Want a free Acer tablet?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really don't like Acer products but i would only ever buy Apple myself.

Whats wrong with Acer?? we bought Acer laptops about 4 years ago because of the value for money they give and are still used everyday I also have the A500 tablet with 32GB of internal memory, granted it's not as slim as the apple...maybe it's because of the SD slot that let me add another 32GB for my music, pictures and downloaded films, 1 HDMI socket to view films straight onto my TV and 2 USB's mini & standard.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with Acer. I'm currently using the slimline laptop (TimelineU) and it's far better than other laptops I've used.

Cant believe people didnt go for this last night :devil: (corrected now) - always worth a punt.

I have had free dresses from QVC, just paid the P&P and Yankee candles at 90% off.

Sometimes they do honour their errors.

I love a glitch and if I dont need it for myself, there is always a relative, friend, neighbour, charity shop who will be thrilled with an unexpected pressie.

And nope, I feel no guilt if big multi national companies cannot get their act together!

However, if a small shop gave me too much change, I would always give it back to them right away.

Double standards ?????

You betcha!!

Why would people go for it ? the price changed in the checkout because i tried :)

There's a member on here who nearly got into serious trouble by finding and ordering these mistakes. There is a case to be made of obtaining goods dishonestly, as a reasonable person would know that they are not selling computers for nothing.

There's a member on here who nearly got into serious trouble by finding and ordering these mistakes. There is a case to be made of obtaining goods dishonestly, as a reasonable person would know that they are not selling computers for nothing.

If I remember rightly they had their QVC account closed.

Really?

How????

If thats the case, then millions of people using MSE every day must be fearing the doorbell ringing every day!!

If someone places an order, the onus isnt on them to make sure a company havent made a mistake, surely???

:wonder:

I would love to know more, is there a thread you can refer me to please?

Many thanks.

I got free make up once (only about £14 worth), but after it arrived Q wrote to me asking me to return it, however since they didn't send the pre-paid label mentioned in the letter I didn't! Apart from anything else they'd have no assurances that I hadn't used the items before returning them, surely they weren't hoping to resell it? If they make a mistake on their fabulous website but don't notice until after the item's been despatched they should take it on the chin, but a return label is essential if they hope the item will be returned. It makes them look cheap!

Jude xx

A couple of years ago I had my eye on a set of three large Yankee candles at about £36 or so. After a bit of dithering I ordered them and only afterwards I saw the price had changed to £0.00.

I fully expected a phonecall or letter, but no, the candles arrived. I did consider (briefly!) phoning qvc, but decided that as I had genuinely ordered them in good faith, expecting to pay for them, I wouldn't bother. I never heard anything about it.

I think if a person was deliberately trawling the website looking for these errors and then rather obviously ordering several of these error items, then that's quite honestly taking the p*** and they'd deserve to have their account closed etc!

I was going to add that it wouldn't be beyond the average web-builders to write in a step that flags any order put through at £0.00 but then I remembered that this is the QVC website we're talking about and it possibly is beyond them! If they don't close the barn door then I think it's fair for anyone spotting a deal to order it and hope for the best!

From QVC's perspective they probably view SCW's number crunching activities: tracing TSV and OTO details ahead of their airing, as giving forum viewers an unfair advantage. The BCC night item thread as "spoiling it for others" (as my old headmistress would say). But we're not using info from insiders, it's info they launch on their website and if they're posting inaccurate pricing info and this isn't flagged before the item is despatched that's their look out, whether the buyer has done it once or 20 times! Rather than cancelling their account they should graciously thank said buyer for highlighting a shortcoming and retrain (bollock) the person responsible for posting the price. (I wonder whether it's the same person who messed up the Red Carpet Manicure TSV options as well?)

Jude xx

Not a website glitch as such but many years ago I ordered online from Q 1 LEsuperskin moisturiser. I paid for one. I checked I paid for one. I received 2. I kept schtum.

However when I had received a declaration for an Invicta watch that had not arrived and received a replacement, then the original one arrived and I had 2 but paid for one, I phoned them and asked for a returns label and returned the one that did not seem as pretty (MOP dials and the colour of a leather strap really does vary it seems.)

Latest posts

Back