What’s happened to Jill?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the Commons yesterday, Boris did say he was looking forward to the hairdressers opening again. I don’t know what he’d done with his hair yesterday. He’d either just got out of bed, had lost his comb or he’d stuck his finger in a light socket.

Many men brush their hand through their hair to smooth it down and tidy it up, but Boris always ruffles his to make it into his trademark untidy look.

But yesterday it was even worse than usual. I think he was trying to convince people he hadn't had it illegally cut during the lockdown.

But it hasn't actually got any longer during the lockdown, so I bet he has had it cut. And I expect he pays a great deal of money to achieve his unkempt look.

It didn’t look as though he’d had a professional hair cut. The sides looked as though they had been hacked. Ruffling the hair might be ‘on trend’ but it just looks a mess (in my opinion.)

I miss Ingrid, too - I used to like her. When YK flopped, they started bigging up MW as their go-to quality brand that doesn't need much sewing to knock up each item. I wonder who'll be next because their "premium" brands don't last for ever. Whatever happened to old-fashioned tailoring?

Too many overweight women to cater for. Take Clare for instance, it would probably cost a fortune to tailor a garment for her - big bust, short legs, broad across the beam, so it wouldn't be cost effective.

However, there is ONE adjustment that would make the world of difference to the 'look' of a garment, and that is the length of the sleeve. The number of times I cringe when I see even celebrities who can afford the best, wear a jacket/dress/top where the sleeve is far too long. It makes the whole image look slovenly and ill fitting. In particular tailored garments should be wrist length. It doesn't cost much to have them altered, and I've had many a jacket adjusted on the sleeve.

As for men - just check out the likes of Frank Sinatra in a tuxedo - perfect sleeve length with a hint of shirt showing at the wrist.

You can clearly see his scalp, so his hair is very thin. If he got a normal cut we would see how thin and how little hair he really has.
I think he has a full head of hair, it's just spread thinly over a sodding large cranium that's filled with hot air 🤯

Too many overweight women to cater for. Take Clare for instance, it would probably cost a fortune to tailor a garment for her - big bust, short legs, broad across the beam, so it wouldn't be cost effective.

However, there is ONE adjustment that would make the world of difference to the 'look' of a garment, and that is the length of the sleeve. The number of times I cringe when I see even celebrities who can afford the best, wear a jacket/dress/top where the sleeve is far too long. It makes the whole image look slovenly and ill fitting. In particular tailored garments should be wrist length. It doesn't cost much to have them altered, and I've had many a jacket adjusted on the sleeve.

As for men - just check out the likes of Frank Sinatra in a tuxedo - perfect sleeve length with a hint of shirt showing at the wrist.
I love cufflinks, beautiful shirts & the smart men who wear them. Shoot your cuffs.

I used to like that girl, Cydney Mar? She brought really nice clothes to QVC, not that I bought any lol, but they always looked well made and they definitely weren't poly/elastane or hideous prints.

Ingrid Tarrant looked like she shared a hairdresser with Boris Johnson.

CC
If I was his hairdresser my scissors would be extremely sharp & I'd slip as I made the first cut.

Many men brush their hand through their hair to smooth it down and tidy it up, but Boris always ruffles his to make it into his trademark untidy look.

But yesterday it was even worse than usual. I think he was trying to convince people he hadn't had it illegally cut during the lockdown.

But it hasn't actually got any longer during the lockdown, so I bet he has had it cut. And I expect he pays a great deal of money to achieve his unkempt look.
Not giving too much away, but it's part of Boris' whole skit. He's done it for many many years. The chaotic buffoon bit is part of his aim to get people to like him as a 'friend' and hopefully not hold him accountable for anything, or scrutinise his behaviour. I've seen before the make-up girl getting him ready before the cameras roll and, the moment she's left the set, they're counting down silently and he's about to go live, he purposefully ruffles his hair up again to regain the 'dishevelled but loveable' character.

He's the definition of deceitful. Maybe he could do an hour on QVC with Del Boy - he'd probably be one of their top sellers.

In the Commons yesterday, Boris did say he was looking forward to the hairdressers opening again. I don’t know what he’d done with his hair yesterday. He’d either just got out of bed, had lost his comb or he’d stuck his finger in a light socket.
I was laughing so much yesterday 🤣 my hair is getting very unruly and when I look at the “Celebs” etc it makes me feel better

Boris, contrary to his buffoon persona, is not as stupid as he comes across.
a lot of it is an act, not entirely sure why he portrays himself in this way perhaps it is to put them off guard whilst stabbing them in the back.

He certainly isn’t a buffoon. My friend has met him when she and her husband had tea with him at Downing Street. Her husband was a local mayor. She said he is charming and very intelligent.

I think he was too slow to lock us down last March and some other decisions could have been made earlier, but with the current “road map” is spot on in my opinion. I just hope that selfish people don’t assume that they can break the rules again because that will only push all the proposed dates back.

Someone on a forum was complaining about people calling him just Boris instead of the full Boris Johnson.

A poster said I just call him lying c*nt :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Actually his full name is something like Piffle Boris Johnson - - - google the full name of Boris Johnson. Piffle is quite apt :)

Correction, Piffle is one of his middle names - - - -

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

Not giving too much away, but it's part of Boris' whole skit. He's done it for many many years. The chaotic buffoon bit is part of his aim to get people to like him as a 'friend' and hopefully not hold him accountable for anything, or scrutinise his behaviour. I've seen before the make-up girl getting him ready before the cameras roll and, the moment she's left the set, they're counting down silently and he's about to go live, he purposefully ruffles his hair up again to regain the 'dishevelled but loveable' character.

He's the definition of deceitful. Maybe he could do an hour on QVC with Del Boy - he'd probably be one of their top sellers.
Couldn’t agree more. I refuse to call him Boris - he’s a Johnson. Eton educated prat who is not one of us. Can’t understand why people can’t see through the twaddle and who he really is. He couldn’t give a monkeys about real people only his posh mates. Rant over!

But that’s the narrative - blame rule breakers
He certainly isn’t a buffoon. My friend has met him when she and her husband had tea with him at Downing Street. Her husband was a local mayor. She said he is charming and very intelligent.

I think he was too slow to lock us down last March and some other decisions could have been made earlier, but with the current “road map” is spot on in my opinion. I just hope that selfish people don’t assume that they can break the rules again because that will only push all the proposed dates back.
but a lot of people have no choice and pick up the virus from having to work whether that’s transporting us, teaching kids of key workers or working in a supermarket or hospital. Some papers want us to blame a very small minority instead of an inept government who locked down too early, spent millions on useless PPE or tech from their mates, told us to go out and eat out, then told us to stay in, then told us to meet up at Xmas and then told us not to far too late - which led to huge increase in death rates in Jan. Left the borders open for months without any kind of testing or checking on quarantine. Rolled out track and test solution (from their mates) that didn’t work. Over 120k people dead in this country - one of the top death rates in the world and that is not due to a few people not obeying the rules whatever they might want us to believe. Sorry I just hate it when we are made to blame each other where everyone I know has done their very best to comply. A few not complying does not lead to the death toll we have had. I won’t be letting Mr Johnson forget this either

Well personally I DO blame the rule breakers just as much as poor government decisions. I just don’t understand why people think rules and regulations don't apply to them.

Every government in the world has tried different methods to curtail this and most haven’t been that successful. but who ever expected fighting something that has just swept world and left devastation behind it be you prince or pauper.

At least our care home workers didn‘t run off and leave dead bodies behind them as in Spain and we didn’t have to deal with The Donald, imagine being governed by someone who didn’t even believe it to start with and then said HE could cure it by drinking disinfectant. Also I would take the figures coming out of some countries, especially those without a free press ,with a massive pinch of salt,

I blame the rule breakers for a lot of the death toll.

Working in store last year when there was still a lot of ignorance about Covid, the first day back after the first lock down a customer, who was a complete stranger was so please to see us reopen kissed me, and no matter how much we tried to enforce social distancing we were largely ignored, when we tried to limit the number of people in store it wasn't unusual for the staff member at the door to be abused.

In my nearest city some students held a house party which led to a spike in Covid cases not so much among the students but among the people they infected, of which some became seriously ill.

Multiply that across the country....

We are on of the few countries that are over accurate reporting the death toll.

If someone dies within 28 days of a positive test, Covid is recorded on the death certificate, even if they died of a heart attack or stroke that had nothing to do with the virus.

Latest posts

Back