Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

you are an expert though and bet you see stuff on here and TJC and go for it, problem is people myself have to rely on google searches etc and see if you believe them or not, i.e my question on those white Jade
Oh I'm far from an expert. Most of my knowledge is stuff I've learnt or picked up over the years. I have a genuine interest in gems and minerals, so information tends to just sink in easily - but there's plenty of technical stuff that I don't know and probably will never know. I don't have any letters after my name or formal qualifications.

That being said, somehow, Gemporia's presenters DO have letters after their name - so it can't be that difficult to get them.

Well I have just fired off another complaint about GEMSTV. I was listening to the total and utter crap coming out of Lyndsey’s gob for about five minutes all about a lapis lazuli bracelet. It was ALL about the magnificent, rare deep blue colour and she was in raptures over it. Then Big Jake popped up telling us that the colour raises the value and that it’s impossibly rare! This is just so much bullshittery seeing as it’s a dyed stone.I hope it’s upheld at least.

Good for you. Hopefully one day, the ASA will finally say "enough is enough" rather than giving them endless slaps on the wrist.

I am VERY close to reporting the 'Ruby Quartz' nonsense that has been on - but because I've reported Gemporia so many times in the past few months, I suspect the ASA will ignore my complaint.

Troth is flogging yet more Jadeite.

Some poor soul has just paid £3999 for this monstrosity.

What the hell is it supposed to be?

Screen Shot 02-10-24 at 06.37 PM.JPG

I was half expecting Troff to be offering some type of discs to hang from it.Maybe he missed a trick.I mean from the above posted ‘thingy’.
One of these genuine gemstone carvings you mean, from a well-known auction site? Plenty of "watchers" so there's a demand alright 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-10-19-00-38-563.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-02-10-19-00-38-563.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
but the occasional good piece at a good price appears now and again.
Not as often as in the past. I miss big collections of well-designed jewellery with gemstone clusters and good weight of silver. They used to produce beautiful rings with iolite, peridot, garnet, tourmaline etc.

Look at this. Every stone (iolite) comes in a different shape!

okwm75.jpg

Last edited:
Not as often as in the past. I miss big collections of well-designed jewellery with gemstone clusters and good weight of silver. They used to produce beautiful rings with iolite, peridot, garnet, tourmaline etc.

Look at this. Every stone (iolite) comes in a different shape!
I agree with TMWNN. Just have to be patient and choose more carefully than, perhaps, you might have done in the past. There are still some nice things.

I bought a bog-standard beaded Hawks Eye (grey Tigers Eye or, if you like, Tigers Eye is yellow Hawks Eye 😀) bracelet and necklace for someone who was after a bit of unfussy monochrome chic. Lovely chatoyancy in both pieces and the price was what they should have been and, although available elsewhere, the TGGC cert provided that "comfort" of it not being fake. I had to use the Jeff hours to get them as "Load From Codes" though and it took two attempts.

Kate had a lovely mixed tourmaline ring on recently. A nice elongated oval frame, with mixed size pave set colours. Quite elegant. Reasonable metal weight and price. I could see that being worn in the coming lighter evenings at a BBQ or outdoor concert. Sadly, it was in the Midas range.

There was a recent spat created by a forum user, who was calling some of us, who might post more frequently, trolls and "haters". Quite the opposite really. Bitten by the gem/mineral bug and interested, we're all just "Anti-BS-ers" essentially.

There was a recent spat created by a forum user, who was calling some of us, who might post more frequently, trolls and "haters". Quite the opposite really. Bitten by the gem/mineral bug and interested, we're all just "Anti-BS-ers" essentially.
The weird thing about it though, was that she had also been quite scathing of Gemporia in the past.

For some reason they, she just took offence to me suggesting that Gemporia had money issues - even though Stevie Wonder can see that there are issues, and even Steve Bennett confirmed it on air last March.

Totally bizarre.

The weird thing about it though, was that she had also been quite scathing of Gemporia in the past.

For some reason they, she just took offence to me suggesting that Gemporia had money issues - even though Stevie Wonder can see that there are issues, and even Steve Bennett confirmed it on air last March.

Totally bizarre.
What's even more amusing is that this person had been told numerous times that pointing out shopping telly issues, including presenters' BS and outright lies, is not against this forum's rules.

But now they've declared that they are on the side of "sensible" debate on this company. Even though this person has indeed been as vitriolic as anybody else on the subjects of Destello and Dave's neverending jade auctions (and lectures), has now taken to name calling people with opinions they don't like, and has tried their hardest to shut down any discussions of Gemporia's... Foibles, shall we say?

But as the late, great Victoria Wood once said: if we were all the same, there would be no need for boxes of biscuit assortments

Latest posts

Back