Suarti price hike

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

igelkott

Registered Shopper
hi I just love Suarti pieces but two mint green rings that were 53ish and 83ish have now gone up to 60+ and £100+ how can this be? (wish I had bought them while they were cheaper!) the watch they are selling for 106 was origianlly only 70+.

Could be something to do with the pound being so weak just now.

There was a Tova item that I wanted to buy and the price had gone up by a third in the last few weeks.

I have noticed quite significant price increases with SW Silver too. I must admit it does put me off buying. In the present climate I find myself looking out for bargains and I am reluctant to pay more than usual for things that I consider non essential.

we had discussed this with dazzler as she loves the range and loads have gone up because the price of silver has gone up quite a bit as well as the pound being weak as well

Thast right SCW, the price of silver has gone up.

we had discussed this with dazzler as she loves the range and loads have gone up because the price of silver has gone up quite a bit as well as the pound being weak as well

And this is one of the effects of a global recession: precious metals go up in price! One of our posters highlighted this a while ago that imports will be more expensive rather than cheaper. Imports including food you buy in the supermarket.....

watching the Suarti show now and the rings they are showing are reminding me very much of some in the Sarah Bennett range on Rocks....gemset,very ornate and with the gold accents.

hi all,

The price rises seen on QVC are actually very reasonable - indeed, as an importer of Suarti jewellery I can tell you that they nowhere near reflect the actual rises in cost seen in the last year or so and I suspect, given the current economic climate, that QVC and/or Suarti have actually absorbed some of the rises, i.e. cut their profit margin, in order to hold prices down.

As to why the prices have risen there are two factors. First, you have to remember that silver, itself, and Indonesian jewellery is traded in US dollars.
  1. The price of silver. The cost of silver rocketed to nearly $20 US per ounce in 2007 and although it fell back to about $10 towards the end of the 2008 it is now rising again (currently $13-14). Also, in Indonesia the price is set by the government (not the open market) and they hold it artificially high. However, the silversmiths tend to buy well in advance so changes in price tend to lag behind the market, hence the rise of 18 months ago has only really started effecting prices in the last few months.
  2. The weakness of the pound. The value of the pound has dropped by approximately 30% against the dollar in the last year. So, for example, an item wholesaling at $10 cost £5 a year ago but now costs £7.20!

For a true idea of just how good the QVC prices are I suggest you check out the retail prices on Suarti's own site at www.suarti.com or Balinesia's sites, www.balinesia.net or, www.balinesianewyork.com or even our site at www.2bjewelled.com(Prices are pretty much the same on all though some of ours may be lower because we still have stock from before the recent price increases.)

PS. Sadly, we do not have the buying power of QVC and our prices are largely dictated by Suarti's own list prices so we hope you will understand if, perhaps, we sometimes appear a little uncompetitive compared to QVC.:(

The plus side is that you might find many items on our site that you probably have not seen on QVC. :)

PS. Sadly, we do not have the buying power of QVC and our prices are largely dictated by Suarti's own list prices so we hope you will understand if, perhaps, we sometimes appear a little uncompetitive compared to QVC.:(

The plus side is that you might find many items on our site that you probably have not seen on QVC. :)

I will have a look at your site later today, nice to see what other items you stock

Hi Bjewelled,

Please forgive me as I have no intention of being unfriendly, but I'm of the opinion that this is a chat/discussion forum, not a free advertising area. I'm sure Graham could accommodate you in the proper place and then we could see and discuss your own goods in the correct manner.

Once again, apologies for raising this, but I think it is only fair.

Argey

Hi Bjewelled,

Please forgive me as I have no intention of being unfriendly, but I'm of the opinion that this is a chat/discussion forum, not a free advertising area. I'm sure Graham could accommodate you in the proper place and then we could see and discuss your own goods in the correct manner.

Once again, apologies for raising this, but I think it is only fair.

Argey

Fair enough but you cannot blame me for trying, surely!

Anyway, I only posted the links so that people could see how reasonable QVC's prices are but then thought it needed some clarification; I do not think I was unduly promoting my own site but I apologize if I "overstepped the mark."

P.S. re. "your own goods" - I only sell Suarti Jewellery.

I would also add that my site has actually been discussed on this forum in the past without any personal input from myself.

Last edited:
hi all,

The price rises seen on QVC are actually very reasonable - indeed, as an importer of Suarti jewellery I can tell you that they nowhere near reflect the actual rises in cost seen in the last year or so and I suspect, given the current economic climate, that QVC and/or Suarti have actually absorbed some of the rises, i.e. cut their profit margin, in order to hold prices down.

As to why the prices have risen there are two factors. First, you have to remember that silver, itself, and Indonesian jewellery is traded in US dollars.
  1. The price of silver. The cost of silver rocketed to nearly $20 US per ounce in 2007 and although it fell back to about $10 towards the end of the 2008 it is now rising again (currently $13-14). Also, in Indonesia the price is set by the government (not the open market) and they hold it artificially high. However, the silversmiths tend to buy well in advance so changes in price tend to lag behind the market, hence the rise of 18 months ago has only really started effecting prices in the last few months.
  2. The weakness of the pound. The value of the pound has dropped by approximately 30% against the dollar in the last year. So, for example, an item wholesaling at $10 cost £5 a year ago but now costs £7.20!

For a true idea of just how good the QVC prices are I suggest you check out the retail prices on Suarti's own site at www.suarti.com or Balinesia's sites, www.balinesia.net or, www.balinesianewyork.com or even our site at www.2bjewelled.com(Prices are pretty much the same on all though some of ours may be lower because we still have stock from before the recent price increases.)

Could'nt agree more. I love the Suarti range and QVC pricing is still excellent even with the price increase. i am very happy to pay the prices for the lovely Suarti pieces. thanks for the info. It was what I imagined. xxx

I have looked on your website, you have some fab pieces on your site, and there are some that I have not seen on QVC. :32:

Funnily enough I was googling "suarti" last night and found your site before you posted. You do have some lovely pieces on there and I think your p&p was only £2.50 per order.

They also have a fab anklet on there as well fairynuff that looks rather cute!
I wish that I could find some bangles that go up your arm like the eyptions wore as love that look. I love the really bold pieces the bolder the better.

Latest posts

Back