VIP Coffee Club

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kit10

Registered Shopper
Thought I’d check out the 7am hour with Jess Foley this morning. I wasn’t disappointed. All the things that wind me up are still there, including the silly nicknames for other staff. The Kelster??WTF. Refering to a customer as an Esteemed Connoisseur? For buying heat treated Ruby (treatment not mentioned) ! Did notice a trailer for a new collection- Cavill & Co coming soon……..

There's quite a few Gemporia presenters I don't particularly like but Jess Foley is the worst of a very, very bad bunch IMO.
She irritates me so much (even more so than Adina's constant hair adjustments) with her obviously fake little conversations with people just off camera and her way of saying so much without actually saying anything at all.
I'm honestly getting wound up just typing this as it's making me think about her. Ha ha ha

There's quite a few Gemporia presenters I don't particularly like but Jess Foley is the worst of a very, very bad bunch IMO.
She irritates me so much (even more so than Adina's constant hair adjustments) with her obviously fake little conversations with people just off camera and her way of saying so much without actually saying anything at all.
I'm honestly getting wound up just typing this as it's making me think about her. Ha ha ha
Glad it’s not just me!!! I’ll give her her due, though. I remember seeing her on a Visage show and she steadfastly avoided any multiple layers of makeup!

It's a mistake to repeat the morning shows at night with the louder presenters in my opinion. Jess gets so loud, I can hear her through my headphones in the next room if I get up to make myself a drink. I don't want to hear anything that loud when I'm in my pyjamas getting ready to turn in.

Not sure why most of the female presenters have gone to the school of "When Harry Met Sally" shopping telly acting classes. You don't need to act as though you're a four year old receiving your first puppy for a £9.99 pendant. TJC increasingly looks more professional by comparison. Jim, Derek, Jeff, Angeline, Lynn, Ruth or Ellis are bearable at night.

I miss Jeff. Hopefully he'll go on to better things. He was always so well put together and positive that I hope another channel snaps him up.

It's a mistake to repeat the morning shows at night with the louder presenters in my opinion. Jess gets so loud, I can hear her through my headphones in the next room if I get up to make myself a drink. I don't want to hear anything that loud when I'm in my pyjamas getting ready to turn in.

Not sure why most of the female presenters have gone to the school of "When Harry Met Sally" shopping telly acting classes. You don't need to act as though you're a four year old receiving your first puppy for a £9.99 pendant. TJC increasingly looks more professional by comparison. Jim, Derek, Jeff, Angeline, Lynn, Ruth or Ellis are bearable at night.

I miss Jeff. Hopefully he'll go on to better things. He was always so well put together and positive that I hope another channel snaps him up.
Well, his sister (for the life of me I just can't remember her name) left Gems for QVC so hopefully he will follow suit.

I think Jeff has his own business outside of Gems. I remember him mentioning quite a few times that he sourced gems for bespoke pieces of Jewellery, and that he works with his own Goldsmiths.

I think Jeff has his own business outside of Gems. I remember him mentioning quite a few times that he sourced gems for bespoke pieces of Jewellery, and that he works with his own Goldsmiths.
Yes, that's right - and he once referred to/somewhere wrote that he used a Gem Doctor too to, for example, correct some windowing on a stone he bought.

Agree

Back on the subject of Jess Foley, I (unfortunately) caught 10 minutes of one of her shows at the weekend and it seems that she has discovered another word when trying to flog us some of the usual tat.

Apparently we are no longer just buying their overpriced items, we are now making an 'acquisition'. She must have said it four or five times in the time it took me to drink a cuppa (which believe me, doesn't take long at all).
I mean Good God, it's just another word to try to elevate their products to a higher level than they deserve.
We've had to suffer being referred to as 'Connoisseurs' for a while now, but now we should be considering ourselves as connoisseurs making an acquisition. No Jess, we're not. As far as I know, none of us work for a museum and your products weren't discovered during an archaeological dig so please stop with the attempted hypnosis and actually tell us something about the product you're selling instead of rolling out your standard stock phrases of 'good luck to each and every one of you'.

Back on the subject of Jess Foley, I (unfortunately) caught 10 minutes of one of her shows at the weekend and it seems that she has discovered another word when trying to flog us some of the usual tat.

Apparently we are no longer just buying their overpriced items, we are now making an 'acquisition'. She must have said it four or five times in the time it took me to drink a cuppa (which believe me, doesn't take long at all).
I mean Good God, it's just another word to try to elevate their products to a higher level than they deserve.
We've had to suffer being referred to as 'Connoisseurs' for a while now, but now we should be considering ourselves as connoisseurs making an acquisition. No Jess, we're not. As far as I know, none of us work for a museum and your products weren't discovered during an archaeological dig so please stop with the attempted hypnosis and actually tell us something about the product you're selling instead of rolling out your standard stock phrases of 'good luck to each and every one of you'.
I cannot bear Jess's shows for her facial expressions and inability to provide any informative detail about what she is selling. Ironically the most irritating is when she is so 'amazed' at the prices she goes silent and just pulls silly faces. Note to Jess, we are adults and expect more ...

I swear I don't think gems is ever going to recover! It will never go back to how it was. You had a trust in the company which for a lot of us has gone. If it did manage to regain some of its moral fibre again I still wouldn't trust any of these presenters. I find them disgusting Angeline,Ellis are the worst and the rest follow close behind..Apart from Jeff he is their saving grace.

Angeline getting excited about a piece of carved jadeite coming up in the show this morning - and I only watched for 5 seconds scrolling thru channels. Embarrassing. Maybe she should get an Oscar after all.

I cannot bear Jess's shows for her facial expressions and inability to provide any informative detail about what she is selling. Ironically the most irritating is when she is so 'amazed' at the prices she goes silent and just pulls silly faces. Note to Jess, we are adults and expect more ...

Absolutely! :sneaky:

I swear I don't think gems is ever going to recover! It will never go back to how it was. You had a trust in the company which for a lot of us has gone. If it did manage to regain some of its moral fibre again I still wouldn't trust any of these presenters. I find them disgusting Angeline,Ellis are the worst and the rest follow close behind..Apart from Jeff he is their saving grace.
I suspect the same. I'd be very surprised if they're still with us this time next year. The damage is too deep.

It's not just one problem that they need to rectify - there are loads - and I think they're a bit trapped.

They need a complete overhaul of the presenter line-up.
They need to stop flogging Jadeite to start winning customers back that have left because they're sick of seeing it.
They need to stop flogging endless amounts of 'gold tone' and plated jewellery and go back to producing quality.
They need to lower their prices back to reasonable levels.
They need to start producing nice designs again instead of some of the random shapes and 'cheap' looking tacky designs they do now.
They need to get rid of Dave Troth's boring lectures.
They need to get rid of Jake Thompsons tributes to Del Boy Trotter.
They need to stop with their confused business model. We don't want Jewellery Maker strands on Gem Collector, we don't want Gem Collector stones taken from the Gem Collector inventory so that they can be sold on Jewellery Maker. Jewellery Maker viewers don't want pre-made Gemporia jewellery on that channel - the clue is in the name, they make jewellery themselves - not buy it ready made! We don't want Hobby Maker cardboard and craft stuff on Gems TV.
They need to go back to selling jewellery on Gems TV. People don't want to see Dave's mushroom coffee or Steve's bamboo undercrackers on a jewellery channel. This may seem a crazy idea to Gemporia, but people tune in to a jewellery channel to see.............. jewellery! Who'd have thought it?
They need to bring call centre waiting times back down to reasonable times. 20 minute waits at times? Poor!
They need to stop with the endless 'sales' - it comes across as a blatant tactic to prevent price promise credit. Many of the items in the supposed 'sales' hours sell for the prices they always sold for - and sometimes even higher than 'normal' shows!
They need to stop with the ridiculous and misleading claims. It may be just about legal - but it certainly isn't moral!
They need to stop claiming viewers are 'part of the family'. Stop preying on the vulnerable / gullible.
They need to stop comparing to high-end jewellers. Bonhams? Tiffany's? Erm.... no. These days, Ratners and Elizabeth Duke would be more apt.

They NEED to actually listen to what customers are telling them. People were telling them on Facebook on a daily basis that they're sick of Jade, sick of Dave Troth's ramblings, and sick of waiting a month for refunds. Did Gemporia listen? No. They blamed their problems on higher material costs, higher import costs, Brexit red-tape, etc. Either in denial or arrogant enough to think they know better than the very customers that are pointing out their problems. They even turned comments off on the Gemporia Facebook page so that customers couldn't complain or point out why they'll no longer buy from them again. Instead of taking criticism / advice on board, they try to block it and then carry on regardless - then they wonder why they're struggling.

It's been almost two months since their problems became public. Have they taken on board what hundreds of people are saying across Facebook, this forum and their very own Facebook page (before they blocked comments)? It doesn't appear so! Other than quicker refunds and the return of the late shows at weekends, absolutely nothing has visibly changed.

They're digging their own grave in my opinion - just like Bid TV / Price Drop TV did.

Absolutely! :sneaky:

I suspect the same. I'd be very surprised if they're still with us this time next year. The damage is too deep.

It's not just one problem that they need to rectify - there are loads - and I think they're a bit trapped.

They need a complete overhaul of the presenter line-up.
They need to stop flogging Jadeite to start winning customers back that have left because they're sick of seeing it.
They need to stop flogging endless amounts of 'gold tone' and plated jewellery and go back to producing quality.
They need to lower their prices back to reasonable levels.
They need to start producing nice designs again instead of some of the random shapes and 'cheap' looking tacky designs they do now.
They need to get rid of Dave Troth's boring lectures.
They need to get rid of Jake Thompsons tributes to Del Boy Trotter.
They need to stop with their confused business model. We don't want Jewellery Maker strands on Gem Collector, we don't want Gem Collector stones taken from the Gem Collector inventory so that they can be sold on Jewellery Maker. Jewellery Maker viewers don't want pre-made Gemporia jewellery on that channel - the clue is in the name, they make jewellery themselves - not buy it ready made! We don't want Hobby Maker cardboard and craft stuff on Gems TV.
They need to go back to selling jewellery on Gems TV. People don't want to see Dave's mushroom coffee or Steve's bamboo undercrackers on a jewellery channel. This may seem a crazy idea to Gemporia, but people tune in to a jewellery channel to see.............. jewellery! Who'd have thought it?
They need to bring call centre waiting times back down to reasonable times. 20 minute waits at times? Poor!
They need to stop with the endless 'sales' - it comes across as a blatant tactic to prevent price promise credit. Many of the items in the supposed 'sales' hours sell for the prices they always sold for - and sometimes even higher than 'normal' shows!
They need to stop with the ridiculous and misleading claims. It may be just about legal - but it certainly isn't moral!
They need to stop claiming viewers are 'part of the family'. Stop preying on the vulnerable / gullible.
They need to stop comparing to high-end jewellers. Bonhams? Tiffany's? Erm.... no. These days, Ratners and Elizabeth Duke would be more apt.

They NEED to actually listen to what customers are telling them. People were telling them on Facebook on a daily basis that they're sick of Jade, sick of Dave Troth's ramblings, and sick of waiting a month for refunds. Did Gemporia listen? No. They blamed their problems on higher material costs, higher import costs, Brexit red-tape, etc. Either in denial or arrogant enough to think they know better than the very customers that are pointing out their problems. They even turned comments off on the Gemporia Facebook page so that customers couldn't complain or point out why they'll no longer buy from them again. Instead of taking criticism / advice on board, they try to block it and then carry on regardless - then they wonder why they're struggling.

It's been almost two months since their problems became public. Have they taken on board what hundreds of people are saying across Facebook, this forum and their very own Facebook page (before they blocked comments)? It doesn't appear so! Other than quicker refunds and the return of the late shows at weekends, absolutely nothing has visibly changed.

They're digging their own grave in my opinion - just like Bid TV / Price Drop TV did.
Here, don't complain about Elizabeth Duke stuff (Lol!). Seriously, I've still got a 9ct gold chain that someone bought me in the 1980's - I've worn it loads because I like the length of it and it's still in perfect condition, a decent weight of gold and fits most pendants (had it checked over recently by a jeweller, along with some other bits & pieces, and it was fine - I thought as I'd had it so long it might be getting thin). Just goes to show that Elizabeth Duke back in the '80's was superior!

Here, don't complain about Elizabeth Duke stuff (Lol!). Seriously, I've still got a 9ct gold chain that someone bought me in the 1980's - I've worn it loads because I like the length of it and it's still in perfect condition, a decent weight of gold and fits most pendants (had it checked over recently by a jeweller, along with some other bits & pieces, and it was fine - I thought as I'd had it so long it might be getting thin). Just goes to show that Elizabeth Duke back in the '80's was superior!

Sign of the times. Things used to be built to last - now they're designed to see you through their warranty period :(

and Jim. Love Jim (but not on gem collector- he is wasted there.

Looking elsewhere to by jewellery I came across ‘ Diamond jewellery United’ prices seemed good, however then realised where they state ‘ Naturally Mined Diamonds’ doesn’t mean they are natural. If you look at the more discreet print it says they are enhanced ! Why can’t people just be upfront 🤨

Latest posts

Back