Yong Kim

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Just flicking through the channels ..Yong Kim dress £169!!!!!! .... and a waistcoat that puts me in mind of a tea towel £90.96 !! I`d love to know what I`m missing but for the life of me can`t see anything that warrants the prices Perhaps its my age :( and where`s Ingrid have I missed why she isn`t fronting the brand anymore?

Bored, so been having a quick look - that asymmetric tunic in white is practically see-through and looks really cheap & nasty, although I love the colour of the musk one. But what have they done to that poor model's chest? Very unflattering. And what HAS DF got on her feet???? :confused:

Bored, so been having a quick look - that asymmetric tunic in white is practically see-through and looks really cheap & nasty, although I love the colour of the musk one. But what have they done to that poor model's chest? Very unflattering. And what HAS DF got on her feet???? :confused:

They seem to be the in thing peep toe boots for the presenters and guests as Ally Keenan had some on the other day ...personally don`t see the point you can`t wear them in winter and who wants to wear boots in summer???
DF compared the brand to the Lulu Guinness range of bags ...I think trying to justify the price saying they like to try to cater for everyone !!

I didnt watch........Yong Kim is becoming a bit of an obsession with me ,not in a good way....... Whenever I set eyes on them I am baffled all over again as to why these bedraggled looking clothes are so popular especially given the price. I have tried them and sent back they are not worth the money in my opinion.

A Yong Kim modal top is no different than a modal top you buy on the dreaded high street, oh wait sorry there is about £100 as for the name you pay for spiel, who outside of QVC have ever heard of the brand Yong Kim? Just another sales ploy to which many fall for.

Can't stand the look of the clothes and could never stand the patronising Ingrid Tarrant, either. I've got dish cloths and tea towels that are more attractive than Pong Dim clothes (and that's after they've been washed 10 times, too). Although from comments on here it seems she's not so high-profile with fronting this brand?:wonder:

A Yong Kim modal top is no different than a modal top you buy on the dreaded high street, oh wait sorry there is about £100 as for the name you pay for spiel, who outside of QVC have ever heard of the brand Yong Kim? Just another sales ploy to which many fall for.

Another YK hour .They are talking about how YK is a real person , they know some people dont believe it.Ann Dawson said "she is very much a real person ,she sorted me out for a wedding and I will talk about that later"

Another YK hour .They are talking about how YK is a real person , they know some people dont believe it.Ann Dawson said "she is very much a real person ,she sorted me out for a wedding and I will talk about that later"

I hope her wedding outfit was better than her outfit tonight ...she looks like Bilbo Baggins:giggle:

I watch very little QVC but, why on yong Kim shows, do presenters mention "she is a real person, she does exist"? Is this in doubt?

I have never seen yong kim before, absolute tat, I see better in bon marche at 1/10 of the price. Looks tat as well. I can`t believe that people buy this stuff. £132 for a cheap looking tunic that would make anyone look fat. Now a plain fabric is on and it is thin and see through, I can see the trousers underneath, not flattering on the bustline at all, it even makes the model look frumpy

snip, to me it's the Emperor's new clothes syndrome, but according to Debbie Flint if you don't "get" Yong Kim, there's something lacking. I'd say it means you've got eyeballs and a brain if you don't "get it", because to me it's an overpriced con. And if Yong Kim is real, why is he/she so reticent to appear in person and why are the presenters so defensive on the subject? Makes no sense.

I have never seen yong kim before, absolute tat, I see better in bon marche at 1/10 of the price. Looks tat as well. I can`t believe that people buy this stuff. £132 for a cheap looking tunic that would make anyone look fat. Now a plain fabric is on and it is thin and see through, I can see the trousers underneath, not flattering on the bustline at all, it even makes the model look frumpy

i dont like the whole range some of it is not great but some of its quite nice. and it must sell as its a range qvc have been airing for a long time.

i dont like the whole range some of it is not great but some of its quite nice. and it must sell as its a range qvc have been airing for a long time

Definitely, Boffy - no matter how baffling some of us find the appeal of this range - it clearly has a customer base.

One thing Debbie mentioned yesterday was a QVC policy of "Good, Better, Best"... the implication being that YK fits into the "Best" category.

Definitely, Boffy - no matter how baffling some of us find the appeal of this range - it clearly has a customer base.

One thing Debbie mentioned yesterday was a QVC policy of "Good, Better, Best"... the implication being that YK fits into the "Best" category.

BEST!!! What a joke! This stuff looks like rags. The fabric looks so thin it has to be baggy otherwise it would show every little lump. Awful ,awful "fashion". And if this falls into the " BEST" category of clothing that QVC offer then l do not want to see what that class's as the more affordable ranges. Who in all honesty would buy their clothes from QVC?

BEST!!! What a joke! This stuff looks like rags. The fabric looks so thin it has to be baggy otherwise it would show every little lump. Awful ,awful "fashion". And if this falls into the " BEST" category of clothing that QVC offer then l do not want to see what that class's as the more affordable ranges. Who in all honesty would buy their clothes from QVC?

Clearly there are people who do. Not necessarily all their clothes.... though they did mention one customer who contacted them (not sure how, as I just came in at the end of the presentation) and she had 31 YK pieces.

I've ordered and returned one YK dress, and will never again try. The quality was excellent (not that crinkle), but it was dreadful on my bodyshape. I have had more success with other ranges on QVC, and I have items from Kim & Co, Nina Leonard, Antthony, Women with Control, Ronit Zilkha, Isaac Mizrahi, Casual & Co and even Michelle Hope.

i have one young kim dress and the fabric is soft, comfortable and washes well. the cut of the dress is sublime. its like a bobble hem on one side and has folds on the other side. i wear is at least 3 times a week. its casual a bit smart. i put a statement piece of jewellery on some leather pumps and its dressy. anather time i will wear the platform birkenstocks and a small kipling bag and its casual. i know it will last me years. i get a lot of comments because its different.

I do get it, some people love and adore it and obviously see something in the range which I don't.It doesn't suit my body shape at all.I can't imagine walking around in what Ann Dawson was wearing in yesterday's show,to me it looked hideous.i wanted to hear her anecdote about YK being a real person but couldn't watch the whole show (even without Ingrid).

If she is a real woman, I don't mean a QVC "real woman" I mean an actual real woman, why hasn't she never gone on QVC and thanked her loyal following? What is it? is she not real? shy? embarrassed? She could always ring up the studio. I personally don't think she exists, there's another designer called Yong Kim when you Google but it's not her, so I'm wondering are they hoping people think it's the same person, without coming out and saying otherwise? I don't know it all seems a bit sus to me, I personally think it's a brand like someone once said on here, and not a person.

YK is an acquired taste and I get that but much like any other fashion style, there are people who suit it and people who think they suit it. AD looked awful in last night`s get up but whether the outfit was her own choice or whether she was told to wear it, I guess we`ll never know.
DF seems to genuinely like the brand but I`ve never seen her look good in any of it. She teams it with awful leggings or dreadful shoes and her short, dumpy frame and thick legs do her no favours when she wears it.
Ingrid just looks a mess in it, however she tries and whichever pieces she wears. She does overkill, too many layers and too many colours in one outfit.
The models sometimes look as if they`re inbetween outfits with their white skinny jeans or nude court shoes and then a YK top, it doesn`t gel and often doesn`t look right. A total conflict of styles IMO and one mocks the other.
I guess apart from the price, there are few people who can actually carry the clothes and look good in them and wear them as the supposed designer ( if she exists ) acrually visualizes them to be worn. I`ve said it before, give a YK dress to an 18 year old, let her loose with accessories and she`d wear it better than anybody we see on Q. Probably with Doc boots, striped tights, pork pie hat, camouflage belt and big rucksack or something along those lines but YK prices certainly aren`t for students. The prices are for mature women but IMO the styling isn`t. If YK exists then she`d do herself a big favour by showing the World exactly how she thinks her designs should be worn and the true image she`s trying to portray. To me it all looks a tad jumbled and totally confusing when YK shows are on air.

Latest posts

Back