WEN Is Coming To QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you're still not getting good results read back through the comments here, I'd say ignore the number of pumps and experiment with far fewer (ofcourse they're going to encourage us to use more product). Massaging at the roots is important (which we wouldn't do with conditioner) because the product needs to carry away the oil from the scalp for a clean finished result, and rinsing well is important.
There are similar products in the States (ofcourse!) Kerastase do one and Revlon off the top of my head but the prices aren't low enough to tempt me from buying more Wen when it's half price twice a year. Uniq One and Hair One are both similar products sold here but I don't really know anything about them so I'll stick with what I know, one day I'll take the plunge and try some others when curiosity gets the better of me.
I'm one of Q's fiercest critics when it comes to the MBG but with a new concept to try it's the bee knees. (Wen website has a similar try and return if you don't like it MBG too).

Tell you what , if it all ends up in Last Clicks I'll be doing a virtual trolley dash to stock up! :screamingpumpkin:

Yes as Akimbo says, I really massage into the scalp and rinse until it squeaks. But I was always big on rinsing well, hairdresser said keep going even after you think its gone.

If you're still not getting good results read back through the comments here, I'd say ignore the number of pumps and experiment with far fewer (ofcourse they're going to encourage us to use more product). Massaging at the roots is important (which we wouldn't do with conditioner) because the product needs to carry away the oil from the scalp for a clean finished result, and rinsing well is important.
There are similar products in the States (ofcourse!) Kerastase do one and Revlon off the top of my head but the prices aren't low enough to tempt me from buying more Wen when it's half price twice a year. Uniq One and Hair One are both similar products sold here but I don't really know anything about them so I'll stick with what I know, one day I'll take the plunge and try some others when curiosity gets the better of me.
I'm one of Q's fiercest critics when it comes to the MBG but with a new concept to try it's the bee knees. (Wen website has a similar try and return if you don't like it MBG too).

Tell you what , if it all ends up in Last Clicks I'll be doing a virtual trolley dash to stock up! :screamingpumpkin:

Uniq One is fab! I use their coconut hair treatment every day. Next time I'm at the wholesalers I might grab a bottle of the the cleansing balm and give it a try.

I have used Uniq One and found it far better than Wen,I also like the coconut hair treatment I brought them from my local hair stylist .
Lynn

Oh now you're tempting me, there's a litre+ bottle on ebay for £24 delivered which seems great value, I might buy a smaller bottle to try (you see how fickle I can be!) (ebay ref if you want to search for it is 310662786050).

Just been googled Wen and didn't realise how many complaints the products has , a lot of people have mentioned hair loss :Sad:, of course mixed in are some positive reviews but seems a little concerning that some customers have reported it causing hair loss. I think ill give it a miss atm just in case.

Any hair loss seems to be down to whether you have a problem with menthol which is in some of the range.

If you have then it would be best to stay away, if not then no problem.

Personally, I just do not like the smell of coconut so the Uniq One is not for me. But then I cannot stand the smell of cherry tunes so that fragrance of WEN is out for me.

For a more sophisticated comparison the Fig Wen also smells like Aveda Cherry Almond Bark conditioner (discontinued I think) or cherry tunes!

I used to like them but then aged about 7 I was left alone with a packet and ate the whole lot (I did have a sore throat) then promptly they returned all over a plate of potted meat sandwiches (don't like potted meat either!). Sorry TMI!

Any hair loss seems to be down to whether you have a problem with menthol which is in some of the range.

If you have then it would be best to stay away, if not then no problem.

Personally, I just do not like the smell of coconut so the Uniq One is not for me. But then I cannot stand the smell of cherry tunes so that fragrance of WEN is out for me.

The Uniq One cleanser doesn't smell of coconut, it has a completely different scent to the coconut leave in.

I bought a smaller one yesterday (different ebayer) and its here already!!

Will try it tomorrow and report back.

Oh now you're tempting me, there's a litre+ bottle on ebay for £24 delivered which seems great value, I might buy a smaller bottle to try (you see how fickle I can be!) (ebay ref if you want to search for it is 310662786050).

I quite fancy the Pomegranate but the fig is a lot like cherry tunes; I can recommend the Lavender but I tend to go back to the AlmondMint original.

Not sure if anyone has asked this already but i workout most days and wash my hair pretty much everyday if not twice..can you use wen everyday?

You can but its really a waste, as I think the whole idea is your hair stays clean longer.

I know people complaining say that they don't feel clean if they don't wash their hair everyday and you use too much doing that.

I was given this tip by Chas himself( I just asked on the QVC facebook page), I Zumba twice a week and asked about that. He said to wash with WEN then put the second pumps on and just leave and rinse out after Zumba. Now I have short hair so nothing hanging down round my face. It works for me. Though I admit smelling of minty toothpaste when I start to sweat!!!!:Hysterical: I just start with three pumps massage well into wet hair then rinse really wet, towel dry hair and apply two pumps and leave in. A few women did ask what the lovely smell was in Zumba, it was me from WEN!!!

Twice yesterday I was told my hair was a lovely colour, it was done three weeks ago but still looks really fresh and bright. I am putting that down to the WEN.

Latest posts

Back