PDA

View Full Version : Sally Jacks

Mommabear
18-12-2012, 04:38 PM
She has just defended the price of their P&P. According to her it is worth every penny as you save on petrol, parking and queues!!!

bidtvbs
18-12-2012, 04:41 PM
She pays 8 an hour for parking so I suppose for her Bid is cheaper.

cheesecake
18-12-2012, 04:42 PM
For 7.99, we could drive the 14 miles to our nearest big City, pay for an hours parking and pay for the petrol there and back, where we would have a much better and bigger choice of quality items. She's just a screaming harpy anyway :P and........cue Kat..........

Mommabear
18-12-2012, 04:42 PM

Oh yeah of course :giggle:

Wirral70
18-12-2012, 04:48 PM

Dosen't she live in Burnley?

According to the Burnley Council website it costs 80p an hour to park. In fact it only costs between 3.50 - 5 to park for 3 hours+.

Hmmm.

http://www.burnley.gov.uk/site/scripts/download_info.php?fileID=4346

petpixie
18-12-2012, 04:50 PM
She's got a face you wouldn't tire of slapping.

Mommabear
18-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Dosen't she live in Burnley?

According to the Burnley Council website it costs 80p an hour to park. In fact it only costs 5 to park for 3 hours+.

Hmmm.

http://www.burnley.gov.uk/site/scripts/download_info.php?fileID=4346

She can't shop there then. It must be London prices surely?

Wirral70
18-12-2012, 04:55 PM
She can't shop there then. It must be London prices surely?

I guess so, i'm sure she wouldn't be exaggerating.

Woosie
18-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Some of the bigger shopping centres i.e Westfield in London do charge extortionate rates but even so, for her 8 she can park all day, eat and more importantly buy more than ONE item and not wait 5 days for it to get there.

Paul_s
18-12-2012, 06:26 PM
LMAO! I parked in town for 1.50 today.

Parked in Sainsburys for more Christmas gifts... cost = 0.00.

No queues either!

Blue star
19-12-2012, 09:31 AM
to hear "shouting sally " talk she shops in burnley all the time i also shop there and i have never paid 8.00 for parking i wonder were she parks for that i feel that burnley borough council would be rubbing its hands if parking was 8.00 per visit come on sally who are you kidding stop giving us from lancashire a bad name get real !!!!!!!

Paul_s
19-12-2012, 10:02 AM
to hear "shouting sally " talk she shops in burnley all the time i also shop there and i have never paid 8.00 for parking i wonder were she parks for that i feel that burnley borough council would be rubbing its hands if parking was 8.00 per visit come on sally who are you kidding stop giving us from lancashire a bad name get real !!!!!!!

Don't you know? Our Sally is good chums with the Mayor. 8 per hour in his spot (when he's out at a function/lunchoen on the public's money) + 1.53 phone call charges if her car is towed away (some of the parking wardens don't have a clue who Sally Flapjack is hence her car being towed away).

Sally also has a personal shopper who goes with her around Burnley. You can hear them both talking upto 10 miles away.

Blue star
19-12-2012, 11:00 AM
i bet its not a personal shopper its a body guard to keep all thoses bid shoppers from tackling her about the crap she shouts about and the mega expensive p&p

earwig
20-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Some of the bigger shopping centres i.e Westfield in London do charge extortionate rates but even so, for her 8 she can park all day, eat and more importantly buy more than ONE item and not wait 5 days for it to get there.

we were shopping in westfields in stratford last tuesday and the 1st 2 hours are free and to park for 24hrs is only 5 so dont know where screaming
sally is parking

Wirral70
20-12-2012, 04:51 PM
The fact that Sally Jaxx repeatedly keeps saying that you 'might' still get items delivered for christmas is proof these channels are ruthless and cynical.

A decent retailer with anything about them wouldn't dream of mentioning 'possible' christmas delivery, shameful.

Anyway it's looks like everything has gone bellyup with the transmissions so that has stopped Jaxx in her dodgy tracks ha ha, justice at last! :happy:

Edit:- It's back on now, she is selling that absolutely grotesque Rosa Benini sack, sorry handbag.

Wirral70
20-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Not the 1 copied from the George & Mildred prop wardrobe? Even the front buckle is scewed! I'd need sunglasses to even look at it in the same room lol!

It really is awful, it genuinely looks like it was thrown together and someone has glued bits of foil onto it. A true 70's classic.

It gives me an urge to have Findus Crispy Pancakes with Smash followed by Arctic Roll for my tea.

Wirral70
20-12-2012, 05:21 PM
What the feck is "Carisse selame"?? I thought it was Coryse salome? I haven't seen it in the shops just saw Claire their quest beauty lady, (who is actually quite informative), talk about the brand a few weeks back. Shame, she isn't presenting now lol.

It's just yet another bog standard 'brand' that they make out to be a premium product, it's available in all the usual places (Amazon, ebay, CheapSmells etc etc) for a few quid.

What is going on at Bid Towers, it's been cut off again. Maybe they're getting evicted by their Landlord ha ha!

Wirral70
20-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Well, I didn't like to say Wirral but....Didn't Auction World experience similar errr "off air periods" prior to packing their bags & being booted off tv? Power cut difficulties Mikey just said? I saw someone's coat walking across the Bid sign whilst they were off air lol.

Quite, given all that would you believe them when they say they will now guarantee xmas delivery for anything ordered tonight? I wouldn't!

Have you heard Mason going on about what the experts like Tanzanite 1 and Lapigems say about Tanzanite?

Mike, why don't you tell us what Lapigems say about Shopping Channels and 'AAAA' Tanzanite, quote:- 'The top grade (the best 1%) of Tanzanite has traditionally been called AAA Tanzanite in the trade. AAAA is purely an attempt to differentiate Tanzanite sold on TV and hype it up. The truth of it is that any channel dealing in volume (as most do) cannot claim to be selling the very top grade of Tanzanite'

Mommabear
20-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Hmmm 89.99 for a AAA tanzy silver ring with easi buy guaranteed for Christmas........shall I.......or shan't I?

For a kick off, I havent' even heard the ring size mentioned

Wirral70
20-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Hmmm 89.99 for a AAA tanzy silver ring with easi buy guaranteed for Christmas........shall I.......or shan't I?

For a kick off, I havent' even heard the ring size mentioned

The size dosen't matter Momma just think of the investment possibilities?

The ring on screen now is 69.99 on the website and free delivery, lets see what the wideboy tries to leech out of people.

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/0.95ct-AAA-Tanzanite-%26-Black-Diamond-Trilogy-Ring--Set-in-Rhodium-Plated-Sterling-Silver---Size-P/GV136980/ProductDetail.raction

Ha Ha, they tried it on at virtually double the web price and not one person bit, now it's 29p cheaper than on the site!

Mommabear
20-12-2012, 05:50 PM
The size dosen't matter Momma just think of the investment possibilities?

The ring on screen now is 69.99 on the website and free delivery, lets see what the wideboy tries to leech out of people.

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/0.95ct-AAA-Tanzanite-%26-Black-Diamond-Trilogy-Ring--Set-in-Rhodium-Plated-Sterling-Silver---Size-P/GV136980/ProductDetail.raction

69.70......bargain!!!!!!! Go go go

Wirral70
20-12-2012, 05:55 PM
69.70......bargain!!!!!!! Go go go

Have you noticed they are only guaranteeing xmas delivery for orders off the TV Channel?

I suspect they will really try it on and hike the website price and see if anyone falls for it, if all else fails they'll just drop it to the web price.

Mommabear
They aren't selling that many tho' are they, serves them right! Black diamonds are at the cheapest end of the market. Mikey says that ring should be sold in "the regal crown jewells or summink" classy!

They had a few left. It's 96.49 with them on Amazon.

Wirral70
They aren't selling that many tho' are they, serves them right! Black diamonds are at the cheapest end of the market. Mikey says that ring should be sold in "the regal crown jewells or summink" classy!

Yes Nikki I heard that too, hilarious!

Mommabear
20-12-2012, 05:57 PM
This last one is 153.49 on their Amazon shop

Mommabear
20-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Mikeysaid he's "saved the best 'till last", so does that mean that everyone else who bought the others feel utter mugs for believing his earlier piffle? Bet the said purchasers are delighted lol!

Probably cos it's 'gold' :happy:

Mommabear
20-12-2012, 06:05 PM
87.50....almost half the price of their Amazon price

Woosie
20-12-2012, 06:37 PM
we were shopping in westfields in stratford last tuesday and the 1st 2 hours are free and to park for 24hrs is only 5 so dont know where screaming
sally is parking

That's certainly cheaper than when I last went there but then again all these shopping centres are under such stiff competition from Bid TV that they have to do something to get the shoppers back through the door!

Flying Pigs
12-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Kimberley Marie?

Greg
13-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Ah! Kimbulehh!

Adam82
18-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Get her off dreadful person I'm afraid she's becoming like she owns the place.

Ilovebid
18-01-2013, 08:07 PM
She has just defended the price of their P&P. According to her it is worth every penny as you save on petrol, parking and queues!!!

She spot on!

bidtvbs
18-01-2013, 08:30 PM
She spot on!

For her it's worth shopping from bid - you're spot on, that's because she pays 8 an hour to park her car!

Hillary
19-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Wasn't she, for a little while, in one of those 'reformed' pop groups until they chucked her out? Is she the one?

Paul_s
19-01-2013, 08:47 AM
The retailers I bought from this year via the internet did FREE P&P & FREE RETURNS TOO! The woman makes it up as she goes along imo!

If our Sally parks in her native hometown of Blackburn then she is telling porky pies as of last year Blackburn Council introduced FREE parking for all day Saturday. (it's still free upto 31st March 2013 when it will be 'reviewed'. Similar schemes are opeating in other Lancashire towns too!

Other times;

1.20 for two hours
2.30 for four hours

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/9794559.Free_Saturday_parking_in_Blackburn_town_ce ntre/

Liar liar your bums on fire Sally :wonder:

Enigma
19-01-2013, 12:13 PM
She spot on!

:clapping:

Hillary
25-01-2013, 12:22 PM
It's only just struck me and I don't mean to be snitty or rude, it is a genuine observation...

... Has anyone else noticed that Sally Jacks and Mark Rye(s?) could be related. In fact, put him in drag and you have Sally

Wirral70
25-01-2013, 12:31 PM
It's only just struck me and I don't mean to be snitty or rude, it is a genuine observation...

... Has anyone else noticed that Sally Jacks and Mark Rye(s?) could be related. In fact, put him in drag and you have Sally

I think it's because they both have very prominent noses and are diminutive in size (both have big mouths though).

It's incredulous to think of Mark Ryes in drag though, far too butch.

Mommabear
25-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Hmmm have they ever been on together at the same time? :wonder:

Wirral70
25-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Hmmm have they ever been on together at the same time? :wonder:

Never seen them on together Momma but it's not a nice thought.

Better than Jacks and George at the same time though, that simply dosen't bear thinking about.

Mommabear
25-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Never seen them on together Momma but it's not a nice thought.

Better than Jacks and George at the same time though, that simply dosen't bear thinking about.

I've got a headache coming on just imagining it :rolleyes:

Wirral70
25-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I've got a headache coming on just imagining it :rolleyes:

I've got palpitations coming on just imaging it :eek:

Mommabear
25-01-2013, 01:37 PM
I've got palpitations coming on just imaging it :eek:

..........and breath..........:mysmilie_466:

Wirral70
25-01-2013, 02:23 PM
..........and breath..........:mysmilie_466:

Quite Momma, they would sap the life out of you through utter despair!

Hillary
25-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Quite Momma, they would sap the life out of you through utter despair!

Would someone fetch Momma's pink pills please.

Enigma
25-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Would someone fetch Momma's pink pills please.

Zotrim?

:giggle:

deedee
31-01-2013, 02:14 PM
I have to tell you all this coz it struck me as so funny.
I'm working from home today with Bid on in the background and it's Sally Jaxx doing a fashion slot.
My other half (the quietest, most unassuming person you could meet) doesn't really pay much attention to my shopping telly but he walked in the room and uttered 'oh no, it's gobby again, can you mute her'!! :clapping: :grin:

Wirral70
31-01-2013, 02:27 PM
I have to tell you all this coz it struck me as so funny.
I'm working from home today with Bid on in the background and it's Sally Jaxx doing a fashion slot.
My other half (the quietest, most unassuming person you could meet) doesn't really pay much attention to my shopping telly but he walked in the room and uttered 'oh no, it's gobby again, can you mute her'!! :clapping: :grin:

Ha Ha, well your partner is certainly right there DeeDee!

I know Sally has a claxon of a mouth, and that she has been known to lay it on with a trowel before now but I don't personally consider her to be one of the real 'Bid Baddies'.

But my goodness for a little lady she sure announces herself :eek:

deedee
31-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Ha Ha, well your partner is certainly right there DeeDee!

I know Sally has a claxon of a mouth, and that she has been known to lay it on with a trowel before now but I don't personally consider her to be one of the real 'Bid Baddies'.

But my goodness for a little lady she sure announces herself :eek:

yep she sure does!!
she's not the worst 'baddy' but definitely has the biggest gob and one of the worst screechiest voices ever.........like nails down a blackboard!
I think the other half pays more attention than I give him credit for!!

Wirral70
31-01-2013, 03:07 PM
yep she sure does!!
she's not the worst 'baddy' but definitely has the biggest gob and one of the worst screechiest voices ever.........like nails down a blackboard!
I think the other half pays more attention than I give him credit for!!

Compared to the appalling Caroline Lyndsay and Nicola 'Lola' George i'd say that Sally is almost angelic.

But still very loud though! Foghorn ha ha.

Greg
31-01-2013, 04:00 PM
i know her mouth could be filled by some very large appendages, I do actually quite like her. Just keep her away from the evening slots when I want to doze off once a while.

newtobid
31-01-2013, 04:11 PM
not a baddie?

recently she has started to tow the line with the p+p and call charges

however previously other than simon she was the absolute worst for saying things like get 7 for 7p

Wirral70
31-01-2013, 04:19 PM
not a baddie?

recently she has started to tow the line with the p+p and call charges

however previously other than simon she was the absolute worst for saying things like get 7 for 7p

Of course you are absolutely correct NTB, in fact I believe I have posted to that effect. Looking back Sally was indeed one of the worst for the multibuy monstrosity.

I guess I was really talking about her product descriptions, thankfully the P+P seems to be less of a problem now but only because they were pulled.

tristar
02-02-2013, 06:44 PM
On the Blue Magic slot, she says you need to wear gloves, but that is the same as with any cleaning things you buy from the supermarket'

Well, is it? If I get the flash out or fairy liquid, I dont need to wear protective gloves!

tristar
02-02-2013, 06:56 PM
She is repeating over again, how you need to wear the gloves. I think they must have hammered this point to the presenters. Covering their backs?

Enigma
09-02-2013, 09:23 PM
i know her mouth could be filled by some very large appendages, I do actually quite like her. Just keep her away from the evening slots when I want to doze off once a while.

Er... :wait:

Krlsthjckl
12-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Er... :wait:

Dont say you wouldnt...

tony73
12-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Everytime l see her on all she keeps going about is being 'larger busted' :clapping:

Pola
12-02-2013, 07:11 PM
We don't exactly need reminding :giggle:

Enigma
12-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Everytime l see her on all she keeps going about is being 'larger busted' :clapping:

What she means is that she's a big tit.

Has anyone else seen the "Boudoir lingerie" our Sal was selling tonight?

Looked like something old pervs would order from the naughty ads in the back of a tabloid.

Also, why would you want pockets in your knickers? :wonder:

merryone
12-02-2013, 09:15 PM
What she means is that she's a big tit.

Has anyone else seen the "Boudoir lingerie" our Sal was selling tonight?

Looked like something old pervs would order from the naughty ads in the back of a tabloid.

Also, why would you want pockets in your knickers? :wonder:

To keep your earnings in?!

Wirral70
13-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Is it just me but has anyone else noticed how differently Sally behaves when she hands over to anyone else but James Russell? She is really friendly and chatty but seems to totally clam up when handing to the influential and persuasive one.

Mommabear
13-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Is it just me but has anyone else noticed how differently Sally behaves when she hands over to anyone else but James Russell? She is really friendly and chatty but seems to totally clam up when handing to the influential and persuasive one.

Maybe she fancies him and is awestruck :smirk:

Wirral70
13-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Maybe she fancies him and is awestruck :smirk:

There's something Momma. History maybe?

Or more likely just a genuine loathing of him :giggle:

earwig
13-02-2013, 03:00 PM
why o why o why does she keep bloody saying very very very very all the time? its so very very very very annoying!
god shes just said it again as im typing 'very very very very nice' AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Pola
13-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Is she selling Agent Provocateur perfume again today? I wanted to listen again. I'm sure she got Agent P and (the) Sex (boutique) mixed up yesterday, but I was only half listening. I'm sure she said AP was started/founded by Malcolm McLaren. AFAIK he had nothing to do with it? He founded 'Sex'.

earwig
13-02-2013, 03:29 PM
thats amazing amazing amazing and according to sally the cherrys give you the anti-oxygens whatever they are?

Wirral70
13-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Is she selling Agent Provocateur perfume again today? I wanted to listen again. I'm sure she got Agent P and (the) Sex (boutique) mixed up yesterday, but I was only half listening. I'm sure she said AP was started/founded by Malcolm McLaren. AFAIK he had nothing to do with it? He founded 'Sex'.

I did hear her say something about Malcolm McLaren when she was doing the AP but like you I wasn't fully concentrating. However, I think she was talking about how he had a knack to do shock marketing, like AP.

I'm not totally sure though.

Mommabear
13-02-2013, 03:48 PM

McLaren instigated the group (Sex Pistols) and became its agent provocateur

Wirral70
15-02-2013, 04:10 PM
I just saw something you don't often see on Bid, a piece of jewellery being undersold.

Sally kept saying a ring was sterling silver plated when in fact it was solid silver with rhodium plating.

Wonders never cease.

Krlsthjckl
15-02-2013, 06:00 PM
She was screaming at people to buy some random body lotion @ 3.45 today - hilarious

Bless her - shes hot.