UN-Boxing records

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
There have been 2 posts today about "opening the box" or NEVER yet having opened a box of something bought from QVC.

I still have an unopened laser printer bought years ago. When I fire up my other PC tomorrow (it has Word on it) I will see if I can find when I bought it.

In the meantime, what is your record for the period of not opening the box?

I always open them, if only to put the returns label back inside so I can send it back. Done that with 2 or 3 things where I didn't bother to examine the contents.

Never any longer than a few hours/a day at most - and only then because I've been out of the house when it was delivered. If I'm in when it arrives, it gets opened straight away.

OMG, I no longer buy anything from QVC, although I do watch and think, "Do I want this or that?" I tend to order from a certain river in South America, IYKWIM LOL? But, I think my record is a few seconds, I love having a delivery, it is like Christmas!!!

I have found the date I bought the Brother laser printer, it was August 2004, so I claim the record of nearly 8 YEARS, unless anyone can beat it.

The box is still sitting there, unopened.

I have found the date I bought the Brother laser printer, it was August 2004, so I claim the record of nearly 8 YEARS, unless anyone can beat it.

The box is still sitting there, unopened.

Before you can use it you'll have to invest in new ink cartridges, either that or leave it unopened and in 20 or 30 years you'll be able to sell it as an antique, the experts say collectors like to buy things with the boxes in mint condition and this will certainly come into that category!

I already had a fairly old inkjet printer with a stock of cartridges, so intended to replace it when it packed up or ran out of ink. But it is still going, and I still have ink left, and I hate throwing things away that still work.

It must be 14 years old now, as it was on a Windows 98 PC.

There have been 2 posts today about "opening the box" or NEVER yet having opened a box of something bought from QVC.

I still have an unopened laser printer bought years ago. When I fire up my other PC tomorrow (it has Word on it) I will see if I can find when I bought it.

In the meantime, what is your record for the period of not opening the box?

Brilliant thread!! About 2 weeks for a Northern Nights bedset because it sat round a neighbours house, who had gone on holiday. However I am a bit odd, because if a parcel arrives at breakfast I like to wait for everyone to buzz off so I can enjoy the experience of unwrapping the new products, and if they come later in the day then I put them to one side until I am on my own.

Latest posts

Back