Well he did it...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Crinkly

Registered Shopper
The Dyson fluffy TSV yesterday... Mr C bought it
But the most amazing thing is that i didn't find out til today when he casually mentioned it.

:mysmilie_466:

Apparently, he is sick of lugging the big vacuum upstairs and down.

I totally respect his decision (he does the hoovering cos my back goes into meltdown if i do it) because he is free to do what he likes, but where the heck am i going to install the charging station? (That kind of DIY is my department.)

Will keep you informed whether it is worth the money.
Well, whether he thinks so.
I will have as little to do with it as possible!

LoL you are so lucky with Mr. C. I have pains all over my body and there are days, my back is in agony, but I don't have anyone else to hoover for me, I do envy you.

It's at times like this, I wish I had a man around :mysmilie_59:

:mysmilie_505:
Can i continue to duck the vacuuming, with a light, handheld cordless?
I mean, it might not hurt my back.

Now there's a terrible thought.

:mysmilie_505:
Can i continue to duck the vacuuming, with a light, handheld cordless?
I mean, it might not hurt my back.

Now there's a terrible thought.

Hmm, do you think this could be a ruse by Mr C to get you vacuuming ? He might even say it would be gentle exercise, therapy with a practical bonus ! Let us know how it goes .

Sounds like youve got a goodun there Crinkly. OH is a domestic free zone.I blame his mother!

If OH does anything like that (id have to ask). he will say I've done the hoovering FOR YOU. Like he doesn't live in the same space as me . Ive emptied the bin FOR YOU,,,Like its not filled with his rubbish too.

Be good to know if this TSV is worth it.

I bought a massively expensive roomba, all I do is empty the box. It is utterly fantastic and does all the open plan area on one charge, then it docks and re-charges. The dirt box is big and there is only me here so I am very amazed at how much dust and fluff it collects. All I have to do is a quick dust everywhere and that is me done. My husband used to do the upstairs vacuuming too, only me now (widow) so I have learnt to make life easier

I bought a massively expensive roomba, all I do is empty the box. It is utterly fantastic and does all the open plan area on one charge, then it docks and re-charges. The dirt box is big and there is only me here so I am very amazed at how much dust and fluff it collects. All I have to do is a quick dust everywhere and that is me done. My husband used to do the upstairs vacuuming too, only me now (widow) so I have learnt to make life easier
I have the roomba too. Love it. I have set it to clean 3 times a week or n the afternoon.
I do have a few concerns in that it seems to take a layer off the carpet

I am deeply envious of the roombas. Always have been.
Without Mr C to do the hoovering, i would have had one for years.
The only problem would be whether it traumatised the cat and dogs...

Hmm, do you think this could be a ruse by Mr C to get you vacuuming ? He might even say it would be gentle exercise, therapy with a practical bonus ! Let us know how it goes .

You have a terrible imagination.
I have my hands over my ears, and i am going 'La-la-la!'

I have the roomba too. Love it. I have set it to clean 3 times a week or n the afternoon.
I do have a few concerns in that it seems to take a layer off the carpet

Does it actually start vacuuming, if it has been programmed, without you having to switch it on?

Sounds like youve got a goodun there Crinkly. OH is a domestic free zone.I blame his mother!

If OH does anything like that (id have to ask). he will say I've done the hoovering FOR YOU. Like he doesn't live in the same space as me . Ive emptied the bin FOR YOU,,,Like its not filled with his rubbish too.

Oh that does bring back memories !!! my late husband was the same, "I've washed up for YOU", or "I've got the dinner started, I've peeled the spuds for YOU", - we had some heated moments to be sure, like why should it be for ME all the time. I blamed his mother, she did EVERYTHING for him.

Yes, I also had to do some intensive retraining to get rid of the "for you" phrase. It doesn't get said any more.

My husband is really domesticated and great at food shopping, he said last Christmas that he knows were he'll hide my present, under the Hoover or in the oven because I don't use either.........he was joking of course, ahem!

I am deeply envious of the roombas. Always have been.
Without Mr C to do the hoovering, i would have had one for years.
The only problem would be whether it traumatised the cat and dogs...
There are videos on utube with cats riding on them. Comments are most dogs ignore them after a few days

When my mother went to have her hair done on a Friday morning, my father used to vacuum the stairs. When he went to visit an elderly friend during the afternoon, she used to get the vacuum cleaner out and do it again! I have no idea why, it always looked fine to me.

My neighbour is something of a stickler when it comes to doing jobs properly (I'd say he was OCD but I'm not sure if that's offensive these days!) He won't actually let the wife use the vacuum cleaner as he doesn't think she does a good enough job! I don't know how she feels about that, but she just sits back and lets him get on with it. Then when she gets up off the sofa he plumps up the cushions!

I would say that using OCD is only offensive if it isn't an accurate description - and that man sounds like it describes him to a T.

Mr C lived with an OCD lady (or as near as makes no difference) for 8 years. It has left him emotionally scarred.

Neither of us are neat freaks, but we don't like mess either. So we are well matched. I do all the gardening, the DIY, half the cooking and 1/4 of cleaning. He does all the hoovering, 3/4 of the cleaning, half the cooking and all the washing up. I think I get by far the best side of the deal!

We both do as much dog walking as we can - highlight of the day.

Sigh! I did everything - my hubby was never going to be a 'new' man. He left me to do the lot, decorating, cleaning, washing,ironing, gardening, cooking, sorting the car out, changing lightbulbs. He DID clean the windows, cut the grass and put the rubbish out, BUT always in his own time. If I rebelled and told him to get his own dinner, he'd clear off to bed ! We both worked and I lost count of the times I'd be stood at the sink peeling the veggies with my coat still on. I look back at those years, and wonder how the hell I got through them - younger I suppose, and it was easier than the upset and hassle of a divorce.

I would say that using OCD is only offensive if it isn't an accurate description - and that man sounds like it describes him to a T.

Mr C lived with an OCD lady (or as near as makes no difference) for 8 years. It has left him emotionally scarred.

Neither of us are neat freaks, but we don't like mess either. So we are well matched. I do all the gardening, the DIY, half the cooking and 1/4 of cleaning. He does all the hoovering, 3/4 of the cleaning, half the cooking and all the washing up. I think I get by far the best side of the deal!

We both do as much dog walking as we can - highlight of the day.

You two sound like a perfect match:mysmilie_3:

This makes me feel guilty.....OH ALWAYS does the vacuuming, bless him. Doesn't know one end of the washing machine from the other, but always does the vacuuming and without asking...so I'm not complaining.

Latest posts

Back