Repatriated Soldiers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
Just too sad for words today, sympathy to everyone involved.

I always spare a thought for the aircrew, they must feel dreadful knowing the grief unleashed when they come into view.

When I left school I was a nanny for a family who had two boys they both went into the army the youngest sadly died when the tank he was in was blown up he was 26 years old this was in Bosnia in 1995 and the whole of the village and surrounding town was in total shock to lose one of your own was awful and the image of seeing his coffin being carried off the plane was so very sad .Many hundreds have come home like this since and I could still weep to see the coffins being carried off the aircraft .

Milly
When I was in my teens I had a boyfriend for two years and he was in the Army at the height of the troubles in Northern Ireland some of his company lost their lives there. I used to dread the news coming on incase there was something from the part he was stationed.

I remember when he came home on leave we were in town walking to the picture house when a car backfired he dived into a doorway pulling me with him, he was so embarrassed.

Every life lost is a life too many.

Every life lost is a life too many
Piper that is so true
I know everyone with a loved one in these war zones feel that dread when there's news of a soldier/soldiers killed and its not just the mums and dads brothers sisters and partners its surprising how many others are affected like other relations friends neighbours etc and so many of these young people are going to come home mentally damaged by their experiances in ways others cant see .
I think although we are behind our troops we all feel this war like most wars will not be worth the sacrifice of losing our young men and women

Latest posts

Back