what's the best and worst thing you have bought from QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am still new to QVC compared to many on this site. Most of my purchases have been jewellery. My husband got us watching QVC when he was confined to bed for a few months. We just watched at first and then we discovered how easy it was to order :doh: :devil:

The best purchases have been the Tiffany Lamps we bought on the run up to Christmas. Went a little crazy and bought quite a few. The poinsettia lamp they offered before Christmas is my bedside lamp. It's just the perfect size for that spot and when it's dark and it's on, the colours are so beautiful (same goes for all the lamps!). The feeling they all give me with their ambience is very comforting and cozy :bear: They were a very nice investment for our home. As we don't change out our lighting very often I don't feel guilty for their expense. Got the poinsettia at a much lower price than the current one.

Jewellery is another matter ... so easy to go overboard and my lifestyle doesn't require that I be "turned out" stylishly with new looks each occasion. Most pieces I really like and enjoy. Just need to be very objective and not get lulled :giggle: into buying something on a whim. Southwestern silver, Suarti, Treasures of India, Jewels of Jaipur, Opaque gemstones Often I find that something I paid very little for is what I enjoy the most like a simple necklace with small Amethyst beads that cost around £11.50 during the silver day. Lee Sands Firegate and Jaspar tumble stone stretch bracelet another inexpensive item that I really enjoy and it looks great.

Diet Chef has been a help. :mysmilie_480: Now if hubby would just not buy ice cream!!:devil: or :pizza:

Yankee Candle Sheer Gardenia/Honeysuckle large duo:up:

Tova Cactine Masque has helped to quiet down my complexion, lots of breakouts and redness, :angry: skin, also Alpha H Discovery Set which I recently got has helped as well.

Polar Foam Memory Mattress Hubby needed something to replace our old mattress style topper. He was in dire pain and this helped immensely.

Worst: Don't think I have a worst yet. However, I am :angry: with myself for not sending back a few items here and there when my inner voice said this isn't quite living up to my expectations so it should go back for a refund! One marquise cut Southwestern Silver coral ring that I just couldn't get to fit right. The one that fit well- the coral wasn't as pretty a pink coral or carved as well as the one that didn't fit so I sent them all back. No point in it staying in a drawer. Let someone else have it.:mysmilie_1:

My best purchase is any of my silver diamonique jewelry I just love the sparkle.
Best gifts received Tiffany Peacock Lamp, Silver gemstone jewellry and yankee candles etc over the years from my son and daughter for Christmas and birthday pressies none of which I've needed to return they know me so well.

Worst purchase Philosophy try me set, one of the items smelt disgusting, one brought me out in a terrible rash so binned them and gave my daughter the lip gloss in a tube which was ok for her.

Great thread!

Best practical purchase would probably be my Jack the Lad juicer which is still my fave kitchen toy de jour. Am nearly bankrupt from buying so much fresh produce but there are some much improved immune systems in my house as a result. I also bought a Cooks Essentials pan set TSV five years ago which I use every day and is much better than the v expensive Prestige lifetime guarantee set I got for my 21st (what an embarrasing confession. I'm not even a decent cook...:blush:)

Best pleasure purchase would probably be my Tahitian pearl earrings. OH got them for me the first Christmas after our son was born, nearly three years ago, they were an amazing price of around £60. Maybe I was lucky but mine are the quality of the ones I used to sell for ten times the price in a high end jewellers many moons ago.

Skincare is my main purchase and I'm really glad I found QVC in that regard as it got me away from Clinique which I'd used for years and now realise did not suit my skin one tiny bit, and got me onto Decleor etc. Poxytanne hand cream has genuinely improved my quality of life as I have unfeasibly dry hands. If I dropped everything else I'd still shop with QVC for that.

The worst purchase that went back was the original Aiptek camcorder TSV, three of them in fact across our family, not one worked for more than a minute, all three went back ASAP to profuse apologies from QVC. Worst purchase I kept was the wash balls that didn't get anything vaguely clean even on a non-soiled half load. I kept hoping against hope they'd give me a washing line worthy of a Persil ad...:wink:

Best: Microplane foot thingy, Lots of Smashbox products, Ojon and Gatineau. Gtech green Sweeper which gets used everyday, Cooks essentials pans especially the three part steamer which I use the base for a deep cooking pan almost everyday. Northern Nights featherbed, duvet and sheets both cotton (summer) and flannel (winter) but I now get these from the outlet as they are much cheaper. I did have a lovely gold dimoneque ring which I had worn daily for about 15 years but lost it 2 weeks ago on holiday so am gutted - it was only about £30 but it was lovely and I used to get lots of comments about it.

Worst: lots of useless exercise stuff which is gathering dust in the garage somewhere. The glass bulb things for watering plants - but they dont! Elemis - which did not suit my skin.

Best was the Oreck - I would have been nervous spending that much money in a shop but knowing that if it turned out to be total pants I could send it back made it worthwhile (and it is a brilliant cleaner).

Worst was the No No hair remover. It may have worked but it caused such a bad allergic reaction that I will never know. The rash took weeks to clear up and I was taking loads of anti-histamines for the itching. What with the awful lumps it caused I would have been better off with hairy legs LOL.

Best - Molton Brown, lots of different silver, gold jewellery, gemstone rings, breezie bras; laura geller, gale hayman, decleor, elemis, gatineau, liz earle, mojave magic

Worst - paint on white french manicure brush which got clogged up. Models Prefer foundation, primer, yellow powder dispensers which dont dispense!! a battery operated shower gizzmo with different heads; Ecotan

Best - Getting me into the Liz Earle stuff over 10 yrs ago and still loving it, Decleor's aromessence angelique and solaire, Aveda hair stuff altho they stopped making the sap moss so waiting for LE's to come out now. And how could I forget arnica and propolis gel from SBC.......
Then, NN high thread count bedding (esp the last 2 sets from outlet) and the all seasons down duvet - love them so much.
And of course on a more practical level, my original green G-tech sweeper and its updated beige brother that was a recent TSV.

Worst - microfibre towels deffo, centigrade coats over the last 2 yrs (nothing like the quality of the ones from 5 yrs ago that I always had comments on and there was something comparatively recently but can't for the life remember what it was.....other bits and pieces have gone back too as they really weren't good.

Only been shopping for a couple of years, definitely worst was some lightweight microfibre towels that were in the sale - wonder why - they were absolutely rubbish! Oh and I bought the Shavata eyebrow templates - what was I thinking - impossible to line up evenly - what a joke they were - the pencil was good though that came with it.

Best buys for me have been Elemis (only gone for TSVs & easy pays!), Decleor stuff, and one of the LE kits - the 24 hour eye one. Not sure why the mineral sunscreen was included for the body though!:thinking:

I like my Yankee candle electronic tart burner, and a thing you hang over the back of the door to store jewellery and stuff from preserve, they're good. Also swear by SBC arnica gel
Got a lovely mookaite necklace, and a sterling silver watch..all good stuff.

probably bought more duff stuff than good. worst item by far was an organiser bag, that was so badly designed it was dangerous. Had to open this massive flap at the front to access anything by which time the contents had tipped out all over the floor. The handles weren't that secure, and one actually snapped whilst I was riding my bike and all my stuff ended up scattered all over the road. Got the money back on that one!

silly little eyeshadows from cargo...looked great on screen but in reality Barbie doll size, and to top it all the quality wasn't up to much either...they weren't cheap!

Tova "flykiller" perfume. Someone actually commented on the horrible chemically smell once, I was mortified, they clearly didn't realise it was someone's perfume. I was off to the ladies room like a shot to try and wash it off. I realised it was naff as soon as I squirted on, somehow thought it was going to mellow into a delicious sexy aroma as the hours passed.....er hello!!!

Cydney Mar skirt...who she? Last clicks, dunno why I bought it, it looked pretty I guess, ethereal floaty rich dark brown
coloured gyspy skirt. When I got it was flabberghasted! The lining was actually made out of American tan tights material, and the overskirt was like poor quality netting slightly lighter in colour ...it had been finished off with a pair of scissors by the looks of things. I folded it straight back up and put in the post the same day, with the comments "disgusting!"

We have always been pleased with our purchases, I love the jewellry, especially the diamonique set in silver. Thanks to QVC I have got into quality skincare and makeup. I am in love with Laura Gellar and Liz Earle stuff. Liz Earle was a blessing when I had teenager skin a few years ago. I adore Yankee candle and Molton Brown and L'Occitane thanks to QVC as well. Their Gtech carpet sweeper has been a godsend to my Nan too. Northen Nights bed sheets have made me a bedlinen snob now, won't touch anything less than 300tc now. The SBC range is fab too - the arnica stops me getting bruises now!

Just read someone didn't like Ecotan - that was the best fake tan I ever had! I was delighted to find it in TKMaxx after not being able to find it anymore on QVC.

If I had to choose a worse purchase I would say this sponge roller carpet cleaner - flippin' hard work!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back