what a terrible, amateurish demonstration

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
At last, after many months, something I was interested in learning about on QVC

A Sony video camera (yes, old hat) but with a built-in projector, a novel innovation I wanted to learn all about.

Matt Trim spent most of the demo on the camera, but even then said nothing important such as how long the battery would last, until he finally moved on to the projector.

What an amateurish shambles. A large proportion of the time when he was talking about the projector they showed a still photo of the camera, so you had no idea what he was talking about.

But even if you could have seen it, the lack of information was abysmal. I don't even know which end of the camera projects the image.

And the spec on the website is mainly meaningless gibberish, and I am fairly tech-savvy.

HAVING SAID ALL THIS - - - - I looked at the video again and it is different. The one I commented on had a woman host, now it is Simon, so I will look at this one now!

I think Mat Trim is more of a stills photographer / Jeremy Beadle lookalike. Not the best person to present a video camera / projector.

I've just seen the same woman host doing the telescope. I've no idea who she is, but she seems rather hyperactive and a bit mischievous in her remarks.

Now also the telescope video with the woman has been replaced with Simon, so you won't be able to tell me who she was.

I think they were using old videos from previous demos, and have now replaced them by the current ones.

One of the telescopes sold out this morning much to my amazement. Strato, they need to get you on there demo'ing the techy goods so the rest of us would understand it.

CC

One of the telescopes sold out this morning much to my amazement. Strato, they need to get you on there demo'ing the techy goods so the rest of us would understand it.

CC

The computerised one had a very bad review. It said you needed EIGHT batteries, not 2, and you had to know your exact position coordinates to align it, which wasn't mentioned, and you wouldn't be able to find this out unless you had a satnav.

But the reviewer could be wrong.

These things are very tempting when demo'd in a warm studio.

Then you realise you have to go out and find a dark field somewhere to get a dark sky, so you can use it, often in sub-zero temperatures, because the air is clearer then.

Latest posts

Back