Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Troffers was reading out something today from a customer and the guy said that they had 160 jade bangles in their family collection, all bought from Gemporia. I don't even understand why anyone would do that apart from believing that they're sitting on a 'potential' fortune.
It's been niggling me but now I've got it. Curtain rings.

They're already expensive enough though - so paying import tax would surely make them even more ridiculously overpriced?
It depends. For example, some of Gemporia's customers live in Poland. But many Poles have relatives and friends in the United Kingdom. There are people who use their contacts in the UK to omit high shipping costs and bank margins. The parcels are sent from Gemporia to persons living in Britain. Some time later the real customers take the parcels during family meetings or social gatherings.

Going back to Jade...(GrahamBristol has posted about the Mabe pearl, so I won't steal his thunder)...and the subject of silliness.

- Image 1: Gemporia, just now, £69.99
- Image 2: eBay £999.00

Not a lookie-likie, the very same item.

OK, so the eBay seller isn't charging P&P but there's asking and...😬

(Kudos to DT on this one. Ellis, opening the section, referred to it as "white jadeite". DT immediately snapped back - and very quickly spoken - with "it's not jadeite, it's jade". Good on him, I say!)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-17-14-39-41-567.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-02-17-14-39-41-567.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-02-17-14-40-51-757.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-02-17-14-40-51-757.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 0
Going back to Jade...(GrahamBristol has posted about the Mabe pearl, so I won't steal his thunder)...and the subject of silliness.

- Image 1: Gemporia, just now, £69.99
- Image 2: eBay £999.00

Not a lookie-likie, the very same item.

OK, so the eBay seller isn't charging P&P but there's asking and...😬

(Kudos to DT on this one. Ellis, opening the section, referred to it as "white jadeite". DT immediately snapped back - and very quickly spoken - with "it's not jadeite, it's jade". Good on him, I say!)

Is that £999 the regular price though?

A lot of eBay business sellers put prices of items up to ridiculous prices, that they know people won't pay, when an item is out of stock because it keeps the listing active until they get new stock - then it avoids their listing incurring new fees plus the listing starting afresh from 30 days.

He's fully above board - no doubt about that.

However, for someone that is selling 'high end Jadeite' in the thousands of pounds bracket, his website is very unprofessional and amateur.

He's got the https://davidharryjewels.com domain name - but rather than having an email address such as [email protected], he's displaying a free Gmail email address.

Also, his terms and conditions pages are templates that he's forgotten to alter too. Such as this:

SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at [email protected].
Our contact information is posted below:
[INSERT TRADING NAME]
[email protected]
[INSERT BUSINESS ADDRESS]
[INSERT BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER]
[INSERT BUSINESS REGISTRATION NUMBER]
[INSERT VAT NUMBER]

It's a legal requirement to display a business registration address and VAT number on a business website.

It comes across as very amateur and unprofessional for someone aiming their products at people with a fair bit of money to spend.

Is that £999 the regular price though?

A lot of eBay business sellers put prices of items up to ridiculous prices, that they know people won't pay, when an item is out of stock because it keeps the listing active until they get new stock - then it avoids their listing incurring new fees plus the listing starting afresh from 30 days.
Gotcha. That makes sense.

He's fully above board - no doubt about that.

However, for someone that is selling 'high end Jadeite' in the thousands of pounds bracket, his website is very unprofessional and amateur.

He's got the https://davidharryjewels.com domain name - but rather than having an email address such as [email protected], he's displaying a free Gmail email address.

Also, his terms and conditions pages are templates that he's forgotten to alter too. Such as this:

SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at [email protected].
Our contact information is posted below:
[INSERT TRADING NAME]
[email protected]
[INSERT BUSINESS ADDRESS]
[INSERT BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER]
[INSERT BUSINESS REGISTRATION NUMBER]
[INSERT VAT NUMBER]

It's a legal requirement to display a business registration address and VAT number on a business website.

It comes across as very amateur and unprofessional for someone aiming their products at people with a fair bit of money to spend.

Sorry I meant does he declare to viewers what he is selling as a special piece of crap from DAVID HARRY Jewells is him ..

Sorry I meant does he declare to viewers what he is selling as a special piece of crap from DAVID HARRY Jewells is him ..

I don't think he openly says that David Harry jewels is him - but I think with the amount of times he's on flogging 'David Harry Jewels' items, they probably assume that viewers have worked out that its him behind it.

I don't think he openly says that David Harry jewels is him - but I think with the amount of times he's on flogging 'David Harry Jewels' items, they probably assume that viewers have worked out that its him behind it.
From memory (and it does decline with age) I'm sure with his first launch (the Queen Conch I think) with Angeline (possibly) she introduced the range - David Harry - and said then that it was 'our very own David Troth' and I'm sure she asked him why he'd used the name David Harry and not David Troth. That was his cue to start wittering on and my mind switched off so I'm afraid I don't have the answer but, since then, I've never heard any mention of him being David Harry so TMWNN is probably right, its just assumed the viewer knows.

My mother thinks that Dave is the one responsible for Gemporia's over-investment in jade. His constant lectures on this stone are a form of punishment for him. He has to dispose of jade himself, no matter what. It won't stop until he redeems himself.

My mother thinks that Dave is the one responsible for Gemporia's over-investment in jade. His constant lectures on this stone are a form of punishment for him. He has to dispose of jade himself, no matter what. It won't stop until he redeems himself.
Oh God, please someone buy it all, please, we can take no more :ROFLMAO:

yes but assumption is not how you are supposed to it ethically ??

I know Gemporia and ethics but still ...

Oh God, please someone buy it all, please, we can take no more :ROFLMAO:

BuT ThE ChInEsE CaNt GeT EnOuGh Of It!

As he's still flogging the shite to us 2 years later instead of flogging it in bulk to the Chinese that are 'screaming out for it'.

Didn't he say the Chinese were waiting to see him at Tuscon? Strange if he did, because he seems to have bought it all back with him again.............

BuT ThE ChInEsE CaNt GeT EnOuGh Of It!

As he's still flogging the shite to us 2 years later instead of flogging it in bulk to the Chinese that are 'screaming out for it'.

Didn't he say the Chinese were waiting to see him at Tuscon? Strange if he did, because he seems to have bought it all back with him again.............
It's more than likely that Chinese sellers offloaded more of the stuff on him

Latest posts

Back