To Sean( and IW)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ryan

Registered Shopper
For Sean Ryan
Don't go on television and say things like it's going to be -15 next week apparantly" Using scare tactics to sell something is a cheap and desperate ploy and not appreciated.Got it? Where did you hear that forecast?.Is it for the outer Hebridies? London,The North,Plymouth? Where? I checked the Uk forecast for next week in my area and although it's going to be cold ,they forecast nothing like -15.so get your facts straiight or keep your gob shut.You always do it .You say how scorching the summer will be to sell something, followed by the word ..."APPARANTLY".I;ve heard you do it many times and I had to say something.If you have to rely on fear to sell a product , then it's time for you to change professions.IW are equally as guilty for allowing this .

My first thought was that the viewers would have frozen to death by the time Ideal World got off their backsides and despatched the blooming things. (Tbh, I used a slightly stronger word.)

To be honest I have to agree. When I was extremely bad with severe anxiety disorder, the idea of a baking hot day coming up would have me so totally fearful right up until it happened or didnt happen. I remember very well those days where "apparently" 58 degree days were coming up, just to sell a ****** fan :( Well, I hope they managed to shift some fans, cos I was left rigid with fear for days thanks to that little gem :( They should really be a little tighter with the old claims I think, as they say, television is the most powerful medium out there....

To be honest I have to agree. When I was extremely bad with severe anxiety disorder, the idea of a baking hot day coming up would have me so totally fearful right up until it happened or didnt happen. I remember very well those days where "apparently" 58 degree days were coming up, just to sell a ****** fan :( Well, I hope they managed to shift some fans, cos I was left rigid with fear for days thanks to that little gem :( They should really be a little tighter with the old claims I think, as they say, television is the most powerful medium out there....

I couldn't agree more. I'm suffering badly with anxiety at the minute, the idea of extremes of temperature make me very fearful (but then again everything is at the moment) as do comments like this. I don't watch much IW anymore, but really Sean saying that was just stupid, anyone could watch the weather forecast on the TV/Online etc and find out what's really happening in their area.

I think that lots of people are anxious these days ,to one degree or another,and what he said was just a downright lie, said in passing,and designed to hopefully to stir up sales..and not even sales for the main product ( the mattress ) but the give away winter duvet.Thats laughable.
I just think it's the height of dishonestly and desperation when they have to resort to scare tactics to shift a product. Saying that the forcast is calling for -15 could cause even the most laid back person top have cause for concern so don't feel too bad.

For Sean Ryan
Don't go on television and say things like it's going to be -15 next week apparantly" Using scare tactics to sell something is a cheap and desperate ploy and not appreciated.Got it? Where did you hear that forecast?.Is it for the outer Hebridies? London,The North,Plymouth? Where? I checked the Uk forecast for next week in my area and although it's going to be cold ,they forecast nothing like -15.so get your facts straiight or keep your gob shut.You always do it .You say how scorching the summer will be to sell something, followed by the word ..."APPARANTLY".I;ve heard you do it many times and I had to say something.If you have to rely on fear to sell a product , then it's time for you to change professions.IW are equally as guilty for allowing this .

To be fair 'newspapers' like the Daily Mail are often spouting off stuff like this as well.

Just switched over to ideal.world during the xtra factor break and he was saying it again (don't know if its a repeat) whilst selling a tablet. Saying its going to be -15 but will feel like -30 with the wind chill!

Latest posts

Back