Who is Kate Thornton?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
My knowledge of slebs is becoming increasingly limited, so when turned over to see Bibi with Kate Thornton I immediately thought 'who?' - is she one of the sisters that was once in Eastenders ?

Not that I'm bothered, but these days all these slebs (to me anyway) are morphing into one ! I occasionally pick up the National Enquirer for something to browse, but then when I get to the fashion parade page, they might as well have come from Mars for all I know.

My knowledge of slebs is becoming increasingly limited, so when turned over to see Bibi with Kate Thornton I immediately thought 'who?' - is she one of the sisters that was once in Eastenders ?

Not that I'm bothered, but these days all these slebs (to me anyway) are morphing into one ! I occasionally pick up the National Enquirer for something to browse, but then when I get to the fashion parade page, they might as well have come from Mars for all I know.
She's a tv presenter and has been around for a while. If you Google her it will tell you what's she's been in.

She used to be a VJ on VH1 back in the late 90s and then she was the first X Factor host until Simon Cowell jibbed her after a couple of series. Apart from the odd guest spot on Loose Nags, I don't think she's done much since then.

I know exactly what you mean Brissles, when we get biographies come into the store more often that not I have to ask a younger staff member who that person is, and more often than not the said biography sits on the shelves for months and we struggle to get rid of them in the sale.

I don't know who half the so called celebrities are, though I do know that Kate Thornton was a TV person.

She's made the most of her opportunities & has acknowledged that she was well paid for some of the things she's done. She's quite savvy financially & I heard her talking about the properties she owns. I haven't seen her on tv in ages but have listened to her on the radio & she came across as a decent person, not at all 'zelebby'.

She was a guest on Richsrd Osmon House of Games and as far as I can remember came over as quite nice (I also think she looks perfectly ok).

I find when you see people outside of their normal TV shows you get a better insight into them.
Mr L really likes Louise Minchin and I’ve always thought Judger Rinder was ok but was never taken by Samantha Womack from Eastenders. However when we watched Sports Relief Heat is on Challange they all showed their true colours. Frankie from the Saturdays is well known for suffering extreme anxieties and Nick Grimshaw suffered heat sickness both found it very hard, Both LM & JR are very very sporty and competitive they left them both behind having attacks and it was Samantha who looked after them and gave them encouragement and comfort despite suffering herself. She went up in my estimation and sorry but the other two are just meme shits as it wasnt a first across the line race. Particularly shity considering it was for charity promoting mental health.

Now who have I met in real life thats relatively famous: Boris Johnson a few times very very friendly and polite believe it or not. Now I am true red politically and I have met Red Ken Livingstone and a more disagreeable person you cant meet oh and Diane Abbott not very nice/polite! IMHO!

Now who have I met in real life thats relatively famous: Boris Johnson a few times very very friendly and polite believe it or not. Now I am true red politically and I have met Red Ken Livingstone and a more disagreeable person you cant meet oh and Diane Abbott not very nice/polite! IMHO!

Not met any of them but I think your views are spot on.

Not a fan of many politicians whatever their colours but having social graces and behaviour that seem to be genuine rather than treating the people that put you in your position with contempt does make a difference sometimes. I would not trust DA as far as I could throw her. Maybe she should get a job on selly telly.

Yes, when Mr Inverdale made those comments about Marion Bartoli he clearly hadn't actually ever looked at his own reflection in the mirror. One of the ugliest men on TV IMO.

CC

You sound remarkably like John Inverdale !

I haven’t seen him on tv since.
Not one good thing can be said about Prince Andrew in a new book. OMG, from a telling off aged 8 from Prince Philip over his common people comments on Coronation Street, it was all downhill for his personality. Lack of respect for his Naval superiors there was no chance for the waiting staff.

And Mrs Sussex hasn't exactly had a good press from her flunkies either. I read she had kept a diary from the time she met Harry. Nothing like having a bit of insurance for the future eh? Cunning, cunning, cunning.

I watched the film Maid of Manhattan last night (Jennifer Lopez - she should do more acting), and there was a good statement from one of the characters as to their role in Housekeeping....... "we might be here to serve, but we are not their servants". Great line.

When I used to work for HM not one staff member had a good word to say about Mrs. Sussex and not one staff member had a bad word to say about Mrs. Cambridge.

And there we have it. More evidence that Americans don't know the meaning of 'class' or 'etiquette'. And more proof that a two bit tv actress is what she will always be.

Latest posts

Back