Thomas Brookes suit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
Mikey had this on last night, three piece suit for £50.

He would have no problem in buying a suit such as this and paying a bit extra to get it more tailored to his shape.

But then he says that he pays 'in the high end of three figures' for his. :smirk:

I watched some of this myself, and it was amazing to see Mikey claim that he would only spend lots of money on a suit along with a fitting service. His personal suit-buying preferences were somehow 'connected' with a tag hanging off a very cheap-looking off the peg suit sold via a shopping channel that we were supposed to want to buy instead, because using his logic he would steer well clear of what he was actually selling. Very strange!

Also saw his Klaus Kobec watch presentation and they had no problem shifting a gold tone watch for more than £80 probably because he kept saying: "I don't like that watch; I LOVE it!" (quite convincingly it has to be said, so he must have liked the overall look of it). From memory, at no point in the sale did he mention gold tone, and although I wasn't paying that much attention to the sale at the time, I thought that it was gold plated until I read the on-screen product description towards the end of the sale. Perhaps a new deception is to never mention at all what the watch looks like or what it could be made of, which is just as bad as not mentioning p&p despite the fact it's displayed on the screen (as is hopefully what the watch is made of).

Verbal product descriptions are just as important as the on-screen captioning, and it's all too easy to listen to the presenter without reading the screen. This is why it's important for the presenter to verbally mention things like p&p unlike what some people seem to think.

Plus whilst on the subject of Mikey Mason, during the Eco-stepper electric bike presentation he pretended to be surprised at the small size of the charging adaptor. He's probably sold this bike many times before, therefore stop deceiving the viewers Mike - how are we supposed to believe anything else he says as a consequence? At least Paul Becque has the honesty to say that he has sold this bike several times before.

Mike Mason has a sub-text in his presentations which is that he,Mike,is more successful and affluent than the people he is selling to.(i.e you)
This is not actually good sales technique (you should position yourself at the same level as the prospect) but Mike is so vain and pleased with with himself that he can't resist.
He is thus compelled to tell you how much he pays for his suits and fragrances ect which actually creates mixed signals during his presentations.
A good example was a pair of Thomas Brooks shoes where he suddenly said 'but you wouldn't wear them would you Mike?-well I am wearing them'..camera pans to Mike's feet.
The point is that he felt the need to disaccosiate himself from the product in case any in case anyone might think he would actually wear plastic shoes.

Mike Mason has a sub-text in his presentations which is that he,Mike,is more successful and affluent than the people he is selling to.(i.e you)
This is not actually good sales technique (you should position yourself at the same level as the prospect) but Mike is so vain and pleased with with himself that he can't resist.
He is thus compelled to tell you how much he pays for his suits and fragrances ect which actually creates mixed signals during his presentations.
A good example was a pair of Thomas Brooks shoes where he suddenly said 'but you wouldn't wear them would you Mike?-well I am wearing them'..camera pans to Mike's feet.
The point is that he felt the need to disaccosiate himself from the product in case any in case anyone might think he would actually wear plastic shoes.

Yes he'd wear them but he wouldn't 'own' them :wink:

He is vain and pleased with himself isn't he? With his mantra of 'dress well, smell nice and smile' he strikes me that he thinks he's a woman magnet giving out advice to those who wish they were him.

He's the Delboy type with the shaved head isn't he? Looks the type who would only wear a suit when they were in court.

agree with all of this

i did prefer mason to Russell

since the changes however Russell comes across a lot better ( he is on now and is being very honest polite and quite funny at times)

mason has just reverted to type

Looks the type who would only wear a suit when they were in court.

Sums him up quite nicely....

You're absolutely right. I'm glad other people have picked up on this.

The amount of times he gloats about how much he pays for stuff, before flogging a cheap alternative for the poor viewers at home is startling. He comes across as massively arrogant - his constant offering 'advice' for men on how to attract women is pretty nauseating. I'm afraid I think he comes across as a thoroughly narcissistic and unpleasant person.

Miley was way ott on the curry get a grip mike or you end up FAT.Curry is fattening, he is obsessed with it.

Very good point. Also, he often likes to mention how he lives in the middle of the country in a remote village. I wonder if the value of the property has plummeted since? lol! , and how even in a 4x4 lady goddess could hardly move the car in the bad weather .On one hand telling us "riff raff" to get a shovel, bung some cringles on our trotters, a pair of T&K gloves and we're good to go, whilst telling us he's just phoned his Goddess to say "You ain't going nowhere today, Babes - it ain't safe!"

Latest posts

Back