White coat nonsense

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Why do certain ambassadors wear their laboratory white coats to appear on Q? They are not in a laboratory so don’t need to be sterile, they don’t wear goggles and rubber gloves as well. The Clinique lady had nail varnish on, is that allowed when developing gloop? It’s nonsense and looks silly and next to AY’s extremely busy, too long sleeves for her jacket, fastened to the neck blouse, well with all this going on I’m afraid the products didn’t get a look in, not that I can use their facial cleaning stuff anyway.

Ah! I can answer that one. Way back when Estee Lauder created and launched the brand Clinique, they had this idea that customers seeing someone wearing a white coat behind a counter would make the customer think professional or like a pharmacist. Therefore, trust the SA and believe and buy more product. So the idea caught on in the beauty profession.

I got this from a book about Estee Lauder I got from the library some years ago. It feels on the idea that professionals in white coats know what they are talking about. Of course, if you are getting a beauty treatment in a salon they do wear them to keep their clothes clean and easy to launder each day, that would be more about hygiene.

Thanks donna but, as boffy alludes to I think, white coat syndrome can put the blood pressure up. Plus, the BA must feel daft, surely. At least Judith Williams only wears hers on video tape.
Ah, but of the billions of people, there will not be that many walking into a salon for a treatment or buying from a counter who will have that effect.

For Estee Lauder, it was a marketing ploy that worked.

I started work in a laboratory wearing a brown lab coat, but that was mainly to protect my clothes from the oily machinery.

I've still got one left somewhere in the depths of Strato Towers from 50 years ago.

I've also got a green lab coat, can't even remember what job that came from.

I started work in a laboratory wearing a brown lab coat, but that was mainly to protect my clothes from the oily machinery.

I've still got one left somewhere in the depths of Strato Towers from 50 years ago.

I've also got a green lab coat, can't even remember what job that came from.
The green coat? Clinique for Men?

Why do certain ambassadors wear their laboratory white coats to appear on Q? They are not in a laboratory so don’t need to be sterile, they don’t wear goggles and rubber gloves as well. The Clinique lady had nail varnish on, is that allowed when developing gloop? It’s nonsense and looks silly and next to AY’s extremely busy, too long sleeves for her jacket, fastened to the neck blouse, well with all this going on I’m afraid the products didn’t get a look in, not that I can use their facial cleaning stuff anyway.
I remember when QVC first started Alison Young used to wear one.

In my local hospital you'd be hard pushed to SEE a white coat anywhere ! plenty of billowing theatre gowns, caps and white wellies wafting around the corridors though !!

(as for AY and her long sleeves, it does my head in to see this. It costs around £15 to get them turned up professionally at the wrist, and when I see slebs and politicians on tv or award ceremonies who clearly have plenty of money, but have no idea of dress sense attired with sleeve cuffs hugging their palm, I think "oh do look at yourself in the mirror " )

F305C21F-2D89-4706-B424-E4B88397E979.gif

Especially when Abby Cleave wore one for her promo. And, if I remember correctly, she was looking into a test tube. this is the only reason I became a science teacher !!! Just who did she think she was kidding?
This is the only reason I became a science teacher !!!
My peers and I just wear formal business wear.
I'm always threatening to turn up in a white coat - Beaker-style :) :)
(1980's Muppet!!!)

Latest posts

Back