a deathly silence. I cant help but think that Ryes isn't the most popular member of the team.

I have bought 18 products today Momma so I look forward to my 'free' credit ha ha.

Last edited:
He is very serious, that clip of him snapping at the Producer on Valentines Day about not everyone having a partner was hilarious.

I have bought 18 products today Momma so I look forward to my 'free' credit ha ha.

18? Do you get 6 credits then? :clapping:

It's just so easy to get carried away and spend, spend, spend isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back