TJC Gold Exchange

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi

I havent used TJC service but last year I sent off a parcel to one of those companies advertising on telly, they sent a cheque for £75 and I phoned and told them to send the gold back to me which they advertised they would do within 7 days.After 7 days no gold sent back it took about 4 phone calls and a threat to report them ASA before I eventually got the gold back.A while later took the same bag to a dealer trading in a hotel and got £300 I didnt haggle so maybe could have got more.I would now be wary of sending gold away as when they have it I felt they had the control over it.Be aware in my terms and conditions that if the gold sent back to me had been lost it would only have been insured for the amount valued by the company i.e.£75 .I would like to emphasise this company was not TJC who I believe are doing this in association with the assay office but it has made me wary of repeating this postal system.I feel angry towards the origional company I dealt with as in these times some people are desperate and maybe take the cheque offered not realising they could have got much more.

I've not used the tv companys because I figure they have massive costs to pay for their adverts so would probably be skimpy with what they offer. I have used WBOG who used to advertise on the forum, and they are very good because they accept all kinds of jewellery and I've always been happy with what I was offered. TJC are only interested in having gold and platinum and won't take anything set with stones which is rather limiting.

I wonder if, when they were planning this, they considered something like a new for old scheme. xxxxx

hi all
I requested the pack from TJC after making a decision to get rid of all my Diamonique mounted 14ct, 18ct gold and platinum jewellery. I have other bashed up bits of 22 ct gold that I am sending as well.

fyi, TJC parcels have an insurance value of £2,500 (silver special delivery) If you want to up the insurance you need to pay for this as a top up. Instead I just asked for a second pack which TJC sent to me.
I have not sent off the packs as yet. I have been a bit busy. I have selected the call me first option rather than send me a cheque and will let you know the outcome.

Kind regards Sapphireblue

That's interesting SB because there was a leaflet in with my last order about their gold exchange and it categorically said on it not to send silver items or jewellery set with precious or semi precious stones. :wonder:

Hi PPC,

Thanks for this info.
I have taken out most of the diamonique stones with a jewellery pliers. I was under the impression that if you sent in gemstone mounted in metal they will not return the gemstones.
As most of the metal hold diamonique, I was not too fussed about getting any back
I will have another look at the paperwork.

Sapphireblue

Latest posts

Back