UK Lash TSV 15/01/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Call me an old cynic - or just old, but this product and others of its ilk just make me think that it's a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. I guess in extreme cases where the person has little or no lash, then this may be worth a shout. Like many people, I have normal, non spectacular lashes and find that a sweep of mascara is all I need. If you don't wish to wear make up, then if you're that bothered, an old fashioned eye lash curler works quite well. The price for this frankly unecessary innovation is utterly ridiculous, of course this is my personal opinion, you may well disagree. What next - Ear serum?!
My thoughts exactly... thought it was just me who didn’t understand why this was necessary to the average person

Don't forget to recycle your mascara wands, if you wear mascara, if you plan to use castor oil.
I am planning to try CO, but on my eye brows rather than lashes. I had to buy wands - you can buy packs of disposable wands on Amazon...but likely they will be from China. Mine were shipped from China.
Will look at Lashfactor rather than high priced alternatives on Q.

UKLash Eyelash Conditioning Serum 3ml Duo

Single

Auto-Delivery

QVC Price £66.00
Todays Special Value Price £54.00
P&P £2.95

A duo of Eyelash Conditioning Serum from UKLash, enriched with hyaluronic acid, biotin and pentapeptide-17, specially formulated to help maintain and condition your lashes, creating a fluttery, lengthened effect and encouraging a glossier, fuller lash look. Give short, sparse or thin-looking eyelashes a much-needed boost with this UKLash innovation.

*A great saving: If you were to buy this duo individually directly from UKLash.com you'd pay £75.98. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £54, plus P&P, you're saving £19.03.

A fabulous flutter - ready for luscious, fuller natural-looking lashes? If your lashes are looking a little lack-lustre, then this could be just the thing for you. Get a gorgeous glossy fuller look you'll love with this wonderful formula and prepare to bat those lashes!

Extended 90-day money back guarantee - to help you decide whether the Eyelash Conditioning Serum works for you, we have tripled our money back guarantee to 90 days so that you can make an effective decision.

Luscious lashes for longer - choose our Auto Delivery option and you'll receive this same duo again in May and September at today's special price. It's a great way of stocking up!

Contains:

• 2 x Eyelash Conditioning Serum (3ml) - enriched with hyaluronic acid, biotin and pentapeptide-17

How to use:

• Remove your make-up with an oil-free make-up remover or cleanser
  • Apply only one stroke of Eyelash Conditioning Serum at the root of your upper lashes once a day. One dip is enough for both eyelashes
  • Wait until the serum has fully dried if applying additional beauty products
  • Allow the serum to work overnight
  • For best results, use consistently once a day for 8 - 12 weeks
  • Then, continue with a maintenance program of use 3 - 4 times a week
Please note:
This special duo value pack gives you enough product for either:

• 9 months use as a first time user - used every day for 3 months then move to 2 - 3 times a week for maintenance
  • 12 months as an existing user when used 2 - 3 times a week

I used to use a lot of waterproof mascara as a teen. It wrecked my lashes so my mum told me to try some Vaseline on them. It worked a treat so in true teen fashion I just slathered it all over my eye area before bed. I ended up doing this every night for decades.

It kept my eyes relatively line-free but I noticed them arrive a few years ago (I'm mid-50s) so started using eye creams. I think I'll go back to good old Vaseline as my eyes are getting a bit dry these days.

I won’t be buying this overpriced product and I am not fooled by the before and after photos. The models are wearing masses of mascara and probably false lashes or whatever they are called these days. And on the 8 o’clock show JF is wearing a pink polyester top that looks ridiculous. Imo.

Just had a quick look and that repeat of the Algenist product is on with Chuntley, a mere snip at £90 and £4 postage, and I’ve got to say the woman flogging it’s virtues face looks red raw, not a good advert. Who buys these ridiculous priced beauty products? I wish people would learn to love themselves for who they are and how they look. 🙏

You will be surprised that millions of normal women.do. Botox fillers etc are the norm now for thousands.

Years of the media telling women this is how you should look because rich women or singers looking perfect and teenagers take this on broad they grow up and pass it on to their daughters.

Even on here many chose to.buy the ever more expensive brands. Old days beauty TSVs well under £30 now at least £60. They still sell out, what were cheaper brands Judith William's now more expensive. Hype in the media and the influencers and women will rush to buy. Caroline Hirons does kits £300 and they sell out so fast those that cannot afford are just told what great value they are by others £600+. And thousands on her Facebook do. She has over 10 thousand on her group. I am on but never wanted a kit.

Unfortunately the harshest critics of a woman's appearance are other women.

I've many male friends and I hardly ever hear them talk disparagingly about what another man looks like but for women criticising another woman's looks is a normal topic of conversation.

I wonder if deep down do we ladies buy into the whole anti aging, long lashes, swishy hair hype for ourselves, to attract or keep a mate, or because unconsciously we know we will be harshly judged by our own sex.

If we were all happy with the way we looked billions of pounds would be lost to the cosmetics industry, there's a lot of money being made by companies feeding a woman's insecurities.

Will look at Lashfactor rather than high priced alternatives on Q.

Ideal world are currently selling it at £25 for 2 x 2ml. You can use it on the lashes and brows. I know some people have had issues with IW but, in all the years I’ve been a customer, I have never had a problem. You can also pay with PayPal and their returns/refunds are a lot quicker than QVC’s. The only drawback might be that IW use Hermes, although luckily Hermes have never let me down either.

LashFactor is certainly one that works for me, having tried Revitalash, UKLash and a couple of others and the price is definitely a bonus.

Golly gosh how much flipping mascara on Ruth’s after pictures o_O
Is she wearing lengthening mascara to make it all more dramatic?
I won’t be buying this overpriced product and I am not fooled by the before and after photos. The models are wearing masses of mascara and probably false lashes or whatever they are called these days...
I saw a bit of the presentation at midnight and found it embarrassingly awful. How are you supposed to judge the effects of the product when they show you a ”before“ photo with bare lashes and an “after with mascara” photo?? They did at least label them as such but it’s simply meaningless! Clearly people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference without mascara in the after shot.

And I laughed out loud at the clumpy, badly applied mascara on Ruth’s lashes on air. Also, in her “before“ photo, she narrows her eyes, and in the ”after“, she looks like she’s just been goosed. Then she has the cheek to say, “Look how much more open my eyes look”. They don't look more open, Ruth ... they ARE more open because you’ve opened them!
D821B49F-15A8-40BD-BA93-70131A4B7769.jpeg

In the example you've posted Andi it looks as though mascara is being worn in both shots - and there's definitely some eyeliner going on there. If the top pic's showing a completely bare lash -I'll eat my flaming hat! Might work as an advert to compare mascaras . If you want your lashes to look like spiders go for the bottom one - This is not showing someone someone with pale, sparse or stubby lashes getting transformed, it's showing someone who's put on a small amount of mascara and is being photographed with their eyes half closed.
If we are to momentarily believe that the top pic is of someone with bare lashes - doesn't it demonstrate how, you'd need to have bliddy good lashes to start with in order to achive results like this? Tbh I wouldn't want to go out looking like I was running late for a halloween party...clumpy and hideous, and I would imagine that this ludicrously trowelled on mascara would damage your lashes as fast as this wonder serum would purportedly repair them!

I've many male friends and I hardly ever hear them talk disparagingly about what another man looks like but for women criticising another woman's looks is a normal topic of conversation.

I wonder if deep down do we ladies buy into the whole anti aging, long lashes, swishy hair hype for ourselves, to attract or keep a mate, or because unconsciously we know we will be harshly judged by our own sex.

If we were all happy with the way we looked billions of pounds would be lost to the cosmetics industry, there's a lot of money being made by companies feeding a woman's insecurities.
That's an interesting argument. Humans have always decorated themselves & some of the fashions in previous centuries were positively deadly - just think of putting a mixture of vinegar & lead on your face! In nature it's generally the male who is the more flamboyant & his homely partner stays at home with the kids. I'm my harshest critic & would change practically everything about how I look but as that's impossible I've always tried to look my best & for me that's wearing make up & doing my hair every day. Maintaining face, body, hair & brain is even more important now that I'm in my 60s, I've written on here before about my horror of ageing so won't bore on about it again. My Mr T & I are the same age & I won't let him slide into decrepitude & become one of those old men who have hairy ears, jangle their spare change & do that tuneless whistling.

Very true. In most societies it is women who police other women.
We are more judgemental of other women, in general.
And let's face it, most of us can be merciless self-critical, endlessly dragging ourselves down.
Deciding to do things to boost our self-esteem is perfectly natural and sensible...it is often very successful to feel better about ourselves.

The before and after pictures from these products can be hopeful for some and off putting for others.
Some do like a clumpy lash look, some like spidery lashes...we are all different, and have different hopes and expectations from the products we use.
I am cautious about what I use on my lashes as a sufferer with very dry eyes, prone to blocked Meibomian glands...but if I find something tolerable and effective, I'd rather it was cheaper, because you need to continue using the stuff to keep getting the results: so it could get very expensive.

I think fluffy eyelashes make the wearer look like Miss Piggy. Elizabeth Taylor had the most stunning dark blue eyes that were so vibrant they often looked violet; she also had distichiasis which meant she had an extra row of eyelashes & this combination gave her those mesmerising eyes.

I have lashes just like Ruth's long and dark but pointing straight down, I can get that look with a couple of coats of Benefit's Bad Gal Bang Mascara which granted is not cheap but it doesn't irritate my eyes which I worry about a product like this doing!.
Fantastic if it really does work but I prefer the quick fix of knowing a couple of coats of msscara can give that look guaranteed without waiting a couple of months!.

Saccharine sweet! I find her quite odd.
F.a.k.e. In both mind & body.

I used to use a lot of waterproof mascara as a teen. It wrecked my lashes so my mum told me to try some Vaseline on them. It worked a treat so in true teen fashion I just slathered it all over my eye area before bed. I ended up doing this every night for decades.

It kept my eyes relatively line-free but I noticed them arrive a few years ago (I'm mid-50s) so started using eye creams. I think I'll go back to good old Vaseline as my eyes are getting a bit dry these days.

I find that richer eye creams at night - or sometimes any eye cream - gives me huge upper eye puff the morning after, for most of the day - even if used carefully. My eyes then look smaller than the ones in potatoes!
Does anyone have this experience? How should I use the vaseline in my case?
T, IA.

You will be surprised that millions of normal women.do. Botox fillers etc are the norm now for thousands.

Years of the media telling women this is how you should look because rich women or singers looking perfect and teenagers take this on broad they grow up and pass it on to their daughters.

Even on here many chose to.buy the ever more expensive brands. Old days beauty TSVs well under £30 now at least £60. They still sell out, what were cheaper brands Judith William's now more expensive. Hype in the media and the influencers and women will rush to buy. Caroline Hirons does kits £300 and they sell out so fast those that cannot afford are just told what great value they are by others £600+. And thousands on her Facebook do. She has over 10 thousand on her group. I am on but never wanted a kit.
..which is why I don't 'follow' these self proclaimed influencers....

I prefer to dance to the beat of my own drum (&, F.i.o, am not a hound.)

I dearly wish more people would do this (Tin hat donned)

Great post - my thoughts exactly.

I find that richer eye creams at night - or sometimes any eye cream - gives me huge upper eye puff the morning after, for most of the day - even if used carefully. My eyes then look smaller than the ones in potatoes!
T, IA.
I find if I use an eye cream I look like I have bags under my eyes. If I use a gel this doesn’t happen.

F.a.k.e. In both mind & body.

T, IA.

..which is why I don't 'follow' these self proclaimed influencers....

I prefer to dance to the beat of my own drum (&, F.i.o, am not a hound.)

I dearly wish more people would do this (Tin hat donned)

Great post - my thoughts exactly.

Ah. I haven't encountered that problem (yet). I just swipe my finger lightly across the top of it then swipe it across my lash area. Right finger over right eye, left finger over left eye.

I use the blue tin but I have used the pink one now and then and it does seem a bit lighter is has an oil mixed in (can't remember which one, sorry). Maybe you could try the Rosy tin first.

Latest posts

Back