Tova 4 Piece Fragrance Wardrobe Try Me Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Must admit that`s a pretty good price for 4 x 30ml perfumes. Sadly I`ve tried Tova`s perfumes before and can`t say I like them. Good offer for someone who does like them though or for a Christmas gift.

Are these perfumes any good? Since December is approaching faster than a fast thing and I loathe crowded shops, my attention is turning to pressies for the social worker, moat cleaner, lady in the newsagent's etc etc.

I bought the Jane Packer "selection box" last Christmas - split them up and gave them with some festive chocs from TKMaxx - but I never really found what anyone thought.

I've wondered about these too. I like to find 'cheaper' nice smells for work, saving the Chanel for frivolous outings! ;)

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

They work out at £6 a bottle including the p and p and for 30ml that`s a good price. The reviews are mixed about them but the Mind and Spirit fragrance seems to come out on top. Basically you won`t know til you`ve tried them and just steal a tiny squirt out of each, keep the one or ones you like then give the others at Christmas gifts. Perfume is so subjective it`s hard to say who will or won`t like them but whenever I`ve received perfumes from people I`ve always been happy to try something different even if I disliked it and then used it as air freshener !

Are these perfumes any good? Since December is approaching faster than a fast thing and I loathe crowded shops, my attention is turning to pressies for the social worker, moat cleaner, lady in the newsagent's etc etc.

I bought the Jane Packer "selection box" last Christmas - split them up and gave them with some festive chocs from TKMaxx - but I never really found what anyone thought.

Perfume is such a subjective thing - I tried them once, years & years ago.....yep, the usual, once was enough! Smelt like gone off household something or other, really cheap & nasty......sent them straight back! I think one was in a black bottle, that was particularly rank! :puke:

I wouldn't fret over gifts for random rellies & odds & s*ds recipients, whilst there's still Lindor in the world, that'll do fine for the social worker, moat cleaner, lady in the newsagents et al! :up:
(Just seen on the Lindt site, there's a 'pick & mix' option....nom nom nom! LOL)

Well I like both the signatures, the nights one is okay, and not tried the 4th, so I think this is an ok deal - the bottles do look prettty, and the smells don't give me migraines like some!

My favourite is the signature fragrance. BMS my least preferred but I would use it. I'm considering buying this, a great price - £20.95 for 120ml compared to just over £30 for 100ml of the signature plus a small handbag spray. And you're not restricting yourself to just the one variety.

Perfume is such a subjective thing - I tried them once, years & years ago.....yep, the usual, once was enough! Smelt like gone off household something or other, really cheap & nasty......sent them straight back! I think one was in a black bottle, that was particularly rank! :puke:

I wouldn't fret over gifts for random rellies & odds & s*ds recipients, whilst there's still Lindor in the world, that'll do fine for the social worker, moat cleaner, lady in the newsagents et al! :up:
(Just seen on the Lindt site, there's a 'pick & mix' option....nom nom nom! LOL)

Hotfooted it to the site and they do peanut butter lindors? Thank you so much!!!! nom nom nom indeed!!!

I like the original signature and nights, BMS is quite a sweet apricot scent. The signature and nights don't give me a migraine whereas many others do. I have had people ask me what I'm wearing (in a positive way) when I wear Nights. Because I rarely wear perfume I'm still using a bottle of nights bought about 7-8 years ago and it's still smells the same. I can't comment on the new formulations which are much criticised....if you have any old formulation bottles lurking in a cupboard I'd advise putting them on ebay even helf empty they command a good price. If you have any Tova.calm products..even a single bath cube they sell for silly money on ebay.

Jude xx

Last edited:
Thanks for all your input girls - I've just bought my first Christmas pressie. Yay!!

I hope you'll all remember your moat cleaners this year too.......

They work out at £6 a bottle including the p and p and for 30ml that`s a good price. The reviews are mixed about them but the Mind and Spirit fragrance seems to come out on top. Basically you won`t know til you`ve tried them and just steal a tiny squirt out of each, keep the one or ones you like then give the others at Christmas gifts. Perfume is so subjective it`s hard to say who will or won`t like them but whenever I`ve received perfumes from people I`ve always been happy to try something different even if I disliked it and then used it as air freshener !

And there was me thinking I was the only one using unwanted perfume as air freshener.
It's because I've had a few dodgy perfumes given me in the past (Opium? anyone..... Yuk. Poison, double yuk) that I will never buy them for anyone without knowing what they like.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have tried her perfume, I once bought a presentation of three in glass bottles, they are not offensive but they are not mind blowing , if you know what I mean.
I also got her perfumed gel like substance called Elixer in Signature, which is very soothing if you apply on your wrists............the perfume is not all that great in it though it differs every time I put it on, I suppose it depends on my my hormone, PH etc, sometimes it is quite nice, but other times a bit "iffy" like elastic rubber :confused: So I won't buy that again:sad:
I think perfumes are very dodgy to recommend , always depends on personal taste.
I do like her bath stuff though, that I would recommend. I have always wanted to try her body suffle
I suppose you can always get them , try them and return them to QVC
I do like her jewellery , even though I have not have any of them.

If I was spending serious money on a perfume gift for someone then I`d have to know which perfume they liked. I`d hate to waste £30 or more on something which was gonna be used as air freshener, mind you the only people I`d buy an expensive perfume for would be my sister or my daughters in law and I`m familiar with their tastes anyway.
At £6 a bottle I`d maybe buy the Tova for a friend or colleague. It`s the same price as a box of chocs or one of those bubble bath/shower gel/ body lotion combis from the supermarket.

The problem I have is that I buy four identical presents for nurses at the hospital unit where I have regular treatment. I like to get them something other than a box of Quality Street to share - I think I counted 15 in the staff room one year - and, as I've been doing this for the past 10 years I'm running out of ideas!!

In the good old days of inexpensive silver, I bought a great set of small stud earrings with stones of topaz, garnet, citrine, peridot and amethyst. They were very well received and I kept the peridot pair for me!!

Chunky highlights?

:smirk: I'm not sure....

tova.jpg :confused:

Jude xx

And there was me thinking I was the only one using unwanted perfume as air freshener.
It's because I've had a few dodgy perfumes given me in the past (Opium? anyone..... Yuk. Poison, double yuk) that I will never buy them for anyone without knowing what they like.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I used to love Opium. I also use unwanted perfume as air freshener:giggle: but I am careful with spraying them in the air, case of inhaling them, they can't be healthy for our lungs. I use them on cotton wool or pads instead:happy:

Unless I knew exactly what someone liked in a perfume, it's the last thing I would buy anyone. Good ideas imo would be: little classy individual boxes of extra special chocolate with good ingredients (i.e. no artificial flavours or colours and no hydrogenated fats - commonly listed as 'vegetable fat' without a statement on the packet to say non-hydrogenated), little silver stud earrings eg the pearl stud multi-collection from Honora that you could split up and individually give, good beautifully boxed natural soaps, nice cosy socks... that sort of thing; a little thing of excellent quality is the answer: it may be small in size, but the receiver would know it's quality stuff, carefully chosen. I, personally, cannot bear to give someone something I wouldn't be happy with myself, just can't do it!!

Latest posts

Back