What did we do to deserve 2 hours of charlie bears with mecharlie?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
On mute for most of the time, but just been horrorstruck by Charlie announcing there is still 1.5 hrs of the show to go! It really is like paint drying... partly with Charlie's slo-o-o-o-o-o-w delivery, but also, how much can you say about stuffed plush that varies from item to item?

What have we done?
Whatever it is, we have been doing it for 10 years!

Yup. They've been onthe Q for 10 years now - celebrating the anniversary. O joy.

They've had their day, and should now be allowed to fade gracefully away. Although having said that, while Q are still making a megabuck from them, of course they'll still appear. CB were OK in the early years, when the prices were reasonable and the bears attractive. Now, the prices have shot up far too much for what they are, and when I've watched I've thought how ugly some of the bears and other characters are, not to mention the really glary colours they use.

What have we done?
Whatever it is, we have been doing it for 10 years!

Yup. They've been onthe Q for 10 years now - celebrating the anniversary. O joy.

On mute for most of the time, but just been horrorstruck by Charlie announcing there is still 1.5 hrs of the show to go! It really is like paint drying... partly with Charlie's slo-o-o-o-o-o-w delivery, but also, how much can you say about stuffed plush that varies from item to item?

Because an hour with Charlie Broooooook, takes two hours.

nothing against charlie bears, but mecharlie needs to go into hibernation :mysmilie_59:

He's like a big soft kid.When he's in the mega bucks pie show he 'umms' 'ahhs' and 'yum yums 'his way through the pies. Keeps getting more like he's in mummy's kitchen. In bed linen shows he strokes pillows and caresses duvets whilst telling us they are 'sooooooo soft'.He really comes into his element with the teddies.Waving their paws for hours as he drawls out in detail how much he looooves each one and how they are selling out . Don't know if he thinks he presents himself as a bit of a charmer-appealing to people as a smooth almost 'son' like persona.I just see him as a bit of an annoying t***

He's like a big soft kid.When he's in the mega bucks pie show he 'umms' 'ahhs' and 'yum yums 'his way through the pies. Keeps getting more like he's in mummy's kitchen. In bed linen shows he strokes pillows and caresses duvets whilst telling us they are 'sooooooo soft'.He really comes into his element with the teddies.Waving their paws for hours as he drawls out in detail how much he looooves each one and how they are selling out . Don't know if he thinks he presents himself as a bit of a charmer-appealing to people as a smooth almost 'son' like persona.I just see him as a bit of an annoying t***

Yes, I see what you mean PP, - I've never minded him too much, BUT he is a bit too new man (although not as far as Craig with the moisturiser), and I know there is nothing wrong with a man not liking alcohol or liking football, but cuddling up to a chap who has a glass of pop in his hand and wears Grandad cardi's doesn't quite cut the mustard for me.

Cannot bear these shows, so don't watch them! Yes, I like teddy bears but the way they paw, stroke, tease just give me shivers!! Agree, they have had their day :mysmilie_43:

Makes him look like a total weirdo.Fine to manipulate them briefly to show how the bears move and that they are to some people very cute.But to spend a whole programme waving a piece of fabric. .........yes precisely.Sooo soooo odd. I'm sure in past shows he's made them dance

2016-09-27-23-12-24-1900234138.jpegimages-5.jpeg

I don't mind CB but I can't bear that big soft lump of Yorkshireman sat on the settee, talking about secondary markets (I.e, EBay) in his eee-bah-gum accent.

I quite like Charlie, but have no interest in Charlie bears, so I don't watch them anymore. I got fed up of hearing their romantic
(not) selling spiel.lol

I get the impression they stick him on the CB hours because he is very friendly with Charlie & Will, so there's a personal connection. Charlie Brooke used to be always talking about how his young daughter collects the bears, how many bears she had on her bed, and so on. Perhaps they named one of the bears after her?

I admire Charlie ( of Charlie Bears, not Charlie Brooke) tremendously, because of all the health issues she's been through - I take my hat off to anyone who has coped with what she has. But I still think the bears have had their day and - like you - I do think they have laboured the story of Charlie & Will's meeting and subsequent marriage. Enough.

I quite like Charlie, but have no interest in Charlie bears, so I don't watch them anymore. I got fed up of hearing their romantic
(not) selling spiel.lol

Absolutely agree that he thinks he's a bit of a charmer. I always get the impression that Charlie - and Dale, too - are mainly addressing themselves to the ladies, hence the smarm overdoses. The way Charlie B talks to any viewers who phone in during CB's hours is quite embarrassing at times, 'patronising' is the word I'm looking for.

Enough of the over-priced, over-hyped stuffed things. Five minutes of one of these presentations is more than I can cope with - but 2 hours???

Enough of the over-priced, over-hyped stuffed things. Five minutes of one of these presentations is more than I can cope with - but 2 hours???

Which was my main reaction.

Charlie Brooks croons his way through most of his hours, when you listen to him... it's not just the slowness but this crooning way of talking which is unsettling.

In the part of the programme I endured with the sound on he was talking about all the different bears his daughter has ... and all I could think was that I bet he didn't pay full price for them, as he's always struck me as very "careful" with his money.

I think Charlie (Charlotte) is looking very well these days, but could definitely give Jill Franks a run for her money in the slimness stakes... but there is something very vulnerable about her which makes her more likeable.

When I listen to Will, her husband, I think he sees £££££ the whole time and nothing but £££££, and it's plain to me in how he talks about the collectors and the collections. He's a smart cookie with a very commercial mind, and knows which side his bread is buttered. I think he's very protective of Charlie, which is admirable... but yes, we don't need to hear ad nauseam about how they got together.

As a south-based northerner, I enjoy hearing both their accents... we get plenty of "estuarine" accents already. I'm always happy to hear a variety of accents from around the UK. As long as they can be readily understood it's not a problem for me.

Absolutely agree that he thinks he's a bit of a charmer. I always get the impression that Charlie - and Dale, too - are mainly addressing themselves to the ladies, hence the smarm overdoses. The way Charlie B talks to any viewers who phone in during CB's hours is quite embarrassing at times, 'patronising' is the word I'm looking for.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a huge mirror to look at themselves as they present. The faces and smarmy looks wouldn't need to be practised and they could enjoy seeing themselves ' on the job'.Not my kind of guys at all though.

Latest posts

Back