Yankee Candle TSV 07/05/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I definitely think Yankee have changed the formula for their votives. They smell of absolutely nothing when you burn them, however, if you smash them up and burn them in a tart burner they do actually give off some scent. Waste of time for me. I hope they do a nice burner like they did in the old days and lots of the new tarts in a big selection box. £40 on 4 easy peasy pays. Sold.

CC

Just reading this thread whilst burning red raspberry votive. It has quite a strong scent. I like large jars for when I know I will really love a fragrance. Like to either have a recommendation or try a votive first before buying. I like the tarts too. I won't light a large jar unless I have a long time for the wax to hit the sides. Votives are perfect for a short burst of fragrance even if it's just for an hour before you go to bed.

The problem is the throw depends on which one you go for as definitely some are much weaker than others.

When I buy the Q bumper sets of votives I aim to like about 80%of what's in it. The ones I don't like I burn in my mixology holder thingy. 3 otherwise yukky votives melt together to make a more pleasant smell that is great for masking cooking smells in the kitchen!

I have been burning Wild Pansies out of the floral set mentioned on here earlier, it has been burning most of the day in a small room and I can hardly smell it, but yet the other day it was burning and I could smell it before entering the room, also had the cherry blossom burning in my kitchen and that does not seem very strong either. I have trimmed the wicks regularly and use shades but have been really disappointed with them, the melts seem much stronger to me, but i find it hard to resist a large jar if I try a new scent in a melt and like it

The new scents have such s poor throw, it's crazy! Tried a couple of the 'new this year' tarts, and with tarts you always get at least 8 hours of great throw out of them, but after an initial 4 hour burn when I've come to burning them for the second time there is hardly anything coming from them. And these are tarts, the things with the best throw of all! Dread to think how poor the candles are.

Latest posts

Back