What are your best or worse purchases on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cinderella

Registered Shopper
Hi all, I'm new to this forum so this may have been asked before. I'm just wondering what are your best or worse buys. I know price and postage plays a large part, but I mean quality, quantity, reliability etc. I haven't yet had chance to go through the posts. So sorry if this is duplicated. Thanks

I've bought a huge amount off QVC but my best item of all time is the Slanket. Love it. In fact love them, I've got several :mysmilie_59: Worst item? Dead plants.

CC

Best item, well probably my Northern Nights bedding, I love it. Worst item, hard to choose between Emu Stinger boots or some rubbish tablet that Abby Horne was flogging. The bootsended up with holes in the toes after being worn only a few times and the tablet was really, really slow and eventually just stopped working. It was beyond useless.

Another Northern Nights buyer ... In days gone by gold jewellery (plenty of buys around £25 mark).

A Emu slippers lasted all of 4/5 weeks - waste of money

Best purchase AD skin synergy night treatment oil. My skin adores it and I would never have discovered it without QVC. Can I slip in the ninja food processor, probably gets used every other day if not daily. Worst item would have to be the purple skincare range from Judith Williams. Didn't send it back but it really was a complete waste of money. Greasy moisturiser that went off within a few months, greasy cleanser and a serum and eye cream that just don't seem to do anything. It did come with a nice facial cleansing brush, which I am embarrassed to say, was probably a factor in me purchasing the kit.

My Best Buy is a memory foam mattress topper. Still using it after 9 years. I love my Cozy Homes fleece duvet set. I use the duvet cover on its own most of the year. I also like a long lasting lipstick from Lipstick Queen.
Worse buy is a set of thin Christmas lights from Bethlehem Lights.

Another Northern Nights buyer ... In days gone by gold jewellery (plenty of buys around £25 mark).

A Emu slippers lasted all of 4/5 weeks - waste of money
emu slippers on now trying to tell the public that they last many years and we all know thats a lie

Thanks all, for your replies so far, really interesting. Of the Best buys , I haven't tried the Slanket, wondered why I would , as I have a throw on sofa, so seemed waste of money, I haven't bought any plants either as always so expensive.
I haven't tried Northern Nights bedding, so will consider that in future. Emus , well I have just treated myself to the slippers for Christmas, sounds like I may be sending them back! 😬
I have bought some bits of diamonique and had for years, and yes they still look like new, so pleased with that. Not tried AD skin energy but am a beauty junkie, taken in by all the promises! I have tried JW and the one product that amazed me was her neck cream, really did smooth and tighten. I've got a Ninja too and pleased with that but don't use that often!
My best buys: Liz Earle cleanse and polish; sorted my sons teenage acne skin after spending loads on spot treatments, and shampoo. Always return to LE if skin plays up. My worst has to be Strivectin, came out in red blotches all over, too chemical for me. I have bought all sorts of other things but those stand out for me. 😀

It's been done before, Cinderella, but don't worry about that! It's nice to review as we might have had a brilliant product or a disaster delivered to our doorsteps since we last addressed the topic... plus we remember things we didn't mention but would have the last time.

Best
Babyliss Big Hair Petite
Laura Geller Balance & Brighten (much better, for my skin, than Bare Minerals)
Leighton Denny Nailcare (Leighton was the best nail brand guest presenter, much missed)
Cozee Homes Fleece bedding (especially at present with no central heating at home)
Slanket (especially at present with no central heating at home - a fleece blanket with sleeves is genius for keeping arms warm - you can't do that with just a throw)
Ninja Master Professional 500W Food Processor, Mini Chopper & Drinks Maker - been on my kitchen counter and in use since I bought it
cook's essentials Stainless Steel Ultra 24cm Grill Pan (so good I bought 2 more and gave them as gifts and the recipients still love and use it too)
Cooks Essentials Colour Smart Stainless Steel Ultra 5 Piece Cookware Set (mainly use the everyday pan, which never leaves my hob)

Worst - step forward the clothing department
Nina Leonard dress I couldn't get on without a massive struggle and feared I wouldn't ever be able to get off again (but I've a fair few of his dresses I have loved and still wear)
Kim & Co trousers - one leg visibly shorter than the other (but I've plenty of much-loved Kim dresses and tops in my wardrobe)
Clothing from: Yong Kim, Ronni Nicole, George Simonton, Attitudes by Renée, Susan Graver - tried on and straight back to QVC.
Things I didn't send back but wish I had... Slim and Lift support wear, items from Tiana B, and umpteen brands of yore I bought in Clearance (won't do that again)

Best, Liz Earle, it was a must have, I now buy cheaper cleansers but still use a hot cloth to remove, and once a year I get something from my brother and sil from the range, its the only item I ever bought even when on holiday without qvc, I stayed up to buy the tsv sight unseen! Simple Green, loved it, along with Golden Oil. Silver plating fluid. Worst: Bought some twisty grater thingies, they went straight in the back of a cupboard, x bought a chopping gadget, not sure where from, being short I couldn't get sufficient leverage on the worktop to chop easily with it, so I eventually gave it to a friend who was considering a purchase (even being dyspraxic, I still got on better with a knife and a chopping board).

The best would have to be my Lola Rose collection, which I wear and enjoy every day. Also discovered L'Occitane through QVC, though I now buy a very small proportion of the amount I use from them. I just love their products, the textures and fragrances, and they seem to suit me / my skin really well. Tarte were also a very happy discovery. My Tangle Teezer is definitely one of the best products I've ever bought from Q. It makes my hair a bit static to use as a normal brush, but detangles my waist-length hair a treat after washing. My Leighton Denny manicure kit was also a great buy. I recently asked for a replacement for my birthday, as I'd worn all the bits in it out!

Worst would have to be the couple of Lulu Guinness TSV bags I've bought, both of which I got QVC to collect, so disgusted was I. I love her designs and had always coveted her bags, but - on the couple of occasions I've dipped my toe in the water - the quality was nowhere near good enough for the money. I don't know whether this is true of her entire range, or just the "made especially for QVC" (aruga! Aruga!) bags. A pair of Skechers that were different sizes (though both labelled up as size 5) obviously had to be collected, too. That crappy ionic Babyliss brush was a waste of time, and should have gone back. Have a bit of a love / hate relationship with my Micropedi. It does give you lovely smooth feet, but my feet really weren't that bad to start with, so I've made a bit of a rod for my own back with my perfectionism!

I've bought a huge amount off QVC but my best item of all time is the Slanket. Love it. In fact love them, I've got several :mysmilie_59: Worst item? Dead plants.

CC

My Mum and I still laugh over the first and last plant she ever ordered from Q. Richard Jackson promised "dinner plate-sized blooms". She got nothing the first year, a couple of blooms about 2 inches across the second year, and that was it's last hoorah!

Best - items of gold and gemstone jewellery when they had decent stuff and Balinese solid silver jewellery by a company called Sajen? Worst-well this must be Dicky Jacko's unrealisticially described plants.I bought pansies and fruit trees.No better than from local homebase or lidl but dearer and in worse condition.

Oh no! Just had the email today I have that on its way to me!! :headbang:

Oh no, feel bad now, sorry! :doh: Hopefully it'll work better on your hair type / length than it did on mine. I just thought it didn't do anything that a normal brush wouldn't do. The Babyliss brand rep said the more you brush, the shinier it gets, so I tried brushing it for longer, but then it just made my hair flat! It certainly wouldn't be able to replace my straighteners in my routine, either. Hope you have more luck with it, Sooze, let me know how you get on. :happy: xx

Without a doubt, my best buy was the G-Tech Air-Ram.
I know it's only a vacuum cleaner, but IMO it's the best one on the market. Q don't sell it now unfortunately, G-Tech were either pushed or jumped and are now on Ideal World instead.

Oh no, feel bad now, sorry! :doh: Hopefully it'll work better on your hair type / length than it did on mine. I just thought it didn't do anything that a normal brush wouldn't do. The Babyliss brand rep said the more you brush, the shinier it gets, so I tried brushing it for longer, but then it just made my hair flat! It certainly wouldn't be able to replace my straighteners in my routine, either. Hope you have more luck with it, Sooze, let me know how you get on. :happy: xx
Was it the flat paddle brush type that you had? I bought the 50cm round barrel one. Tried it last night, wasn't immediately wowed but have still got more volume at roots this morning. Time will tell if it's right for me, unless I do my usual trick and confine it to the back of a cupboard. Note to self - when will I ever learn!!

Without a doubt, my best buy was the G-Tech Air-Ram.
I know it's only a vacuum cleaner, but IMO it's the best one on the market. Q don't sell it now unfortunately, G-Tech were either pushed or jumped and are now on Ideal World instead.

So are the Call Blocker thingy and Roast Easy, that chain mail thing that goes over food in the oven. I think they jumped because both these things, including the Gtech, were and still are, huge sellers. All three of theses things have sold out on IW and they've had to restock. The reason I say jumped is the Gtech woman said they'd chose to come to IW and she feels more at home there or something like that, I can believe that though seeing how they're all cliquey over there on QVC.

I think my best two have already been mentioned.

Mr M with the Air-ram. I ****** love it. I am so tempted to buy a second even though I really don't need one living in a three bed townhouse but one up and one down would be bliss!

Minx with the Leighton Denny manicure set. It is brilliant. The clippers particularly. They have changed my nails. I know everyone raves about the crystal nail file but my nails grow so fast I need clippers or scissors to cut the down and these are the best I've ever used.

The only one not mentioned is also Leighton Denny, although I no longer buy it from La Q. The Brilliance Shield. For me it's the perfect cheat's French manicure. I wear it about 50 weeks of the year. Quick, easy and lasts well on me. Nothing else comes close.

Also thanks to La Q I have some fabulous jewellery. Mainly from a few years back now. Couldn't class one piece as my best purchase but I love the jewellery I have bought.

Best value has to be the Liz Earle TSVs. I don't buy many but when I do I always use everything, giving the moisturiser to my stepmother. It's the only beauty TSV I actually buy.

Worst?! Oh there has been a few but nothing I've been daft enough not to send back.

Latest posts

Back