What are your best or worse purchases on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Best, the Ninja food processor, use it all the time.
TSVs of ranges I've discover through Q, thinking Laura Geller, Tarte, Bare Minerals, Leighton Denny, L'Occitane( especially when they used to do bumper sizes of the body lotions & hand creams in the TSVs, haven't been tempted by any recent ones). Lots of the jewellery they used to do but no longer, gems set in gold, silver by the likes of Carolyn Pollack.

Worst, without doubt Gatineau which brought me out in the most dreadful allergic reaction than took weeks of antihistamines from the GP to clear up.

Worst, without doubt Gatineau which brought me out in the most dreadful allergic reaction than took weeks of antihistamines from the GP to clear up.

That sounds terrible, I suppose it just goes to prove that them testing on animals doesn't prove a thing.

Was it the flat paddle brush type that you had? I bought the 50cm round barrel one. Tried it last night, wasn't immediately wowed but have still got more volume at roots this morning. Time will tell if it's right for me, unless I do my usual trick and confine it to the back of a cupboard. Note to self - when will I ever learn!!
I have the babyliss 50mm round brush. I use it every time I wash my hair as it is easier than blow drying. I usually towel dry for 10 mins, then use ordinary dryer to dry hair to 90% then swop to the babyliss to get some volume and smooth it. If I want a really good finish or the weather is very humid I then use my steampod to straighten it.

From years ago I have lovely gemstone and gold jewellery which was/is great quality and still looks good. Those days are sadly long gone.
Recent likes have been ABC bodywash and Margaret Dabbs foot file and Cozee Homes bedding.
Worst purchase was an SBC tsv which had gels and bodywash in it. The gels dried out my skin and the bodywash made me itch like mad.
A second worst purchase was LG Balance and Brighten which looked awful on my skin.
I`m sure there are more likes/dislikes in the back of my mind and probably still lurking in the back of my wardrobe too.

Best -

Emu boots and slippers. I live in the boots in the winter and as opposed to others I have had my slippers for 3 years and I am only just thinking about a new pair

Elemis skincare. I could not afford it except for TSVs

Bare minerals complexion rescue and serum foundation.

Ultrasun sun screen. At last I have found sun screen that works for my very fair skin.

Ninja smoothie maker - use it daily

Birkenstocks. I live in these in the summer.

Worst -

Any brand of fake tan. None seem to work for me.

Mally foundation. Too yellow for me.

Centigrade coat. Really thin material.

No no. Could not stand the burnt hair smell.

Best - probably Lock n Lock, when they first used to sell it and it was pretty good value.
Worst - Diane Gilman jeans - way too big and horrible material.

Best.
Northern Nights feather bed. Transformed my sleep!
Yankee Candles.
Beauty TSVs which let me upgrade my skincare.

Worst.
Nothing specific, but occasionally something in a TSV or kit doesn't suit me. BUT I am not an adventurous shopper on Q so never try clothes or expensive gadgets! (IN fact my biggest risk purchase was the feather bed!!!!)

Hippygirl post has reminded me of additions to my best and worst list...

Best
Birkenstocks. I'd wanted to try them in a nice style, and QVC used to do some interesting styles and colours. That plus the 30 day MBG got me to take the plunge... and I've not looked back since! Most pairs since my introductory spending spree have come from Germany, with marketplace sellers on Amazon. I stay in my Birks for as much of the year as possible. Love, love, love them!

Worst
Josie Maran in-shower self tan. What a hideous mess that caused in the bathroom. Product everywhere, staining everything... except my skin (hands excepted - they needed to be scrubbed red-raw to get the pigment off). The end result was underwhelming, patchy, and fast-fading. I didn't try it out during the MBG period. Never again... I'll stick with Decleor gradual glow.

It's a shame QVC don't sell the range of Birkenstocks they used to. I have some lovely patterned ones.

I also forgot a worst - reminded by Prussian Red. Diane Gilman jeans. Even though I bought petite they were still 6 inches too long.

Has Diane Gilman left QVC? Doesn't seem to have been a TSV for ages & they used to be regular. I found they were OK if you went downsize.

Q has introduced me to some good brand like Elemis, Yankee ( my electric tart warmer), and one of my favs, the Slanket,
Also Bare minerals, love the neutralising primer,
Bad buys for me, Gatineau throat gel, loved it but then they seemed to change the formula and it bought me out in hives, too late to return.
Birkinstocks, really hard and uncomfortable to wear, made my feet look even less attractive than they are!
Not much else as I have been a bit more cautious in my purchases lately and can't recall anymore bad buys!

When all's said and done, with the hits and the misses, I've enjoyed getting ideas of products and brands that are new to me. Obviously with the savvy crowd here, I've found alternatives, and alternative sources for good value on the brands.

I feel I've turned a corner with QVC. I've not stopped shopping with them, but definitely shopping less with them, and doing my homework (where possible) before buying.

I have quite a few things that I like and have been introduced to by qvc. Can't really choose a fav - Lola rose, Laura geller, cleanse and polish, abc skin wash, steam iron, northern nights bedding. Hmmm quite a lot!
Worst? I also don't get on with Gatineau, face brush thing which I hardly use, my black jeans which have faded to pale gray
I try to contain my spending now and usually only buy to replace items I can't find elsewhere

Slanket, Kipling, Ninja, Veronese, EGO, Birkenstock and the amazing underrated Emu boots are my best buys.
So many worst buys, I can’t even think… No No was probably the worst, absolutely terrible. A lot of Nina Leonard was shockingly poor too.

Was it the flat paddle brush type that you had? I bought the 50cm round barrel one. Tried it last night, wasn't immediately wowed but have still got more volume at roots this morning. Time will tell if it's right for me, unless I do my usual trick and confine it to the back of a cupboard. Note to self - when will I ever learn!!

Yes, mine was this one, but in silver:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Babyliss-Ionic...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-14-_-401515

I'd actually be quite interested in that one that you've just got, would love to hear what you think of it when you've had longer to road test it. I've been looking for something that straightens / smoothes my hair, without sacrificing too much volume. Obviously I don't iron my hair flat to my head from root to tip circa. 2000, but was thinking something a bit bouncier might be nice! Wondered if it would be a quicker way of boosting the volume at the root in the morning (every second counting and all that!!)

Favourites- cleanse and polish/ gentle exfoliater/ superskin

Worst buys- Anything by Gatineau- no change to skin and a horrible perfum-ey chemical smell
Ditto Elemis- especially the pro - radiance cleanser- not a patch on cleanse and polish- it should be re- named 'what radiance?'!!

Latest posts

Back