ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yankee Candle Set of 3 Fruit & Fresh Scented Beads Large Jars
Item Number: 703246
QVC Price £24.50
Feature Price £19.98
P&P £5.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.703246

Yankee Candle set of three Fruit & Fresh ScentBeads large jar candles. This lovely set includes three fresh, fruity fragrances that evoke the sweet scents of summer. Bring a zesty touch of tropical beach aromas into your home with this collection from Yankee Candle.

Contains:

1 x Anjou Pear large ScentBeads jar candle (382.7g) - a sweet and delicate pear scent
1 x Sandy Beach large ScentBeads jar candle (382.7g) - salt water and sea musk warmed with light florals
1 x Coconut Mango large ScentBeads jar candle (382.7g) - a refreshing, fruity, tropical fragrance

The US retailer these were made for have now taken over Boots, so I wonder if we will get them cheaper there!!

Actually this range has had a shocking number of one star reviews for earlier sets so I shan't bother looking.

Never again will i buy Scentbeads candles , please read the reviews before wasting your money, You'd be better off buying a house warmer candle for £19.99 than this set, No wonder the Yankee Candle name isnt on the front of the label !!

I didn't have anywhere near as much trouble with these candles than some people seemed too. I currently have two burning from the last set (one in my kitchen & one in my living room). I admit they need a little more care than the normal housewarmer jars, but they are no where near as bad as Wax Lyrical large jars. I've had no end of trouble with them.

I've just ordered myself this set.

Last edited:
Mine was dispatched yesterday and according to the tracking system I should receive it today :)

Did anyone see these being presented yesterday? I didn't actually watch any shows, but during my dinner hour yesterday I watched the video online. Rosa said that she didn't think they gave out as much fragrance as a house warmer jar, but again I disagree - unless Rosa meant these particular 3 jars rather than the ScentBeads in general. I have one in my kitchen & one in my living room currently and every time you walk into the room you know there is a candle lit.

They always say this now and base their spiel around these being a good cheap way to try out YC rather than saying they are as good as the housewarmer range. The first time they were on they were really sold as being just as good, but I suspect the change is because they have been compared very badly to the standard range in (extremely poor) online reviews for both quality of burn and level of fragrance. This would certainly put me off buying, but I love the Artisan range and they get a lot of negative feedback too so it is each to his own really!!!

(I wish they would bring Artisan back though - perhaps next year when I have more space in my candle cupboard.)

I wish they would bring Artisan back though - perhaps next year when I have more space in my candle cupboard.

I agree I liked the Artisan range too and I still have one or two of those from last year in my candle cupboard (however my candle board is no where near as impressive as the ones they show on QVC from people tweeting in).

I think QVC/YC decided on the ScentBeads this year instead of the Artisan range. I bought all four collections last year and I intend to buy all four this year too. I like to have something a bit different rather than the latest fragrances (I didn't go for the auto delivery of the quarterly jars, instead if I like a particular fragrance I bought that one alone).

They have just arrived - well no they haven't, I've got a Decleor Supersize Gradual Glow Body Milk instead. I can see how QVC would get this mixed up!!! lol! I've rang customer services, they are sending me the correct product today and a returns label (which means I have to go to the Post Office with the wrong item). I know many of here have had this problem before, but it's never happened to me before. I'm annoyed but at the same time I find it quite funny.

Oh warwa100, poor you! I never got my Decleor gradual glow as that order was never dispatched! I got it from JLP in the end but don't think it is very good as I certainly didn't get a fabulous tan after three applications. My last YC delivery came in the form of a NN duvet set. What is going on in that warehouse????? At least they did a redeliver and collect on the same day via Hermes so no trip to to the PO for me.

I suspect SCW is right but I am hoping that Walgreens will not recommission the ScentBeads and we get back to Artisan next year. Fingers crossed!!!!

At least they did a redeliver and collect on the same day via Hermes so no trip to to the PO for me.

I emailed & complained and they have agreed to give me my p&p back and send a courier to collect the wrong item, so I'm a lot happier now. I did however have to ask them for my p&p back and for the courier they didn't offer it.

I've just finished this jar from the last ScentBeads trio, and I thought I would share a photo of how it has burnt...

IMAG1186.jpg

I am a Yankee Candle fan and bought these Scent Beads when they were first shown on QVC - do I like them? NO......:mysmilie_51:
They were made out to be as good as the normal large/medium jars but they certainly are NOT. They tunnel terribly despite trimming the wick etc. One of them tunnelled so bad, I had to keep chopping parts of it off otherwise it kept putting the flame out. I suppose that this could be used in a tart/melt burner if you have one, but I do not anymore as I got fed up with wax splatters from it so thought I would just stick to the jars now.

Latest posts

Back