Wrong choice of presenter?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mysteriousgirl

Registered Shopper
:sad: I can't help but think that Jill Franks presenting 'Supplement Your Health' is a bit ironic unless she decides to take her own advice! She's a lovely lady but stick thin with dull, lank hair and gaunt, drawn face. I'm afraid she looks far from a picture of health although I know she is very knowledgable about nutrition. Do you agree with me, and are there any other presenters who aren't really cut out for the products they sell?

Totally agree MG,she looks as if a good meal would help also she does some of the makeup shows and most of the time she doesn't wear any,in fact she just looks a bliddy mess.

Well, all I know is that Jill Franks is getting well and truly tanked up on supplements this hour. She has drunk and swallowed every single thing on offer. If her stomach manages to keep that lot down, she's a better woman than I. :puke:

Your ST resident fitness expert has to make a rare appearance to give some input on this QVC show....

Don't be fooled.

Absolutely no product featured its nutritional index.. at no time, were the nutritional breakdowns talked about or shown on a slide...reasons for that, obviously.

It was all hard sell hard sell... Stupid high prices for stuff that was basically not beneficial to mr or mrs average, however maybe beneficial to someone who does quite a regular weight training schedule, advanced fitness routine.

IF the drink powders were broken down, they would have shown quite a high "of which sugars" which are cheap fillers for these "healthy" powders.

The best 'healthy drinks' are those which are low in carbs but high in protein (at least 25g per 100g) , and below 5g per 100g sugars.

As for the creatine capsules.. WHAT A JOKE!! creatine is just a muscle 'filler' basically a natural 'bulker' for a bodybuilder. and gives the bodybuilder extra energy to lift weights.. at no stage will it increase your metabolism to 'melt fat'

so there you go. Of course we woulld all love the 'quick fixes' but unfortunately all these supplement only help if you are on the same fitness levels as the pilates woman.

If you really want to know something that works... its vitamins, minerals, good natural protein sources or soy as a veggie, balanced with clean carbs and veggies, and lots of movement! And if you want to go up a gear, the best thing for that is 2 litres of tap water a day.

Love Moynah xx

I always find she goes into high sell made for these type of products. Uses scrae tactics for health monitoring products.

I watched this on and off (I was keeping my eye on a lemon cake that was in the oven - does that count as fruit?).

What's the point of the collagen in the collagen and multi vitamin supplements? I thought collagen was just a protein so it would be broken down in the digestive process. Did they say why it was in there?

I think they must have to be really careful about any claims they make. I did notice on screen "may help people with a restricted or nutritionally inadequate diet" when they were showing one of the drinks.

About a year ago, I did purchase the tomato powder/drink as I thought it would be good for me to have for lunches. A year later, it is still half full and sitting in the cupboard. I simply can't drink it. I don't know if it's spicy, but it really burns my throat. Also, just mixing the stuff up is a health hazzard in itself as, no matter how careful you are, the powder flies into the air and gets up your nose - it is not pleasant and makes you choke and sneeze!

Having said all this, I do use it when I make my own tomato soups/bolognese sauces - I just put in a scoop full, pinch my nose, hold my breath and stand well back.

About a year ago, I did purchase the tomato powder/drink as I thought it would be good for me to have for lunches. A year later, it is still half full and sitting in the cupboard. I simply can't drink it. I don't know if it's spicy, but it really burns my throat. Also, just mixing the stuff up is a health hazzard in itself as, no matter how careful you are, the powder flies into the air and gets up your nose - it is not pleasant and makes you choke and sneeze!

Having said all this, I do use it when I make my own tomato soups/bolognese sauces - I just put in a scoop full, pinch my nose, hold my breath and stand well back.

If I remember correctly there has been a bit of an issue with that before, one presenter didn't try it as they didn't like tomato and others appeared to lift the glass to their lips but the contents of the glass did not go down!

We bought a 42" plasma telly last year and Jill Franks was one of the first people I saw on it. My husband and I both gasped at how awful she looked and we thought she wasn't wearing any make up until we got used to it. I agree she looks terrible and needs a few good meals!

I find JF hard to watch and find it annoying that she talks so fast that she has to gasp for breath all the time - I usually turn off when she is on!!:sleepy:

what is healthy about health food shop food. powder,tablets,dried "food".
awfull
what is wrong with fresh fruit meat vegetables fish nuts pulses made up into real food.
jill franks would swallow tablets thats all thats keeping her this side of the grave.
madness!!:sad:

And using Anthony Heywood to sell jewellery is also a bad choice in my opinion. He's all techy stuff so we know he's got no empathy for a pair of earrings - although having said that . . . .lol

I watched this on and off (I was keeping my eye on a lemon cake that was in the oven - does that count as fruit?).

What's the point of the collagen in the collagen and multi vitamin supplements? I thought collagen was just a protein so it would be broken down in the digestive process. Did they say why it was in there?

I think they must have to be really careful about any claims they make. I did notice on screen "may help people with a restricted or nutritionally inadequate diet" when they were showing one of the drinks.

BB, I think you'll find lemon cake counts towards your five a day... :giggle:

Yes we also think JF really needs to get a good meal inside her, she doesnt look a good advert for health and fitness, if you want to lose weight be a postie lol, I have have gone from 84kg to 78.5kg since June! As for the pilates lady, she may be fit, but feminine she doesnt look !.... all muscle and gaunt, sorry! .... and while we are at it, someone plse ask JR to wear other shoes than the usual chunks on the end of her legs.....

Latest posts

Back